Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MegaMan X3 no music

Thanks
    EP Points

Default MegaMan X3 no music

so 1st of all after i had problem with even launching game on epsxe 1,7 it was freezing on NOW LOADING screen

but than i used pcsxr which loaded it just fine
    with exception of no music so i found a version where there was many .ape files
    and so searching google i was able to convert that .ape files to .wav or .bin files

but still it did not help than i come to this guide http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?57757

and so after going trough that guide i end up getting 1 .cue and 1 .bin file and that still did not
    make game play music so wtf im doing wrong ?

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. and so from that i get this

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. i get cue file at 1st from this guide http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?57757 where is link to
    Cue's and Sbi's for any games missing cue sheets, sbi's can be used to aid hacking protection
    http://static.emuparadise.me/PSX/cues%20and%20sbis.zip

and so cue file contains

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. file name of cue is same as of bin file which is same as file name INSIDE cue file when opened with notepad

and so game works just fine movies play just fine music dont work at all
    if you ask me i think something is wrong with file names i mean they miss match at some point but i never had that problem and i have no ide wtf is wrong

but as i seen the process while converting from ape to wav i played that wav files and each 1 contains music from MegaMan X3
    but back then all files was named like

Mega Man X3 (E) (Track 02) [SLES-00503].wav
    Mega Man X3 (E) (Track 03) [SLES-00503].wav

and after conversion file name changed to

MEGAMAN_X3.bin
    MEGAMAN_X3.cue

so thats the only thing i can think of is wrong but i have no idea if im correct even so i have no idea how i could fix it cause just changing name wont fix it

any 1 can help or point me to where i could get that music in this game ?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Please look in the stuck guides thread

look at both the ECM And APE Guide and the Convert to/Create a bin+cue with ISObuster guide

You need to convert all the files to the correct format then you need to make a single bin+cue disc image from those, the 2 guides take you through that process

If you done the above correctly then you just need to set ePSXe up to use the default sound plugin for CDDA to work

P.S. 1.7.0 is the worst version of ePSXe to date mostly because of issue's with multi disc games, we are up to ePSXe 1.9.0 or you can get a hacked version of ePSXe 1.8.0 that enabled CDDA track play back via any sound plugin called ePSXe Shark Enhanced (there is no mod for the latest ePSXe version though, well not that I could find when I last looked)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-November-2013 at 21:53.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

what is stuck thread ?

and by converting to correct format you mean brfore i create single bin fie its difference if i converting to 1 bin file from MULTIPLE ape files or wav files or bin files ?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

the guides thread that is directly above this thread. (well was at the time of posting)

read the guides, then you will know.

Sticky Thread Sticky: Sony system guides
    Started by Zorlon, 8th-January-2007 09:59
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-November-2013 at 22:46.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    the guides thread that is directly above this thread. (well was at the time of posting)

read the guides, then you will know.

Sticky Thread Sticky: Sony system guides
    Started by Zorlon, 8th-January-2007 09:59
    Zorlon thank you for your help i did before what you describe in that guide but there was 1 more thing wrong it was audio plugins that was the problem and not the game it self

i made here guide on how to get mmx3 with music
    but in spoiler there is short of what problem it was and how did i fix it

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...61#post1696561

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I already said that the default plugin is what to use as ePSXe disabled CDDA for all other SPU plugins, though you can use any sound plugin with CDDA if you use the Shark Enhanced version of ePSXe

I posted the patch directly here as I found the original site links dead for it.

It is still good that you posted a outline post on how to get that one game working though for anyone interested.

I also updated my ecm+ape guide so it covers more it was an old guide based on ePSXe 1.6.0 so I only really updated it to cover ePSXe 1.7.0 up over (It also needed cleaning up so done that while I was at it)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-November-2013 at 13:01.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

i think i miss that part with default plugin and i dont really understand it but now as i think of it i think i am

you mean that there is some hmm mechanism or what ever should it be called to read CDDA which is music in BIN file which can be played in game only by default ePSXe plugin and that Shark Enhanced version of ePSXe ? i just ask do i understand it right

if im right than add PCSX-Reloaded to your list case i believe that sound plugin of it have more options and PCSX-R is almost clone of epsxe with that exception of after you close game you can launch another one and you dont need to restart emu for that
    ow and when you select plugins you have all in 1 window to select test config and read about them in 1 single window i think thats why PCSX is better than epsxe and for now i did not find any bad sides except it dont see my daemon tools lite virtual drive but since i have all games in images i really dont care

but thank you for your help thanks to that i was guided to correct path and now my childhood is back in my hands i even managed to get megamanx3 as eboot on psp but psx2psp did not convert it so i googled it and there was already eboot version for download only 1 last thing it was freezing and while you load it on ur psp hold right trigger to select popsloader 3.51 which plays it with sound music and without a problem same goes for many other games like MDK which did not play music for me

so thanks again now i need to reorganize my SD card games since now i know how to load ones that did not load from the start

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You don't need to with ePSXe either you can change discs and set it to reset without closing it down, no PCSX is not a clone but it is a plugin emulator that is close to ePSXe same as Bleem! was (Bleem! is another very old one, the core for it became very out of date though, but was the best at the time for video enhancement) and a few others PCSX is actually a very old emulator, the R/Reloaded version is a huge update to that but not ePSXe, it also has too many issues with some games that I don't feel it is a great addition to add

ePSXe as of version 1.7.0 can only use the core driver for sound to enable CDDA play back (CDDA is the CD sound tracks, those files you converted from ape) [this is something I think ePSXe let us down with]

ePSXe with the Shark Enhanced patch applied has CDDA enabled for all plugins for sound (a 3rd party fix but a one worth using)

As both emulators use plugins for sound the sound options in the plugins are in the plugins not emulators (the options will not be any different)

If you wanted to you could go back to ePSXe 1.6.0 (there was no restrictions to CDDA in that version) but you then need to mount disc images in something like Daemon Tools Lite to get CDDA tracks to be read by the emulator as 1.6.0 and under could not read cue files or ccd files directly so would only read the first track (the data track (the first bin/binary file aka the ecm'ed file)) if opened directly by the emulator, so that is why you need to mount a CD image with CDDA in it to enable older versions of ePSXe to read those

There are tons of emulator of the PSX though including things Xebra that I keep an eye on that is a very very accurate emulator (though it does not have the enhanced features of ePSXe it is not a configurable emulator [no enhanced visuals either except one filter]) but it should end up being the most compatible (though I find it a little awkward to use it does still prove that perfect emulation could be just around the corner) this one does fill in gaps that no other PSX emulator can handle another great one though this was at the time only was VGS (Video Game Station) it was not configurable and only supported digital pad games but the compat was the highest at the time, higher than Bleem! again that is another one that was surpassed by newer emulators

Emulators such as PSXfin are only good if you only play games that work with it as it is not a configurable emulator and the compat is far from perfect, the same can be said of PCSX but that one can be configured, the core is not on par with ePSXe though (it's not a million miles away though as it is it's not a bad emulator, but neither is PSXfin either, they can only go so far though)

Plugin emulators explained

Firstly the emulator itself has core emulation (so not everything is controlled with a plugin and this also controls the plugins and many other options and code)
    Video uses plugins (can be internal as well)
    Sound uses plugins (can be internal as well) [for ePSXe they do use internal plugins as well as external plugins]
    CD-Rom uses plugins (can be internal as well)
    Control pad plugins (ePSXe by default can only use the internal plugin) [you can enable other pad plugins either via the shark enhancment or via ePSXeCutor a front end by Pete (same guy that does the great plugins) or use command lines to do this (a frond end usually just adds command lines for you)]

ePSXeCutor as I started talking about it, might be worth a look it is an external config system that lets you save settings per game and even create a short cut for each game if you wanted to do that, it would make a great addition to the shark mod

we do have most of these PSX emulators on our main server at http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...tors/Windows/2

there are a few I know of missing from there though like Xebra that is a very new one and Bleem! is also missing but to be honest isn't worth looking at now anyway and was a pay for emulator (though VGS was as well)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-November-2013 at 14:10.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

after i read all that even so all games i have works 100% fine i still need to check out that xebra

anyway can you point me to some page guide or what ever with enchanting on epsxe graphic for games ? via filters shaders and stuff ?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nothing I can think of off the top of my head and not thought about doing that kind of guide myself (one reason as it depends on what your system can handle and my current computer can't even use OpenGL2), but it is only with 3D plugins such as Direct3D OpenGL and OpenGL2 of those OpenGL2 has the most advanced features for visuals, just looking at the settings will show you what can be done there

For best results though stick to the multiples of 320x240 so 2x is 640x480 3x is 960x720 as so on and so forth for the display res

The best filters for 2D plugins such as PEOpS Soft is HQx2 or HQx3 stretching that both look very nice with the 2D games and even make 3D games look nice for those that can't use OpenGL2 or have lower end PC's

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

well my problem is that i need to choose between 2D or 3D filtering cause

P.E.Op.S software driver (plugin) give best 2D graphic HQx2 or HQx3 filtering but HQx3 have some bugs i believe and when using it (when stretched) image just dont fit the screen its oversized but anyway still it only enchant 2D graphic and leave 3D unchanged or very poor filtered effect

while

Pete's OpenGL2 driver (plugin) gives enchant to 3D graphic but enchanting 2D graphic gives bugs like this in castlevania SOTN 2D graphic looks good for most of the time but for example text looks like crap (i have same problem in crash team racing but at this game minimap have that bug) watch this

this is same game same plugin i just presset start (pause/menu button) after taking screen above

i will google best settings and plugins for ePSXe
    but now i gonna try that ePSXe Shark Enhanced you mentioned

later when im done with moving games to psp and configuring all stuff i can make tutorial for PCSX-r and you can post it as your own cause i dont care about credits or stuff like that

but as for PCSX-r guide i mentioned i was thinking about you should add it to your ECM APE and IsoBuster only with info that i provided in this post http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...61#post1696561
    since PCSX and ePSXe configuration is almost the same with exception that PCSX have that 1 better plugin and in my guide there is final step about plugin you need to choose for music in SOME games like for example megamanx3 to work

well anyway for now i need to clean up stuff on my pc and psp later when im done ill come back here and i PM you and we will see what we can do also for your help i will have small gift for you nothing much nothing special but something small just as a prove or my (i dont know proper word in english so ill say) how much happy you made me helping me

