Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PS2 DVD9 games DVD5 Rip notes

Thanks

I'm getting an "invalid archive" error when opening the Sakura Wars kit in both Winrar and Winzip.

Also, the God of War 2 kit doesn't seem to be available? Getting a "connection reset" message. The other kit links seem to work fine though.

Thanks, zorlon.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't even remember but I use 7-zip for everything

I don't think GOW2 was my kit anyway

EDIT, it seem I attached the files so there is no reason they should not work...

Going to download them and test extracting

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

You're right, I changed the file extension to .7z from SakuraWarsKit.zip and it seemed to open fine in Winrar. 5,477,762 bytes in 26 files.

For some reason I still get a "Connection was reset" message for the GoW2 kit though.

Cheers!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jokersan4 View Post
    You're right, I changed the file extension to .7z from SakuraWarsKit.zip and it seemed to open fine in Winrar. 5,477,762 bytes in 26 files.

For some reason I still get a "Connection was reset" message for the GoW2 kit though.

Cheers!
    Not sure downloads just fine for me with google crome drirectly

EDIT oops that was just an sfv, let me find the GOW2 upload

EDIT It may be because it detects as a virus "Win32;Malware-gen" to be exact, that would be splitoff being detected, otherwise it does download ok
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-February-2014 at 17:53.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Haven't tested it extensively, but the Sakura Wars 5 kit seems to work quite nicely for my slim, thanks again!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I didn't play that one through but I did test the swap point with a downloaded save, it's basically a clean layer break split each disc has the all the main files plus the quests/missions from one layer, if I remember how I done it correctly

It's the same for both discs of that game the jap and english disc, this was one of the easier ones to do though.

I will have to try and find another way to do the ones that use splitoff that causes alot of users issues because it detects as a virus and is prevented from running on a lot of systems, b ut it is just because of the way it alters files (though it only changes what you tell it to) but the fact it detects as a virus is enough to put most off of using it

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Okay, here is the situation:

I downloaded a copy of the Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, unzipped it, the size is 5.99 gb.

I extracted both layers with apache 3, I checked the size of the total files, it is 5.99 gb again.

I extracted the ripkit to the same file I extracted MGS2.

I succesfully ran the ripkit and followed the instructions.

I created two dvd files in the following sizes:

DVD1: 4.27 gb
    DVD2: 2.30 gb

I always test on pcsx2 before burning my games. I tested the original to see if anything was missing. It ran properly in all game modes.

After the process I tested both the DVD1 and the DVD2, both gave a black screen after booting with an error like "unknown element", I really cannor remember.

Any suggestions?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try the other kit

I don't remember anything from that rip, apart from it worked first time for me, I don't even remember the output file sizes, it's all been too long ago now.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

hi, I greatly appreciate your work, I'm actually playing Xenosaga episode I with your 3VD5 rip kit and goes almost flawless, just now on disc two and I want to pinpoint one thing; the swap point is at the end of U-TIC battleship, if you try to play the first time with Jr on disc2 the game hangs on the first cut scene you get on, that's for the comment about the exact swap points, when I start on disc 3 I will tell ya

P.D. If you still had the 1DVD5 rip kit for Rouge Galaxy usa, please upload it *-* I Pray you
    Last edited by Neko Alucard; 22nd-October-2014 at 07:47.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Neko Alucard View Post
    hi, I greatly appreciate your work, I'm actually playing Xenosaga episode I with your 3VD5 rip kit and goes almost flawless, just now on disc two and I want to pinpoint one thing; the swap point is at the end of U-TIC battleship, if you try to play the first time with Jr on disc2 the game hangs on the first cut scene you get on, that's for the comment about the exact swap points, when I start on disc 3 I will tell ya

P.D. If you still had the 1DVD5 rip kit for Rouge Galaxy usa, please upload it *-* I Pray you
    I never got round to looking at this one mind so you get it as is, this is not my kit by the way so all credit goes to the original dude

