Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The skateboarding should work just fine by the way it's just an issue with Swap Magic, but if you are using that you can create a separate Skateboarding disc, CD and DVD work for the Skateboarding, Neither the Kid or the Guide rip anything out of the game, just that note for the Skateboarding via Swap Magic, but that is not to say that the Skateboarding does not work, because it working fine, the issue is Swap Magic itself rather than the rip

for ESR I added my own notes
    Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance - Skateboarding notes [To Play, select SKATEBOARDING hit O then immediately keep tapping the L2 and R2 triggers together until you see pink]

You could make a DVD with just the Skateboarding also it's not that hard to do to be honest, I'm not a skateboarding fan myself so lost interest in it rather quickly, but otherwise it did seem fun, if the timer could be killed off it would be great, but then again it would just continue playing forever, so a pause code for the timer would of made this more fun for none skateboarding game, gamers.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-December-2014 at 09:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you. I made the discs using the alt. kit instead and i got the main game and the VR Missions to work. However, I could not get the skateboarding to load, even after pressing L2 and R2 repetitively after pressing O on the option. The screen would flash the ESR colors, ending with pink. Then the screen went black, and after a few seconds turned red for a bit. The "Now Loading" then appeared, but it froze here and never loaded. How would I go about making an extra disc for the skateboarding? And thank you again for helping me get this to work! My brother's going to love it!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well the Skateboarding game has it's own files and elf file located in the SKATE folder, (SLUS_205.54 is also an elf file), that is all the files in that folder that make up the game

You do not want the SKATE folder itself though just the contents

You will also need the SYSTEM.CNF file but you need to edit that in Notepad to point to the SKATE2.ELF file instead of SLUS_205.54

Providing you have already gone through the guide you should of already done the hacks to the SKATE2.ELF in a hex editor

Don't forget to dummy the data to the outer edge of the disc

I would test it also with the usual PCSX2 ect
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-December-2014 at 22:22.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I just realized I did not do any edits to the SKATE2.ELF. Was I supposed to? I just made an .iso out of the Skate files following your steps and it resulted in the same way as my DVDs I made for my PS2.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't remember if you did or didn't to be honest I looked at the guide and it's only the \SKATE\IOPRP255.IMG they edit

A simple media patch should work though if it needs doing the media checks are in the two IOPRP255.IMG files and the main elf file, but SKATE2.ELF is worth checking

I think I know what the problem was with the kit by the way, I seem to have forgotten to put the patches in the batch file, the patches are there but I forgot to put the instructions in the bat file to actually apply them

I will get back to this later though and do a test of my own, I know a CD can be made easy enough and have had a CD of just he Skateboarding and don't see why a DVD could not be made also

EDIT:- uploaded a fixed batch file for the auto rip kit for this game, I will presume you will have the same issues with the Skateboarding but this is the method I used when I tested it with ESR

MGS2Sripbatchfile.7z

It would be cool if you could test that for me if only in PCSX2

I will be looking at making a Skateboarding only disc soon though

EDIT the Skateboarding CD I have is the PAL version that is fine for me as I have a PAL PS2

Seems Both the SKATE.ELF and the IOPRP255.IMG are hacked but I still can't get the NTSC version to boot, not in PCSX2, do you know if the Skateboarding can be played via the DVD9 image in PCSX2 or if it just black screens?? it could just be an emu issue rather than my hand modified files

If you like though I can upload the pre-made CD of the PAL skateboarding, I can test converting to DVD, using the UltraISO method and patch it with ESR, may try re-building the PAL version with a Dummy though

EDIT:-

Will check what media I have left and commit a burn anyway

This will be tomorrow though now
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-December-2014 at 19:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Hi Zorlon!

Do you have a kit for Sakura Taisen 1 Atsuki Chishio Ni?

If not, then that's okay.

Thanks

Hi Zorlon!

Could you please upload the Forbidden Siren 2 PAL rip kit to remove English voices and keep the japanese ones only?

Thank you very much!!!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by benjotheman View Post
    Hi Zorlon!

Do you have a kit for Sakura Taisen 1 Atsuki Chishio Ni?

If not, then that's okay.
    I don't have this one sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ajmg2k12 View Post
    Hi Zorlon!

Could you please upload the Forbidden Siren 2 PAL rip kit to remove English voices and keep the japanese ones only?

Thank you very much!!!
    attached both kits

These are not remade by me atleast I don't remember doing those so these should be the original kits that are a little awkward to use if I remember correctly
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-March-2015 at 08:26.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I'm a bit curious, do you know where I can found the Xenosaga DVD9 undub patch? or that patch has been lost in the deep web

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No idea, thought it was uploaded on our forums though, but not enough interest from me to look myself

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Ohh I see...well it's possible to roll back the patch?.aka Merge the 3 DVD5 onto the original DVD9
    If is possible I can try to rebuild the Iso using the patched files

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't think it is no

The way it was split actually rips files apart at different locations depending on what is played per disc, to undo this would take far too much effort though I would of thought it could work

follow what the files do in the kit and see for yourself just open the bat file in notepad

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Hello

Can you create a rip kit DVD9 to DVD5 to this game:

Madden NFL 2005 Collector's Edition [NTSC-U] (DVD9)

http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...8USA%29/150641

Thank you very much.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't have any idea with that one (mostly because I don't play sports games so no idea what the game would use and when to make a split copy I could do a down sample though, but don't like to do that with games) but what is the actual difference between the standard version and the CE version?

there is a standard version of this game that is on DVD5 anyway, depending on what was added I could maybe make a split that just has the main game contents and another disc with extra content, but without knowing anything about the game I can't do that
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-June-2015 at 07:45.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

do you know that you can't play PS2 isos via DVD-R/DVD+R on your real PS2? Sony has trackers on all Playstation consoles and you will be caught if you do it. so please don't do it.

just play PS2 isos on your PCSX2 then or buy PS2 games at Amazon or your local video game stores except for Gamestop