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The one plugin is an external plugin and does work in ePSXe, it's just another one of pete's drivers http://www.pbernert.com/

but you do need to use either ePSXe 1.6.0 or that hacked version of 1.8.0 for that to work with CDDA tracks

P.S. I will have a look at the filters for Pete's soft plugin and castlevania in a bit but I never seen it look like for me and played that game to death, though the best version is the PSP version that is a unlockable game in Castlevania Dracula X for the PSP (It's just a remake of the prequel to SotN) but has the original PSX game but has been re-translated and re dubed with the option of the original jap voices with eng subs or eng voices (that got redone) and eng subs and the original Dracula X translated (PCE CD game originally)

.... Just downloading Castlevania: SotN

EDIT: a hint for talking screen grabs instead of pressing prt sc (print screen) [most laptops you also press the [fn] key] on it's own press alt+prt sc or ([fn]+alt+prt sc) that will take a shot of just the active window.

EDIT: for some reason I missed the bit you said about OpenGL2

I can't use that plugin period due to not having a great graphics chip set, the game looks just fine with the software plugin though using HQ2x stretching (including 3D bits) can't say I have seen issues with HQ3x (stretched) but you are best sticking to the res multiples or it can have odd effects e.g. 800x600 is not a good res to use for PSX (you can have the thing under that off totally (I think it was dithering))

I could test with the original OpenGL though, but you have yet to mention the filter used with that.

P.S. I don't have interest in taking credit for any ones work everything I have up is my own work all the guides ect are done by me all the hacks, mod & rips for PSX, Dreamcast and Xbox I uploaded are all done by me unless stated otherwise

HQ2x stretched at 640x480 (2x320x240)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	38690
    HQ3x stretched at 960x720 (3x320x240)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	38689

3D objects do have rather rough edges even after filtering this is due to the way 3D graphics vs 2D graphics works, 3D graphics using 3D plugins take a line and upscale the res without making the lines thicker, 2D plugins don't do anything like that they just double the pixels used so 3D lines are twice as thick (the stretching methods do help that look a bit better but may still look a little jagered)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-November-2013 at 20:28.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

unlockable version of SOTN in DXC dont work on my psp i have no idea why i get crash after prologue and i seen many ppls have same bug so i just give up on searching solution since psx version of SOTN works just fine on my psp

and here is my 1st help to your guides its not much but i changed your batch file which rename extensions to exe file which include icon i made and now it looks better than simple bat file

icon here
    Name:  8LFL7vD.png
Views: 1819
Size:  51.7 KB

exe file here
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    i made it using bat to exe converter from this site
    http://www.f2ko.de/programs.php?lang=en&pid=b2e

hope you like it
    Last edited by deadlegion; 1st-December-2013 at 05:51. Reason: coded download link

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not sure command ren *.wav *.bin is worth it as an exe file lol, I have created way more complicated batch files than that.

Not a bad idea but not something needed by that rather small project.

I might add it anyway seen as you went to the effort to do that.

I can prolly get Castlevania on your PSP running as well, not trouble shot many PSP's for that reason but plenty of other games and other issues, myself I have been stuck on firmware version CFW 5.50-Prone 4 (Prone 4 is patched onto 5.50 ME if I remember correctly) used that for years now well since it come out I use that on my PSP 2K model, I don't need to update that as the Prone 4 patch enabled me to play 6.XX firmware games

At a guess though it is the ISO driver used that is the issue if it wasn't compressed as cso (cso compressed games can have issues 50% memcard speed 50% can cause issues anyway) so best to try as an uncompressed iso if issues are found and changing ISO drivers has not helped

EDIT:-

re-named WAV to BAT.exe to WAV to BIN.exe and zipped
    re-uploaded to this post I will link into the guide that way in a second

EDIT:- gave the guide the small update
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-November-2013 at 22:35.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

well it took me like 10 mins to create that icon and compile bin so not much effort
    and i think exe file looks much more better for simple user who dont know what is bat file and looks much more profesional

any way i was thinking if you could use or will it come in handy to any of ur guide launching multiple files via bat file

like for example i made with this tutorial http://www.watchingthenet.com/window...s-at-once.html

which explains how to start multiple files/programs/folders from fixed locations
    in last replay on that page i explained how i figured out how to launch any amount of files from any location making it more or less portable

and about my psp i have fast read which speed up data loading cause all my games are compressed to CSO also i dont use umd cause i use UMD drive to physically carry my other 2 SD cards (its much better to carry SD cards than UMDs lol)
    and so i decompressed CSO back to ISO and still it did not help and now as i think about turning off that fast read to see if it will launch SOTN in DXC i think its not worth it cause i can play original SOTN with pops loader on psp and even so i just wait for PPSSPP development team to release better version of it which probably will play SOTN in DXC without bugs