Thread: problems with psp emulator

Thanks

Default problems with psp emulator

I am having issues with installing it. Each time i try it says I'm missing a dll pack, so i try again with another source. Its sill a
    no go, does anyone have the bios and dll files?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What emulator are you talking about?

And what dll pack does it say is missing?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-December-2013 at 12:15.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I recommend you download the new PPSSPP PSP emulator. Everything that is necessary for it to run comes in the Archive file :>.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemongenius View Post
    I recommend you download the new PPSSPP PSP emulator. Everything that is necessary for it to run comes in the Archive file :>.
    I'm actually guessing that is the emulator that the OP is having problems with

Most users will already have the support files installed anyway, if not though it will report missing dll files

Depending on what the emulator is written with depends on the support files needed

As the other common psp emulator is written in Java that would just not run at all and even jump to the java download page, if java is not already installed
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-December-2013 at 15:15.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

msvcp100.dll and XINPUT1_3.dll are the two that keep popping up. Good guess though it it is for the ppsspp psp em.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ppsspp was written in C++

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl....aspx?id=14632 x64 Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl...s.aspx?id=5555 x86 Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package

You might as well get both but you shoould only need the x86 version that is for 32 bit apps, the x64 version is for 64bit apps

I would have though XINPUT1_3.dll was part of direct X though, something every windows machine should have to start with unless it's part of the newer versions of DirectX only XPonly lets you install DirectX up to version 9 Vista up over is up to version 11

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl...ils.aspx?id=35 the last DirectX 9 update install this even if your OS is Vista or higher, is has old libs that are used in some programs still that are missing from DirectX 11

(Vista and up over only) To update DirectX to 11 just use the system update tools or via http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=17431

before trying to update Direct X though just press the windows key and in the text box type dxdiag and hit enter, under system information it will tell you the version of DirectX that you have installed

The XINPUT1_3.dll might get fixed with just the C++ packs anyway though as that error can be caused just because a program is not running correctly as it is not due to the lack of C++ distro packs on the system

P.S. Redistributable Packages are just libs used by programs written in those languages or written to use those libs, but these are not the programming tools themselves that is something you need to pay for but the Redistributable packs are totally free
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-December-2013 at 19:49.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]