Thread: Queue multiple bin's+cue file to be converted to a single bin and cue file?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Queue multiple bin's+cue file to be converted to a single bin and cue file?

Hey guys!

I've been reading Zorlons awesome ECM and APE files guide.
    There he also explains how to convert multiple bin's (Track 1, Track 2 ect.) to a single bin file (and cue file) with IsoBuster.
    It works perfectly!

BUT!
    Is there a way to queue all the games with multiple bin's to be converted to single bin's?
    I have quite a few games I need to convert, but that would take a whole day doing it "manually" game for game.
    It would be fantastic if there was a program (or a function in IsoBuster) that could queue all these jobs so the computer could do all the work over night.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You are talking about a batch convert.

I don't know of a way of doing this.

The problem with most image converting software is that they extract the data track and rebuild it, this is very bad for PSX disc images and will corrupt the XA and STR files and containers that use a special header that is created when the disc is created rather than being a direct part of the files, that is lost when the files are extracted, that should pop out an error message on extraction, but most software would ignore that and not pop an error message out making you think it went well.

If I happen across a method I will let you know but for now no idea what could be used to that in a batch, ISObuster can't though

some of the older dos tools might be able to though, stuff I use mostly for Dreamcast disc images, if that could work I could make a simple bat file that you can just drop a cue file onto maybe

I don't if those can be used though at all, I am almost certain you can as that builds a disc image from source files (i.e. the files stored on the disc, that again does not work for PSX discs)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. A batch converter.

I tried to look into it myself, building my own .bat-file using IsoBuster I mean, but as IsoBuster needs to be confirmed manually (by a human) when converting files this would not work :/
    But I have never bulit a .bat-file in my whole life, so I wouldn't know where to start anyway.

If you have the time to look into it, those old MSDos tools maybe? I would really appreciate it!
    Until then I'll use IsoBuster and convert the games one by one, as it has to be done either way.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

From what I have looked at and just been digging round a few converters I don't see a way of doing this myself

checked the dos tools and tons of windows tools most would destroy the PSX disc format anyway and those that don't require a specific file name given for you output files

you can set ISObuster up not to ask for the cue sheet if you wanted though under Options>Image Files>General (Always after a CD, DVD or BD image is created) that way it will not ask you it will just create it using the name that you gave the bin file.

for md5 do either Always or Never (it's not needed I use Never but that is up to you)

P.S. even doing this as a batch if it was possible would not take any less time, but it would make it so you did not manually have to set each disc image up, but I don't know of a way to do that, and I'm not a dev that could make such a program myself, I'm more a user and minor game modder (I was going to say hacker but that almost insinuates that I can program, I can't though I possibly have a bit more understanding of programming than I let on).
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-December-2013 at 23:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR