Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Fast loading could be the issue yeah

Myself I just use one 2x Micro SD to memstick pro duo converter with 2 32GB Micro SD cards, Fast loading is not really needed to be honest with a fast card (both the Micro SD are Class (10) that is super fast for any Micro SD) asides from that cso files load rather fast anyway unless you have a slower card I guess then that just makes me wonder how the Fast Load mod works... possibly better cache management

Most the time you don't save alot of space with cso compression, some games do compress very small though I guess, I don't find space an issue, if anything I have too much junk on it that I don't play.

P.S. Cvania asides from the re-translate is based on the jap version so some items are placed as they are in the jap version plus the 2 extra familiars that can only be found by cheating in the US/EU version

I'm sure I tried this before but may give it a second go and try and make the PSP version into a PSX CD, not sure what stopped me last time so that may not be possible.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-November-2013 at 01:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

if you could rip out SOTN out of DXC ppl would lowe you

anyway i have cheapest SD cards i could find each 16 gb
    now while i have games in ISO format i can put on SD card like 13-15 of them
    when i have them in CSO last time while i end up sorting them via homebrew sorter it displayed me total list of 37 games
    so you should know its worth it
    its exact same reason why on EP some games are packed with ECM format
    after package all of them you feel like i just get a new HDD with allot of space
    anyway that CSO load very slow to me like for example tekken 6 was loading like 2 mins before i could see cutscenes

with fast read it loads like hmm 3 sec more than iso ? around that i dont really remember but more or less that was the difference when i was playing with my friend via wi-fi

and while some games compress from 1,5 gb to 1,1 gb
    some of them compress from 800mb to like 150 mb

i believe thats worth it
    even so now days im more playing online games i repair PCs or just drawing something in GIMP like that icon to wav to bin for example

i use only psp when i go to toilet or while im taking train or bus just to kill time
    and on pc i just use PPSSPP so im not in rush to play that version of SOTN i completed SOTN many times and only thing i loved in jap version it was music in underground garden and poison prison or what ever its called anyway i just wait for psp version that can handle it even when it come out i dont think i gonna right away try it

anyway there is 1 thing i want to show you
    2 screens from same in game screen but from 2 different plugins

game name moto racer

petes opengl driver 1.77

petes opengl2 driver 2.9

and here we gonna play spot 3 differences

its exact same game exact same screen just with different plugin

it happens in very few games but still in happens have any ide wtf ?

my openGL2 driver 2.9 conf

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hint press Alt+Print Screen next time (or Alt+[fn]+prt sc)

Lolz at the missing stuff's, it will be Compatibility settings that need tweeking (that can be different depending on the users graphics chip set/card so there is no right or wrong answer for that it also depends on the game.)

Off-screen drawing set to 2 or 3 should show a change

try Compatibility 2 3 2 you already have the middle one set to 3 the others are currently on 1

I already have love here

Resident Evil Director Cut (Uncut) [PSX]
    Emuparadise Monopoly [PSX] [Shameless fun to do mod, I enjoyed doing that one despite the set backs]
    A couple of Xbox mods in my sig
    A ton of fixes for Xbox games ranging from HDD install fixes to HD display fixes
    All sorts of Dreamcast projects

I will take another look at Castlevania though, problem is you need to use old skool tools that don't work on newer versions of Windows so will need to emulate XP or 98 or something (building a working PSX image is not an easy thing to do to start with :/ a bit of a faff on)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-November-2013 at 22:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

i know about alt+print screen but i making full screen shots comes in habit in my case or cutting parts of them after

anyway i can guide you how to configure win98 on oracle virtualbox i was spending half day finding all proper drivers for midi audio and best graphic drivers i could find and old games works like a charm on it now

and i tried all combinations of that settings and all give same effect but petes opengl driver dont give me that bug its only on petes opengl2 driver

well its not like it dont display allot of game gfx its just small part of them so i wont cry

anyway i have 1 last question is it possible to convert game image of bin+cue to some other 1 SINGLE FILE format like iso or something and dont lose the music that way ? or even dont break the game so it still be playable

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No need to I already have that installed with XP, I would just need to get my Windows 98 CD that is in the loft at the moment, I'm in no rush for it though

*.iso format can not store data and cdda tracks at the same time, so no for *.iso

*.img uses a *.ccd or *.cue (*.img is almost identical to *bin format, only difference is between tracks)

*.nrg would work or *.cdi, but the best format and most commonly recognized format is still bin+cue (I.e Software that reads PSX disc images will load Bin+Cue format, some PSX PC software only reads bin+cue)

Overall in general bin+cue is the most commonly used format for CD images, it's a RAW format as well so no coded data ect added (iso is also raw but has limits, img is also RAW but uses FF instead of 00 between tracks but there ccd files are coded, but a cue can also be created for those and will work much the same as bin+cue then)

I use cdi for dreamcast disc images but only because of the strange structure that is needed to make games boot on un-modded consoles, otherwise bin+cue is the best format for all console CD game images (and PC CD images) DVD images tend to be iso but there are also other DVD image formats but again use codded files so the images are not in a pure raw format

When converting (well don't just convert) just mount the CD image and use the relevant burning software to copy CD to CD image (converting PSX disc images directly in some software will extract the contents and rebuild a disc image, that is fine for most CD data but not for PSX CD data that has extra header info attached to xa/str files and container files, without those headers that are part of the CD structure not the files will make the xa/str files and containers unable to play and make some games just not play at all, and most the time make the game crash as soon as it wants to play those files xa=sound str=video (str uses xa for sound, it is really just an xa header))
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-December-2013 at 11:01.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

no i mean like only for epsxe so game would be in only 1 file

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The only single file format that can be used with ePSXe is a PSP2PSX EBOOT.PBP file
    you can rename the eboot after it is created to name of the game.pbp

asides from that no the other formats supported require a descriptor support file like a cue sheet.

