Thread: SCPH-9002 4 wire mod chip problem

Thanks

Default SCPH-9002 4 wire mod chip problem

Hello all.

First off, love this forum!
    Then i have to ask you if you could help me out with a problem i have with my SCPH-9002. I bought a 4 wire modchip from ebay with instructions but i seem to have a problem. I was supposed to run every PS1 disk after I attached the wires but now it doesn't run any disk. It doesn't recognize any disk as being original, not the ones that i bought toghether with the unit and which i tested, and not the ones from the US (i live in Europe, Romania btw), the my mom sent me.
    below is a picture of my config
    DSC02870.jpg
    Regarding the brown wire, i accidentaly striped it out of it's place before i took the picture but it was right where it ends (second chip attached to the upper part of the chip).
    Can you please help me make it work?
    Thank you in advance.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What can it run?

this looks a little different [there was also a note with this.. (Important! Point 5 are point 6(small foult!))]
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-October-2013 at 19:10.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Right now it can't run anything. It doesn't recognise my original PS1 cd-s. It sais always that it's not a playstation cd... i'll try to do it as you suggested.
    Thank you for the very promt answer.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I asked what it can run because my chipped PSone can only run backups from the region the machine comes from it can't even run original discs, but I never had an issue with that as you can patch the boot region (that's not the display)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR