Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PS2 DVD9 games DVD5 Rip notes

Thanks

CBDM.zip codebreaker device manager backup done, and yes, I done the checksum before started to build the iso always, the only checks that gave me the correct hash on 100% was the extracted files on the iso, before running the bat

P.S. thanks for all the help and sorry for the troubles I'm giving you
    Last edited by Neko Alucard; 11th-November-2014 at 18:59.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah sounds like the kit failed you, likely due to antivirus software preventing it from running correctly.

The ripping was complicated to be honest and there was little choice in what could be used software wise.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

im trying to run the kit inside a XP virtual machine (i'm currently running windows 8.1) that can help?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sure it can, though I just used Windows 7 myself, but if you use a virtual machine you can just make sure no anti virus software is running in the virtual machine when downloading/extracting and running the kit

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

stuck with auto update and can't reboot to apply the virtual machine, when I do it, i will post the results

Edit: how can xp take so long to install?

Edit 1: now...finally after wasting half the day configuring the virtual machine I gave up and installed a win7 partition with just the network driver, and I finally was able to get a perfect check on the hash thank you so much, now to finish this thing once to start the new game play
    Last edited by Neko Alucard; 12th-November-2014 at 07:39.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yay atlast enjoy the game and hope you find it was worth the effort to get it working finally

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grifterb View Post
    Okay, here is the situation:

I downloaded a copy of the Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, unzipped it, the size is 5.99 gb.

I extracted both layers with apache 3, I checked the size of the total files, it is 5.99 gb again.

I extracted the ripkit to the same file I extracted MGS2.

I succesfully ran the ripkit and followed the instructions.

I created two dvd files in the following sizes:

DVD1: 4.27 gb
    DVD2: 2.30 gb

I always test on pcsx2 before burning my games. I tested the original to see if anything was missing. It ran properly in all game modes.

After the process I tested both the DVD1 and the DVD2, both gave a black screen after booting with an error like "unknown element", I really cannor remember.

Any suggestions?
    I'm having the exact same problem. I've been trying to get this to work for the last three days now. I am trying to get a version with all of the additional content intact (the alt. kit mentions sacrificing certain content). Can you please help me get this to work with the first kit?

Edit with details: This is written in the readme for the alt. kit: "Please NOTE in advance that while both discs work and the game itself is fully playable using a mod-chip or the Swap Magic v2.0 discs, due to the way the Swap Magic handles games with Multiple ELF files on a v7 PS2 console it will cause the SKATEBOARDING side-game to RSOD (Red Screen Of Death) if you select it."

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

anti virus software prevented splitoff from running that detects as a virus

you could do what Neko Alucard done with the other kit and run it via a virtual machine running XP with no protection software installed, use it as a kind of sand box the run it in.

A couple of options can be used Virtual PC by Microsoft that is free for certain versions of Windows & comes with XP or Oracle VM Virtual Machine that is free to everyone but you need your own copy of Windows, does not need to be XP. e.g. Windows 2000 would work

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I disabled my antivirus temporarily (Windows Defender) and ran the .bat again, also disabling SmartScreen (virus blocker Win8). I then loaded the resulting .isos in PCSX2 and still got a black screen. The .isos were also the same size.

EDIT: I have set up a virtual machine with XP on VirtualBox and have a folder containing the MGS2S.iso, the rip kit, and Apache 3. Re-ripped the files from both layers and am going to try to create the .isos again to test on PCSX2.

EDIT 2: Same size as before, still just a blackscreen with no boot. Tested original DVD-9 .iso and it boots up correctly in PCSX2, but when disc switching, had read error with created DVD-5 .isos.
    Last edited by Metaru Gia Soriddu; 4th-December-2014 at 06:15.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Are you sure all the files downloaded because anti virus software would just remove anything it thinks is a virus inside of an archive before you even extract it

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Yes, I have the complete files for the game, Apache3, and the rip kit. The game works in PCSX2, the rip kit and Apache3 I re-downloaded with antivirus temporarily disabled. They were the same size as the ones I already had.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ok the easy way to figure what is not working is to edit the batch file in notepad and add a line after each command and put a pause command there, remove the echo off aswell

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Ok the easy way to figure what is not working is to edit the batch file in notepad and add a line after each command and put a pause command there, remove the echo off aswell
    Ok, so to do this, I'm assuming I erase all instances of 'echo' and for every command put 'pause' after it, with the commands being spaced apart.

EDIT: Alright, I watched the command prompt and saw what actions were being carried out, and confirmed it with an explorer window on the side, however the resulting .isos were the same.
    Last edited by Metaru Gia Soriddu; 5th-December-2014 at 00:37.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No idea then as I only played this game via my PS2, never bothered with PCSX2

I will dig through my DVD's though and test it via PCSX2 when I get the time to do so but they are ESR patched
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-December-2014 at 05:06.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Thank you so much for helping me.