Thread: Game Trainers Update

Thanks

Default Game Trainers Update

I'm interested in updating the amount of XBox game trainers I have. Is it possible to burn game trainers to a DVD and install that way (as opposed to FTP). And if so how would I go about doing this? Thanks.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If that is the only way to copy data to your Xbox HDD then yeah you can go that way but Normal Data CD-Rs not DVDs unless you build an xbox DVD disc with something like Qwix

P.S. you do require a modded console to use trainers though

You can copy files via a File Explorer (the location of that depends on the dashboard and skin used)

The location of the Trainers also depends on the Dashboard used, myself I used a custom path with XBMC so not sure of the default locations

P.S. you can also use a xbox memcard to do this if you have a PC reader for it
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-November-2013 at 12:16.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    If that is the only way to copy data to your Xbox HDD then yeah you can go that way but Normal Data CD-Rs not DVDs unless you build an xbox DVD disc with something like Qwix

You can copy files via a File Explorer (the location of that depends on the dashboard and skin used)

The location of the Trainers also depends on the Dashboard used, myself I used a custom path with XBMC so not sure of the default locations

How do I go about burning ETM files to a CD? Every time I open a burning program and open the ETM folder it can't read the ETM files.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You need to build a data disc, files like *.ETM are not disc images

IMGburn for example you need to use the Write files/folders to disc option

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I use Evolution X with the original skin and can't find the file explorer. Can you tell me where the file explorer is located within this particular interface?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

As I have not used it myself, no not really, but I will dig round and see if I can find out for you...

EDIT: that sucks it just does not have one, kind of a very basic thing to have that Evolution X does not have, to be honest if it doesn't support something as simple as that I would be in two minds if it even supports trainers at all either it operates very very basically and lacks any sort of features except for FTP and xbe playing support.

I do recommend you upgrade the Dash to something other than Evolution X (The only dash I know that well is XBMC that is is still simple to use but has a hell of a lot more features)

I lied I also use Avalaunch that does indeed have a file manager I just that as an app though rather than my Dash, it is used because FTP is faster though it and it is easy to manage the installed games with that and qwix via FTP but your not interested in the FTP side of it anyway, it still has a Filemanager, though it is not as lacking as Evolution X it is still basic to look at and use (not sure that has support for trainers though either I always launch games and software from XBMC)

The other option is a build an xbox format disc (use qwix for that) and use avalaunch as the default.xbe

If you want I can dig out Avalaunch for you if you can't find it on your own

Qwix you can get from http://www.avalaunch.net/qwix/index.html but Avalaunch must use official xbox sdk so they can't openly share it and just state to get it from the usual places (myself no idea how I ended up with it to start with)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-November-2013 at 18:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

As I have not used it myself, no not really, but I will dig round and see if I can find out for you...

EDIT: that sucks it just does not have one, kind of a very basic thing to have that Evolution X does not have, to be honest if it doesn't support something as simple as that I would be in two minds if it even supports trainers at all either it operates very very basically and lacks any sort of features except for FTP and xbe playing support.

I do recommend you upgrade the Dash to something other than Evolution X (The only dash I know that well is XBMC that is is still simple to use but has a hell of a lot more features)

I lied I also use Avalaunch that does indeed have a file manager I just that as an app though rather than my Dash, it is used because FTP is faster though it and it is easy to manage the installed games with that and qwix via FTP but your not interested in the FTP side of it anyway, it still has a Filemanager, though it is not as lacking as Evolution X it is still basic to look at and use (not sure that has support for trainers though either I always launch games and software from XBMC)

The other option is a build an xbox format disc (use qwix for that) and use avalaunch as the default.xbe

If you want I can dig out Avalaunch for you if you can't find it on your own

Qwix you can get from http://www.avalaunch.net/qwix/index.html but Avalaunch must use official xbox sdk so they can't openly share it and just state to get it from the usual places (myself no idea how I ended up with it to start with)
    Alright so I have the avalaunch folder with a media section, shoutcast, xml doc and default.xbe. Is it possible to burn all of this to a CD and install via evolution x or unleashx (the two dashes on my xbox). And if so how would I go about doing that?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you create an xbox CD iso from the folder with default.xbe from avalaunch and all of it's support files and a folder with all the trainers in then burn that iso to a CD and boot it with Evolution X it will auto boot Avalaunch that yes you can use to copy files to your xbox from the disc.

Avalaunch has a file manager unlike Evolution X you can even replace Evolution X with Avalaunch if you wanted to, to be honest I don't think you can get any more lame than Evolution X from what I have read about it and seen of it.

This is a good way to look at Avalaunch though without actually installing it
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-November-2013 at 23:04.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

If you create an xbox CD iso from the folder with default.xbe from avalaunch and all of it's support files and a folder with all the trainers in then burn that iso to a CD and boot it with Evolution X it will auto boot Avalaunch that yes you can use to copy files to your xbox from the disc.

Avalaunch has a file manager unlike Evolution X you can even replace Evolution X with Avalaunch if you wanted to, to be honest I don't think you can get any more lame than Evolution X from what I have read about it and seen of it.

This is a good way to look at Avalaunch though without actually installing it
    Every time I burn an iso to a cd and go to the file explorer the D drive reads the disc as being empty. Is there any recommended process to take in order to make sure the file explorer is able to properly read the content in cd's?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah make sure the iso is small enough for the CD-R, or make a DVD instead

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Yeah make sure the iso is small enough for the CD-R, or make a DVD instead
    The ISO is only about 100 MB's, so size of the file really shouldn't be an issue. And they're top of the line Taiyo Yuden discs, so compatibility shouldn't be a problem.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Explorer... you are talking about windows explorer are you not... well as I got you to make a proper xbox CD then no Windows can not read proper xbox discs at all, the disc is readable only by the modded xbox itself

P.S. FTP is a much faster, easier and more reliable way to do this.

If you happen to have a crossover cable and use a laptop (or even just a huge crossover cable and a desktop) I can help you get FTP working if that was an issue for you.

Though I know FTP setup can seem complicated it's not. It is confusing when it doesn't seem to work though and is at the end of the day a more reliable way to get files on to that xbox HDD.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-November-2013 at 14:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]