I have never tested that with compression so no idea if that could cause issues, but in that single file the cdda tracks are still loaded, tested with the Shark enhanced patched version of ePSXe

You can tell me if pcsx added support for that as well or not

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

both pcsx and epsxe 1.9.0 run eboots with music without glitches

problem starts when some games dont auto-fill info fields on psx2psp v1.4 popstation gui that im using and even when i fill correct slus and id field it still give error but it can be fixed by downloading different image format and than converting it to eboot

1 more thing (god i think i gonna always have 1 thing more here ) how to reverse joining bin's ? i mean i wanna extract music from moto racer

is it possible via isobuster or something ?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sounds like you either had bad disc images or they are not in the correct format to start with for PSX2PSP v1.4

PSX2PSP though just reads the ID from the header of the disc image but if the image is not a raw format such as img or bin or even iso (iso for data only track games) the PSX2PSP can't read the header that has this info because it is not located in the correct area of the disc image because of customized code/header info for that format and would fail on a convert even if you put the correct info in manually

multi bin images would fail at a guess unless you do the usual convert to a single bin+cue (never thought to try that to be honest)

Popstation GUI last time I used it (I admit that was years ago) fails on too many games

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

i just tested and process can be reversed i just ebooted motoracer and than i go back to psx2psp and selected eboot and i choose extract iso instead of convert

aside from that it extracted to img+ccd instead of bin+cue but it still works just like bin+cue

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can do that to bin+cue easy enough

Options> Common tab the first tab that is shown

When extracting iso, save toc as (o) CCD file ( ) CUE file

change the above to

When extracting iso, save toc as ( ) CCD file (o) CUE file

that will then save as BIN+CUE instead of IMG+CCD

I already told you what the difference is between the two formats

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

i just wanted to tell you that it can be reversed and to what format it extracts i dont need cue bin img or ccd files i just wanna sinfle file games like roms easy to select and looking nice on the list so im ebooting all right now

but still does it exist way to reverse joining bin files so from ape to wav to bin to joining bin files thats what i mean so i can extract music back to wav format ?

or can i just mount bin file and rip it via any cd ripper ?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yep much the same way as they are originally created check out redump.org if you have any actual interest in doing that.

ISObuster can be used as well as Exact Audio Copy if you want to do it the best possible way (the most perfect copy you can get having the tracks split up and various compression/re-encodings ect done to get the ecm+ape+cue combo).

Exact Audio Copy would need the disc image mounted (shame as ISObuster does not), to be honest I'm not a fan of that, it makes rebuilding a usable disc image a bit of a pain, don't mind the ecm bit it gives good compression in 7-zip but don't feel the need to split the tracks up, but it does give a bit of extra space back.

P.S. that is not done so much to save space on a HDD/Server but more to enable easier/quicker downloading (easier because large files have a greater chance to mess up during downloads, but I use a DL manager that helps big time to avoid such issues) [You can't use those disc images as it downloaded like that they do require converting first so not the best method for noobs I guess].

I like using ecm for uploads as it making it quicker to upload as well as download, but for playing I keep my collections for emulation in Bin+Cue format or ISO depending if the disc images are CD or DVD.

Games I have collected for burning ecm or for use with other consoles (PSP via emulation/iso and xbox via emulation as well as disc images for the respective consoles) is fine for those are not going to be actively used so would have those ecm'd for storage.

P.S. Akumajou Dracula X - Gekka no Yasoukyoku (Japan) (v1.2) [En by Gemini+Throughhim413 v1.0] I don't know exactly what that one is but it is an english translated version of Castlevania it might not be the same as the PSP version but it should have subs in english while keeping the Japanese extra's (I presume voices aswell)

I was about to look at this today a little bit, went to get the files anyway, I may still do the re-translated Eng dubs/Eng subs and Jap dubs/Eng subs versions though as these are re-translated in the PSP version (the game on the PSP is based on the Jap version rather than the English versions, or rather a mix of the two)

I will not be rushing into this just thought I would take a quick look, alot of the PSX is emulated in the PSP version but it is a mix of PSP sound and movie files and PSX original files, so it is a pick and mix of formats used between PSX and PSP, so there is a bit of work needed to get the correct format then it is a case of rebuilding the files, I will need to dig out some really old tools to do all of that and possibly Win98
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-December-2013 at 22:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Yep much the same way as they are originally created check out redump.org if you have any actual interest in doing that.
    i gonna check that version of castlevania
    and i converted all my psx games to pbp and they still work with music without problems on pcsxr i checked only few on epsxe but they also work with music sound and everything

here is list of what i have its not like even 1% of psx library but i think i can say that most if not all psx games can be converted to singe pbp file and played on epsxe and pcsxr without a problem or lack of anything
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. by the way i can just imagine what you can do with roms/games and emulators so i think you should check this site http://portableapps.com/ they have tons of portable programs all are free (like hex editors that you probably use)

i think program antrenamer would be useful for you somehow it allow you to rename multiple files at once with simple gui and program is very simple to use

like for example i now that i have all psx games in pbp format and lets say i wanna trow few on my psp i copy games i want to lets say desktop\tempfolder than i zip all games (with no compression for faster zipping) each in separate file and than i extract them each in separate folder < which is based on file name

and so i have now folders named after each game but games inside should be eboot.pbp and here antrenamer comes in

i select drag and drop to antrenamer whole tempfolder and it displays on list all folder sand files it contains i just remove folders from them list so only files remain and than i just choose to delete file names and set all file names to EBOOT

and puff ready to move to psp

hope it help you somehow
    Last edited by ZeroX4; 3rd-December-2013 at 01:57.