Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harvest Moon Extract Issue/Dolphin help

Thanks

Unhappy Harvest Moon Extract Issue/Dolphin help

Not completely sure if others have had this problem or not, but apologize if this issue has been posted before and I didn't see it.

Anyway, since yesterday I've been trying to download Harvest Moon - Magical Melody for Nintendo Gamecube from three different sites (including this one) and have been encountering issues left and right. However, with the recent backup or maintenance that occurred here last night, I actually got further in downloading than ever. I'm still running into an issue that I can't seem to get past. I double clicked m3-hmmm.rar and it extracted completely before another window popped up containing m3-hmmm.gcm. I double clicked that as well and it extracted to 99% and 98% before a message box titled Next volume is required appeared and asked for a disk containing C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DIa0.343\m3-hmmm.r00 to continue. I don't know what I'm supposed to do next. Is there something I missed; something I need to go find; something I need to move...? I've come too far to give up on getting this game now after so many tries. Please help me!

I have one other game to try getting for this console - Animal Crossing - but I'm a little worried of running into this same problem...

I had a picture of the three stages to show what went on, but I can't seem to add it (even though its 90KB compared to the max of 97.7KB) or the single image (ranging from 33KB to 58KB) of each stage. I'm just having all kinds of problems today.
    Last edited by Ocelena; 10th-November-2013 at 22:44.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

If you add an attachment from your PC the site should resize it.
    If you add it from an image host (or external site) you will probably see errors if it is too large.

Use 7zip to extract from the .rar part.
    But if you have extracted the archive and got a .gcm file then that is an image.
    If you want to burn it to disc then just change the extension to .iso.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I'm not tech savvy at all. I've tried adding the attachment via upload and link and still it doesn't read or shift in size automatically.

I've upload 7-zip at least six times and still don't get the right icon that'll allow me to use it. I do have WinZip and WinRAR downloaded and I've tried both for both Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing. I have no idea what I'm doing, so if I can get step by step instructions, that would be wonderful. I'm going to see about adding images to this to show what goes on, but I won't hold my breath on anything actually attaching.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-10-13 Harvest Moon Extract Issue.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	38522
    Last edited by Ocelena; 11th-November-2013 at 03:08. Reason: Finally got the image to attach!

Thanks
    EP Points

Going by that attachment, you're using winrar.

It's a split archive (.rar + .r00).
    Use 7zip, extract from the .rar part only (7zip will combine and extract for you).

You will end up with a .gcm image file.

I'm not sure what you want to do with this; burn to disc for a console, use the image file with a console via HDD/SD, or use the image with an emulator
    If it's emulation, I should move this thread.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Is there a way to change it from WinRAR to 7zip or anything because my 7zip icon (right) looks nothing like my WinZip icon (left): Name:  11-10-13 My 7zip Icon.JPG
Views: 387
Size:  10.9 KB

I'm trying to use it as a ROM for my GC emulator, but I've had no luck at all.

Just how would I go about moving this thread to the proper place? Thought I got it right this time around, but I guess I need to learn my way around threads again.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thread moved.

That 7zip icon looks like the installer. Did you get it from the official site? (link is in my signature)

7zip has better compatibility (especially for split archives) than the others, it's completely free and has better compression options if you create archives yourself.
    You should always try using 7zip first, then resort to something else if you need to (but honestly, I haven't had to use other archivers for years).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Thanks for moving it ^.^

I got it from this site twice and I think one other (most recent install is from clicking your link), and each time it looks just like that. I thought I had missed something, but whether I save it to my desktop or folder it looks just like that.

I figured out how to unzip it using 7zip by going to my Start menu, clicking 7zip, and then 7zip Manager. It has what I've downloaded so far and I go from there. I thought I had gotten through and was on my way to the finish line when I stumbled across this:

Name:	11-10-13 Broken File.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	38524

I even tried unzipping and extracting Animal Crossing's .rar, but then I reached a point and had no idea what I was supposed to do:

Name:	11-10-13 AC Issue.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	38525

My usual go to zip is WinRAR and I had used it for years, but 7zip and WinZip are new to me - if that hasn't come across as painfully obvious ^^' Should I keep WinZip and stick with WinRAR and 7zip or should I just keep all three?

Thanks
    EP Points

In that first attachment you're getting a crc error...hopefully it just means you've had a corrupt download of the archive.
    Try redownloading.

I'm not sure what is going on in the second attachment because I can't see the file extensions in the window underneath.
    But I suspect you may have gone one step too far and tried extracting the image file itself.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Harvest Moon
    I've deleted what I had of Harvest Moon and am re-installing it now.
    I've re-installed it, opened it with 7zip, double clicked m3-hmmm.rar and then m3-hmmm.gcm, but it still says it's a broken file.
    Went back and double clicked m3-hmmm.r00and then the m3-hmmm.gcm there, and still got the same message as the image before.

Am I the only one having problem with downloading this game?

Animal Crossing
    I recently re-installed it and double clicked until I got to the half hidden box in the second image above:

Name:	11-10-13 AC Issue 2.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	38526

Double clicked eur-acgc.zip and got to this:

Name:	11-10-13 AC Issue 3.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	38527

And then double clicked EUR-ACGC.GCM, but I don't know what to open it with. I think that may be where my problem lies with that one.
    Just tried opening it with WinZip, since it wouldn't let me select WinRAR, and got this message:

Name:	11-10-13 AC Issue 4.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	38528
    Last edited by Ocelena; 11th-November-2013 at 06:04. Reason: Tried and failed

Thanks
    EP Points

EUR-ACGC.GCM is the disc image, you just extract that from the archive it is in.

The .gcm files are images, you extract those from the archive they are in and that's it.
    You don't extract the contents of the .gcm files (they are images).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Deleted Animal Crossing, re-installed it, and both opened and extracted it using 7zip. Went to Dolphin, located Animal Crossing, selected the EUR-ACGC GC File, and got this message:

Name:	11-11-13 AC Issue 5.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	38529

Thanks
    EP Points

Well this is the point where I am of no help, as I don't emulate NGC.
    I just run .gcm and .iso images straight off a HDD with my hardmodded Wii.

Hopefully someone else will be able to help you out though...and/or maybe read the sticky thread in this section.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Got a working Harvest Moon by going to another site, downloading it, and extracting it using 7zip. No problems with it besides running super slow (lag counter is climbing slowly toward 300), but that could be from my computer being on for so long and so many tabs up and running at once.

While I'm at it, I'm working on downloading Animal Crossing from there as well. Hopefully I don't fall asleep before its done, but its almost 2AM... Anyway, if the lag doesn't let up after a reboot, how do I get rid of it?

Even though we had some problems and couldn't get the issues solved with the downloads here, I still want to thank you for taking the time and trying to help me through this mess. I don't think too many others would or will - now that I have one of two games right now. I greatly appreciate it!

Thanks
    EP Points

The lag could be from running other things at the same time, but it's possible that your hardware specs aren't good enough.
    It could just be some emulator settings that need adjusting...I really don't know

Post your PC specs (cpu, ram, gpu) plus the emu revision you're using.
    That info will be helpful for anyone that pops in to try to help you.

Edit:
    I've edited the thread title so hopefully someone else will spot it and pop in
    Last edited by deadlegion; 11th-November-2013 at 07:58.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Rename gcm files to iso, they are the same format

so EUR-ACGC.GCM should be renamed to EUR-ACGC.ISO

When GameCube game first got dumped they used *.gcm instead of *.iso (I'm guessing just to show that the disc images are of GameCube games, but this is no longer used)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR