Thread: Absolutely NO Saturn emulator works for me >:(

Thanks

Default Absolutely NO Saturn emulator works for me >:(

Alright, things can't get any more frustrating.

I try SSF, as soon as it starts up, I get this retarded error message that closes the emulator:

http://i.imgur.com/kzXC24w.png

It's a cryptic piece of **** error message and it seems nobody else has this problem. Even worse is that I can't fix this problem easily since finding a DirectX solution/reinstall/repair is impossible.

I try Yabause and can load up a game (Mega Man 8 US version, which I got from emuparadise)... but then, the following bullshit occurs:
    the game's FMV sequences play fine. But the main menu is a black screen and in-game, it's a damn black screen.

Any help is appreciated.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try updating DirectX 9

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl...ils.aspx?id=35

SSF is the only one worth using

System specs may of been helpful

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Heh, I actually tried that. Isn't it great when every possible fix somehow turns up with another problem? Using that updater, it simply tells me that it detected a more recent version of DirectX installed (I'd say 11, since that's the latest one and I have that). It doesn't even try to reinstall/fix any DX9 components if that's even possible or should be done.

I got Windows XP SP3
    ATI Radeon graphics card
    2.66 GHz CPU
    960 MB RAM

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well you can't have DX11 as you are on XP Direct X 10 plus is Vista to Windows 8 only, I think that might be the issue to start with, you might get away with an old version of SSF though

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Sorry, then I guess I got DX 9. But then that's just weird. I have DirectX9, I don't see why the emulator would refuse to work, or why that DirectX updater would claim I have a later version of DirectX.

I tried the latest SSF, but that one simply did not load, period, just gave some runtime error. I rolled back to an earlier version of SSF, and this is the one giving me problems. I'm using 0.12 beta R3.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The updater reports that if you have the same version as 9c that's all

That just sucks for you then there are other Saturn emulators but none without issues

Up side MegaMan 8 is also a Playstation game and 90% of games that are on both PSX and Saturn the PSX version is better for graphics (due to the lack of transparencies on Saturn) and sometimes game play as well

P.S. when I said roll back to an alder version 0.12 R3 is not going to cut it, I was thinking more along the lines of 0.07

0.12 all revisions have issues with XP

Try the final revision of eash version until you find something that works for you, there are versions that should work with XP even work with Windows 2K
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-October-2013 at 02:06.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Thanks a lot, I'll have to try those much earlier versions.

For the record, I'm interested in Mega Man 8 on the Saturn because it also features some exclusive easter egg additional boss fights (2 bosses from the first Mega Man) and they seem pretty cool

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ah I see that's a good reason if you are into the games.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]