Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free McBoot PS2 Card Help

Thanks

Sorry.
    It didn't occur to me to edit post because I kept getting logged out and never noticed the button before, I slightly looked for it once but I have a feeling it was after I had been logged out while I thought I was logged in. I think have fixed it now.

Anyway Thank's to all for the Help.

I might forgo the USB idea but I still think networking would be fun to try.

Oh thats a neat feature I just found out I can thank people.
    Last edited by PE91; 8th-October-2013 at 17:45.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Heh no problem just glad you got ESR running as it should be

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I have played entire games from USB (this saving lasers and spinning hard drives.) Some games are fully playable via USB. The usb drivers in the latest OPL seem fast for certain games that do not use FMV.
    Twenty Minutes Into The Future

Thanks

Okay hum well maybe USB might be back on the table. I don't know, why not, as long as it doesn't take a week to get working I guess I'd try it. I have a feeling ISO isn't a compressed format in any way which means all ISO's game's are going to be DVD size and a 4GB stick is not quite big enough so it will wait. In that case Networking is next.

I found a 64GB USB stick on sale that I was planing on buying anyway they were out of stock. I don't know how much longer it will be on sale though.
    Last edited by PE91; 8th-October-2013 at 19:22.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by PE91 View Post
    Okay hum well maybe USB might be back on the table. I don't know, why not, as long as it doesn't take a week to get working I guess I'd try it. I have a feeling ISO isn't a compressed format in any way which means all ISO's game's are going to be DVD size and a 4GB stick is not quite big enough so it will wait. In that case Networking is next.

I found a 64GB USB stick on sale that I was planing on buying anyway they were out of stock. I don't know how much longer it will be on sale though.
    OPL can now play PS2 games that were originally on CD. I have a 4GB USB stick that works fine for these 700MB games. The USB loading times are a little longer but I have had decent success with USB1.0 gaming. SMB(network) is far superior though. HDD is probably the best but I use slim ps2 so I am limited to USB/Network.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Depends on the games some are less than 4.7 GB others are over 8 GB not all games use the whole size of a 4.7 GB disc, there are even games on CD for the PS2

USB is mostly poor because of the speed it is only USB 1.0 and although games that have no FMV may run well the load time is still slow and the only reason they play fine is because those games are not constanly streamed from the original data but are stored in PS2 memory, it is certainly not worth buying a new USB storage device for
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-October-2013 at 19:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I was originally planning on that if I ever got another PS2 i'd only get the Fat one but my friend was selling his and couldn't get a buyer so I bought it. Now I agree if I had no other uses for another storage device I wouldn't even waste the money. But for some of what I'm working on a large USB stick will come in a lot of uses. I may wait till december to buy it though.

Okay well than I just have to find a game small enough to try off USB stick.
    Any suggestions?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Half Life 2 is a CD game plus it's good

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

That looks okay. The name half life sounds familiar to me. I've never played it but I think someone once told me about it.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think REZ is a CD PS2 game that I ran from USB quite well. These are other CD games I use thru SMB (not test via usb yet but it may work fine) - Vib Ripple, Chou Aniki, Silent Scope 2, and Taiko Drum Master.
    Last edited by b2p1mp; 8th-October-2013 at 22:52.

Thanks
    EP Points

Is it considered double posting if I BUMP this thread with new info, even though I was the last to post? Another CD game that might work over USB is Panzer Dragoon: I just found this info and I love Panzer Dragoon so I thought you may want it.

Game title: Sega Ages 2500 Vol 27- Panzer Dragoon
    PlayStation 2 rerelease of the first Panzer Dragoon game, originally released on the Saturn. The Sega Ages version includes a complete remake.
    This is a CD based bin/cue. Works with OPLv through network (possible USB)

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes especially as your not even asking for help and the op has not asked for anything new

Thread closed

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: