Thread: MAME - problem with screen resolution

Thanks

Default MAME - problem with screen resolution

I am using MAME32 plus plus 0.119 and i am trying to adjust the screen resolution for games like pacman and frogger to fit on the screen of my laptop which is with resolution 1280x800. They fit vertically but i can't make it fit horizontally. If i uncheck "Enforce aspect ratio" they fit horizontally but the picture doesn't look good. If i check "Switch resolution to fit" this also doesn't help.

Is there a way to adjust the screen resolution for these games?

Thanks!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh you would actually want it stretched then yeah that's nasty looking but up to you I guess

Actually not sure I do know what you are on about but I will give you some info anyway

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 288
Size:  64.3 KB

The above should do what you are asking

If you don't want it stretched but to use a higher res then just re-tick the Enforce Aspect Ratio option, it will still be running at the higher res

Please note that these are just stretched images anyway the games do not have more pixels setting them to run at higher res but some effects can be used that are under the Advanced tab, you may also feel that the Direct 3D Bilinear Filter does not do you any favors so see what it looks like without it

Also if you set the Display manually instead of auto you can set the Res it runs at manually

You can also change the Video Mode used and see if any of the others look better in your eyes

Myself I am using MameUI 64 0.150 but I can't see it being much different to what you use
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-September-2013 at 11:38.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR