Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New SH-3 roms dumped and playable!

Thanks

Thanks for everything in this thread!

Thanks

Any idea if these will be officially supported any time soon? Also, maybe I'm not entirely familiar with the scoring system (ddp dfk) but are these dumps correct? cause I seem to have my chain drop suddenly sometimes apparently for no reason, or have a hard time getting a chain going at the beginning of stage II no matter how many bullets I cancel the hit counter hardly goes up, is it me or the dumps? Not complaining or anything just wish to know. In any case, thanks! I've been meaning to give these a shot for a long time, there's just absolutely no way to buy these in my area.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope and no idea we only have the hacks of MAME to go by at the moment

http://mamedev.org/ would be the official site for mame and as far as I can see has no info on those games

As if most of us could actually afford to buy an arcade machine or two let alone have a place to store it in a usable place, not the lightest of things and not the smallest of thing plus the cost to have the thing delivered, and the room to get it into a house to start with, let alone finding a spot for it.

We are not bothered about the legality of it even if you did have the space to have 3 or 4 arcade cabs and could afford to buy the things.

[NOTE: this is Arcade Machine emulation not console emulation]

Can't say I noticed any issues myself from what I played.

But I can tell you that the child roms are just dummy roms to allow the alt versions to be listed, these dummy roms do not contain any actual rom files those are all stored in the master rom for each of the child rom versions
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-December-2013 at 18:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Yeah I could only dream of an actual arcade cabinet with these games. Anyways, I downloaded the roms from the link provided and the issue doesn't seem to be there anymore. Game runs much smoother as well. Strange, because the roms I had initially had the same size across all files. Ah well. Thanks, and all the best!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Could of just been some other external program making this cracked UME have issues rather than the actual roms being any different to what you had to start with, it is the crc or md5 values that you need to look at though not the file sizes to know if there was any difference.

At the moment we don't know if any of the roms used here are bad dumps or not, mind you a lot of the fully supported/fully working games in mame can also have missings roms and bad dumps that don't effect the games in any bad way.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I've been meaning to ask: Is there any reliable source to get updates on such roms? I'm not talking regular rom websites that only post officially supported roms. I mean, you can hardly find these particular sh3 roms anywhere else for example. Maybe japanese websites? Anyways, pm me if it's not something absurd I'm asking about here. Also, I hope this doesn't count as necro-ing, I didn't want to create a new thread just for this and I haven't gotten around to posting lately... In any case, thanks for all the info.

Thanks
    EP Points

Since it's official now support to SH3 you can find on various mame roms websites.