Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Uploading (PS1toPSP)

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Help with Uploading (PS1toPSP)

I have a few PS1 games that are not listed on the site, I tried for days to convert them myself to be playable on the PSP but nothing is working even when I follow a guide, I have no idea what I am doing wrong or if the guide is just wrong.
    Can I just send whatever the relevant files are to someone to convert and upload? I'm really not bothered about getting any credit for it (though it would be nice of course).

The games I have are as follows:
    - Denki Groove Jigoku V (JPN)
    - Medievil 1 (JPN)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not working on your PSP or the convert software is not working, exactly what is not working and how is it not working?

Well if someone else does it for you then you have no reason to be credited for it.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Some games might require popsloader. Most people think all games play fine without it but there are a few problematic games. Have you tried running thru all the different POPS modules using popsloader?
    Twenty Minutes Into The Future

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There are a lot of problematic games that require other versions of Pops, hence Popsloader comes in handy.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Well I convert it and put it where it should go on the PSP, and I think once or twice I got the PS loading screen. Other than that it just shows a black screen (which sometimes actually seems to lock the PSP, really strange). I have to assume it is something I am doing wrong as usual because the seemingly simple process that people tell me about just never seems to work.

As for being credited, I just meant for providing the files from the game disks. If that doesn't warrant any credit then whatever I guess, I just wanted to make a point that I wasn't specifically looking for credit or anything really.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sure I will take a look at it but I can't promise anything but I will test before any re-uploading is done anyway.

Medievil has copy protection in it so I may need to crack that, don't know about the other disc though

I can't see much interest in these so they are just for you to be honest, I will just do basic setups for these unless you have images ect in mind for them.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah sure, I was only really trying to give them basic icons anyway (i.e. the front covers from the games).
    The JPN version of Medievil is in fact quite a lot different from the EU/US versions as it came out a fair while later, so they had time to revise certain animations, enemies and the helmet that Japan made them put in the game to cover up Dans' face etc.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Let me know if the site I used was a bad one and I can try something else, but it should be fine
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-November-2013 at 19:26.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I will look at this tomorrow, but it seems to be downloading fine, so everything is ok so far

P.S. for links like that use [code] tags for it, hit edit post on your post to see what I am talking about

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh right, sorry I wasn't aware of that rule but I will do in future
    I'm sure you'll realise, but inside that rar file is two more rar files/folders, just so it's obvious what goes with what.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Medievil
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Denki Guru Jigoku V - Sweepstation Version (very small download)
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. If these do not work it you may need to use Popsloader, they worked right away for me but my firmware is a 5.50 prome-4 so ther Pops I use by default should be 5.50, Popsloader just lets you choose what version of Pops to use

also for Medievil there is copy protection, it should not effect it but if it does it will crash out after level 3 showing a CD logo (I could patch that but best to know if it has an issue rather than patching it only to find out that removing the original protection makes it not work on the PSP)

P.S. you are welcome to post those in the uploads section if you like I can honestly say I'm not bothered in the slightest.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-November-2013 at 21:46.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Neither work at all, they just open to a black screen that freezes the PSP.
    I am using 6.60 PRO-B9, will this popsloader thing still work with that? I've been trying to follow a guide again but I'm not even sure if I am doing it right. It says to hold down the R button when I start up a game but it doesn't bring up a list or anything
    Last edited by Rich666; 22nd-November-2013 at 05:30.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes it will fix it but if you don't have it installed holding R will do nothing

To install popsloader just extract it first then copy the popsloader folder to the seplugins folder on your memstick pro duo

now open the pops.txt file that should be in the seplugins folder, if it's not just create one

in that you need to add the lines

ms0:/seplugins/popsloader/popsloader.prx 1
    ms0:/seplugins/popsloader/popscore.prx 1

(the above has the path the 1 at the end just says it is Enabled, 0 would be Disabled)

save the pops.txt file now and close it

reboot the PSP

(If you wanted you can hold R while you reset to check it has activated, just look at the Plugins -> option, that will just list what plugins are being read and if they are Active or Disabled)

Once you are back into the PSP normally

Start a PSX game holding R (Hit X to start the PSX game then switch to holding R, the menu will show before any PS logo shows)

It should show 3.02 pops up to 6.60 pops, plus Original from flash (the last one is just what your PSP will use by default, just use 5.50 if you are not sure)

Note for me at least the home button no longer wants to work when I have just used popsloader, but I have a feeling that is because the version of popsloader that has 6.60 in it as a pops version is not designed to work with my firmware.

Note I am finding it odd mind that I can use Pops 6.60, so I am wondering if you even have pops flashed at all (It is not normally something that needs a different install though and should be part of the firmware to start with.)

What model PSP are you using anyway and what version of Popsloader??? <- don't need to know this if what I walked through for installing has helped.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-November-2013 at 01:37.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

O.K. so here is my main menu, then my SEPLUGINS folder open under that, then below that is the open POPS text file (just to show I did what I understood I needed to):

I can't take a screenshot of the recovery menu but I can assure you that both popsloader.prx AND popscore.prx are indeed Enabled.

When I hold R after opening a game, nothing comes up..... what am I doing wrong?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You don't have the correct version of popsloader by the looks of it, looks more like the version of popsloader for my firmware 5.50

the 6.xx firmware versions of pops have 2 prx files and a modules folder inside the popsloader folder there should not be any prx files related to popsloader in the main seplugins folder

inside that modules folder should be a ton of folders names 302 to 660 and 2 other prx files

the 5.XX firmware versions of pops have a popsloader.prx in the main folder sepluins and a subfolder popsloader that is stuffed full of prx files and no sub folders, that will either not work at all with firmawre 6.XX or it will be buggy (that version also has no popscore.prx file, it is not needed by firmware 5.50, as it is part of the popsloader.prx file itself)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-November-2013 at 01:56.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

O.K. thanks
    So I now have the 6.XX version (which was my mistake to begin with probably), the .prx files are where they should be from what you have told me, and all folders from 302 to 660 have the correct files inside them (downloaded them seperatly, but they are all there as I checked them against a full and up to date list of what files should be in each one), they are also enabled in the recovery menu. There are no prx. files outside of the modules folder, and the text files is in place with the two lines of needed code.

All the files are seemingly in the correct place, so does it work?.....

Nope.
    Any other ideas?

p.s. Oh sorry I missed a question you asked me from before that was edited at the end of your post:

Note I am finding it odd mind that I can use Pops 6.60, so I am wondering if you even have pops flashed at all (It is not normally something that needs a different install though and should be part of the firmware to start with.)

What model PSP are you using anyway and what version of Popsloader??? <- don't need to know this if what I walked through for installing has helped.
    I'm using a PSP-1XXX model, and I am using the 6.XX version of popsloader as it is the same as my current firmware (official and custom).
    Last edited by Rich666; 23rd-November-2013 at 09:07.