Thread: Searching for the .exe file for AGTH/ATLAS

Thanks

Question Searching for the .exe file for AGTH/ATLAS

Hey there!
    So..I'm pretty new to emulation in general and,thus, I already apologize for any stupid questions I may ask..
    The reason I started with emulation were some awesome otome games (Yes, I'm one of those crazy otaku chicks!) that weren't and probably will never be translated into a language I understand or even be sold here. So when I downloaded some roms and tried them on Desmune/PPSSPP depending on the type of game, I had no problems loading them after I unpacked them with WinRar. But now we're getting to my actual problem: As my Japanese is just good enough to say "hello" or ask for directions, I wanted to install AGTH and ATLAS along with it. Got both, no problem. But to use that you have to make a shortcut of the .exe file of the game and then customize it with the location of the AGTH.exe. Sounds easy..Problem: I don't see any .exe files there. What I do have is one SFV-file and lots of files like "2ch-fuji18.r32" or "2ch-fuji18.r57" etc and one .ISO file. The solution is probably the .ISO file, but I still couldn't find a way to convert it into a .exe file, so that AGTH and ATLAS will work.PPSSPP and Desmune don't have any problems opening the games..It's just I need the actual .EXE file. Could anyone please tell me, where/how I can get that file?

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey, Geze, you post was ruined by evil powers. Sorry 'bout that.

/Elmdor
    Last edited by Elmdor Rizer; 16th-October-2013 at 00:27.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Desmune runs NDS games that are *.nds (keeping those stored in a *.zip file is usually fine)
    PPSSPP runs PSP games that are either *.iso or *.cso

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for the answer. I'm still a bit confused though..In any guide you find for AGTH and ATLAS they keep on talking about .exe file, no matter what kind of game/emulator it is. Both the NDS and PSP games have the same AGTH and ATLAS tutorials. The actual emulation works fine, so that's not my problem. My problem is that I can't find a way to run those programs alongside of the emulation. So does anyone maybe have an idea what I could do in order to get them working?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The exe would be the exe of the emulator not of the games as they have no exe files

e.g. for a game ran through epsxe the exe file is ePSXe.exe
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-October-2013 at 20:20.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR