Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

get it from https://code.google.com/p/popsloader/downloads/list and http://pspslimhacks.com/popsdecos-un...-v4e-released/

try both versions (both should have all the needed files included)

P.S. I would of stuck to firmware 5.50 to be honest with a 1k model

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

To be fair I updated to 6.60 when it first came out years ago because I was still playing new games, plus it's never been a problem for anything until now apparently.

I downloaded the version you listed (even though I am pretty sure they are the versions I already had, but just to make sure you know?), nope still nothing.

I might have to give up on this I think I just feel depressed that nothing seems to work when I try and do anything new.
    Last edited by Rich666; 23rd-November-2013 at 18:07.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I can play all new games and old games on 5.50 there was a hack to the firmware that made it future proof it was called prometheus so firmware using it has - prome on the end plus version number, for me that is 5.50 prome 4 it was originally ME CFW with the prome patch attached to it ME was just a spin off of M33 (a different group mind).

You might be able to downgrade the firmware and start again and get both all PSP games working and PSX games working, just sounds like something went wrong at some point.

Not sure how to go about doing that mind you I just use a battery mod to change my battery from a standard one to a service mode battery so it is very easy for me to do that but doing the same without that gets a bit more complicated and you need some sort of exploit to use once you downgrade with homebrew software, there may be a method using one of the downloaders but not looked into it enough to know if you can do that, both that far back or even be able to do that direct to a CFW or if it just does it to an OFW

We have some guides for downgrading from 6.XX but again not sure how low you can downgrade to with that (I currently do not have time to test though I would maybe be one of the best people on here to do that as I own a 2k model PSP (that can go back to FW v1.00) and I can use the recovery battery/menu to restore my system if anything goes wrong)

We also have a guide for exploiting a PSP with any UMD game or demo disc from a very early firmware version (that could be updated with newer CFW without going back to OFW up to version 5.50, that may need to be a gradual update, not 100% sure about that either as it is not something I have had to test, I'm sure I used a 2 step method using the recovery battery/menu/CFW updates on the memstick and other exploit files that are used from that recovery battery+menu)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-November-2013 at 12:35.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

O.K. sorry for the long reply time, but I was waiting for a friend to get back from holiday.
    I remember him working on my PS1 to region free it in the past so I thought I would ask him to take a look too, he converted DGJ-V using 'Popstation GUI' so he tells me, and it's working fine. So I guess I just can't use ones made on PSX2PSP or something without having to mess with version of Popsloader and such *shrug* I'm really not sure why that is the case though.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Because no version of pops is perfect with all games some require the pops version to be changed to get x game working.

Good thing is you only need to change the version of pops once it should auto use that version on the next run.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

But I didn't use Popsloader at all and still got it working, the version you posted (and I do thank you for posting it by the way) didn't work for me, but this version my friend did for me, does work.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That still sucks everything should work just fine, does for me and many other users, this is actually the first time I have seen this issue.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I honestly don't understand it either, unless it's some bizarre issue with either my memory stick (because it's a micro SD card/adapter setup), or that I am using a series 1000 PSP.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's not either of those I assure you, unless your micro SD/s are slow maybe

I use MicroSD/s myself 2x32GB class (10)

And I used to play round with PSX2PSP more when I had a 1000 series PSP (though never never updated past 5.50 on that either) [my 1000 series was stolen though so it was replaced with the 2000 series model I use now]

I also have a Vita but that has not been modded in any way, I kept it legit and get extra content [games] each month for it via PS+
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-December-2013 at 11:11.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

I tried out the Popstation GUI program and it worked first time! Albeit with a little picture resizing needed, but still huh? I got both working now either way so I'm well happy

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's great enjoy your PSX games on your PSP

Just a side note but the PSP does not support "analog only games" (those are few ad far between) or "analog mode" (Plenty have analog support, you just can't use it on PSP), due to lack of controls so digital pad mode only, there will still be the odd game that does require an older version of pops but most should just work (some problems can arise mid game, so save often if you are playing the kind of game that lets you save)

I tend to resize images myself anyway so I know it will look good.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Saving often and in a few different places is always a good idea huh?

As for picture resizing, yeah I couldn't get them to look very good so I just stuck some black borders around them in Paint (which is about as technical as I get with picture editing). Looks kind of amaturish by some standards but oh well, it kind of fits the 90's vibe my PSP has going at the moment, haha

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I tend to crop it instead for a backdrop image, and use a full image of the cover as an icon

for paint just resize it first to the correct width (keep the aspect and do that by pixel instead of %) then figure out where to center it at (might take a few tries) then set the properties for the image and set the height there (you can always undo if you don't have in centered the way you like once the height is set in properties)

You don't need to be any sort of great computer artist to that

Paint isn't the best arty tool in the world but it comes free as part of windows and is easy enough to use for most basic things, getting great art software doesn't make anyone into a great artist but it can make some things a bit easier to do but overall they do tend to over complicate some things.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-December-2013 at 20:10.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]