Thread: Pepsi-Man Music Issues (PSX on PSP)

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Pepsi-Man Music Issues (PSX on PSP)

Carrying on from the following thread, so it's not too cluttered up with emulation chatter as requested
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...51#post1701151

Thanks for the help so far by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    How did you convert the game into EBOOT? and also how did you run it on your PSP?
    I converted it using PopstationGUI-300 because I can never seem to get the PSX2PSP program to produce anything that will work on my PSP.
    As for how I run it on my PSP? I'm not entirely sure what that question means in terms of an answer I could give sorry, could you clarify for me? The best I can answer it for now is to say that I know that an EBOOT has to be in its own folder, which in turn has to be inside PSP/GAME. Oh and yeah I am running custom firmware 6.60, I have other games working on this setup so I know it's one that otherwise works.

In summary, I have the game working overall but not the music that is supposed to play while Pepsi-Man is actually running during the levels.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Running a PSX game on PSP?

Thread moved.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rich666 View Post
    Carrying on from the following thread, so it's not too cluttered up with emulation chatter as requested
    I converted it using PopstationGUI-300 because I can never seem to get the PSX2PSP program to produce anything that will work on my PSP.
    As for how I run it on my PSP? I'm not entirely sure what that question means in terms of an answer I could give sorry, could you clarify for me? The best I can answer it for now is to say that I know that an EBOOT has to be in its own folder, which in turn has to be inside PSP/GAME. Oh and yeah I am running custom firmware 6.60, I have other games working on this setup so I know it's one that otherwise works.

In summary, I have the game working overall but not the music that is supposed to play while Pepsi-Man is actually running during the levels.
    Which CFW did you use? PRO? I'm assuming you're not using popsloader plugin right?
    (in case you don't know what that is, it is a plugin that used to emulate PS1 games on PSP using the older version of pops, which fixed some issues when emulating on the latest firmware)
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-compatibility!

I have tested the game on my PSP(running 6.20 PRO CFW), and it doesn't have music as well, but the problem fixed when I load it with popsloader 4.01. (works on converted EBOOT using PSX2PSP and PopstationGUI)
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

deadlegion:
    Yeah sorry, I always seem to pick the wrong section for my threads somehow Thanks for moving it for me

meganova:
    The CFW I am using is '6.60 PRO-B UPDATER'.
    As for Popsloader, urgh I went through about a 5 page thread one time being given advice on how to get it to work and never managed it, so I gave up in the end for the sake of my own sanity. If that IS the only solution then I will have to live without music I guess, but I do appreciate the help all the same obviously

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It is indeed the only option

I would just follow the guide linked as it is for your version CFW.
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?65360 < that's the link

If it still does not work and you followed the guide exactly then you can give up.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

meganova:
    The CFW I am using is '6.60 PRO-B UPDATER'.
    As for Popsloader, urgh I went through about a 5 page thread one time being given advice on how to get it to work and never managed it, so I gave up in the end for the sake of my own sanity. If that IS the only solution then I will have to live without music I guess, but I do appreciate the help all the same obviously
    Lol, well guess you only need a little push then, check your PM.
    I have included necessary files for the posploader, you only need to follow the instructions. Try it.

I can't post it here due to 'legal' reasons, but if someone need it(assuming you already have the EBOOT file), then PM me.
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the PM
    So it at least got further than I have ever managed it before, but I get a message on screen after I select the 4.01 version of popsloader (the one the files are present for) and it says:

The game could not be started.
    (80000004)

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Give 5.50 a shot, you should already have all the needed files for each version in the files I linked you before

Test it with something you know works first then test the current issue game, I say that just to make sure popsloader is working correctly
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-December-2013 at 15:16.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the PM
    So it at least got further than I have ever managed it before, but I get a message on screen after I select the 4.01 version of popsloader (the one the files are present for) and it says:

The game could not be started.
    (80000004)
    I'm assuming the pops version isn't compatible with your PSP's mobo type. 4.01 works on 3g and below(mine is 3g). Which PSP model you have? and mobo?

If you don't know, just download the attached PSPident, extract and copy the 'PSPident' folder to PSP/GAME folder on your PSP. Then Run it.
    When done analyzing, press circle to make screenshot, and upload it here.(you can find it on /PICTURE folder.)

Write down your CFW version as well. (on your PSP, go to Setting->System Settings->System Information)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

I decided to start from scratch and re-find the icons I used for them both, and the music magically now works.... so yeah there is that. I honestly have NO idea what I did differently because I even used the same icons and again made sure I created the Eboot from the .cue file (not .bin) and last time it had no music and this time it does.

Bizarre! Any reason that might have happened? I've honestly changed nothing with my hardware or software between the two attempts.
    I imagine the reasons all the online copies that I could find have no music, is because whoever was making the Eboots did it from the BIN file right?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Model = PSP1000 series
    CFW = 6.60 PRO-B9
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-December-2013 at 10:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh yeah sorry *embarrassed* I did honestly mean to include that bit too I promise!