And yeah the original swap point info for the Xenosaga rip was not very accurate to start with, this is something I remember while playing the game myself, though that was a while before I started with the simplified rips so did not remember the exact points myself either
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-October-2014 at 16:14.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    And yeah the original swap point info for the Xenosaga rip was not very accurate to start with, this is something I remember while playing the game myself, though that was a while before I started with the simplified rips so did not remember the exact points myself either
    I need help...on the song of nephilim I get stuck because is the end of the second disc fmv's just before the cut scene ends hangs and I can't go to a save point, not even if I skip the cut scene, and in the other hand,the videos on the disc 3 start some part after the fight against EIN RUGEL so....is impossible to change between disc 2 and 3 on a save point...so i'm currently rebuilding cd isos to dvd and i'm getting familiarised with some ps2 tools, and I want to know if you can tell me what exactly I need to do to put all the videos since the very start of the song of nephilim or at least for the point before the battle with Albedo.

before hand, thanks for reading and also the rip and the file for the Rouge Galaxy
    Last edited by Neko Alucard; 5th-November-2014 at 22:55.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Upload your closest save I did complete Xenosaga game start to end as well use the save data in the next installment, using this rip

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Attachment 42725 raw type and psu of the same save backup using ule 4.42d
    as I mentioned before, is between those battles at the end of the song of nephilim (for some reason I get there in just 30~ hours o.O )

edit:
    after buying yesterday the game and noticed that my laser won't read any DVD9 game, not only backups and (cry the whole night) I started all over using my own game to create the iso and do the rip again...algo started to verify the hash of the files...and I noticed 2 things, first the hash of the riped files doesn't match, the second was that the hash was exactly the same as the original ones, here is the check exportDesktop.zip
    Last edited by Neko Alucard; 10th-November-2014 at 14:29. Reason: some checks

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I will do my own check as well when I get time, not had much time yet to even pull my PS2 out, I may just upload it pre ripped though if needs be as a few have had issues mostly due to some of the tools being seen as viral software (understandable as they are designed to alter files, that is much the same as what a virus does, though you do control that)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Neko Alucard View Post
    Attachment 42725 raw type and psu of the same save backup using ule 4.42d
    as I mentioned before, is between those battles at the end of the song of nephilim (for some reason I get there in just 30~ hours o.O )

edit:
    after buying yesterday the game and noticed that my laser won't read any DVD9 game, not only backups and (cry the whole night) I started all over using my own game to create the iso and do the rip again...algo started to verify the hash of the files...and I noticed 2 things, first the hash of the riped files doesn't match, the second was that the hash was exactly the same as the original ones, here is the check exportDesktop.zip
    Could you do some file checks with the sfv's I posted with the Xenosaga kit, the sfv's are for the actual files rather than the disc images at each point or point out what files are incorrect so I can try and figure out what may of gone wrong

It will possibly be Thursday that get a real chance to look at this on my console though, if you are curious I just use a softmod FreeMCBoot and ESR with patched DVD's (the patch just makes the PS2 think a DVD video is inserted that the ESR mod can auto boot much the same as an original disc) for now I will try and find my copy of the game that I already have burned, but will possibly go for a second burn using my own kit to double check.

P.S. the save attachment says it's invalid, possibly due to the way it was linked that's all, edit checked your post and it seems you have lost the first attachment...

P.P.S. if you no longer have the save on your comp there is a better backup method for saves using Codebreaker, it's just safer as some saves become corrupt when backed up with uLaunch the most common one is one of the GTA games SA I think it was, not sure of any other games though, even if you do not have compatable USB stick for Codebreaker to save to directly you are still better off using Codebreaker to compress the save and copy that with uLaunch rather than the save files directly www.epforums.org/showthread.php?80517 has more info on that

Codebreaker 9.3 is the best overall version to go for as it supports Official Day 1 Files (cheat files used to update the database the easy way) as well as Homemade Day 1 Files and the patches for it can point to most loader in any location be that HDD, USB or Memory Card

v 10 can only use Official Day 1 files
    v 9.2 is limited in that you do not get to chose the what directory the PS2 exec is loaded from so you are limited to pre set folders, though it does support both types of Day 1 files after patching but not beforehand

EDIT:- dug out my previous burned rip of Xenosaga, I also have it burned onto a DVD+R DL (aka DVD9 disc) though it reads poorly on my PS2 that is not uncommon though my PS2 plays original Dual Layer discs so it just struggles with burned Dual Layers DVD's, but it is not that uncommon for PS2's to struggle with retail Dual Layer games either, that is beyond ridiculous that I have seen brand new consoles struggle with including one of my brothers that even from day one would not read Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance that comes on a Dual Layer DVD that I own the original disc of and is in perfect condition.

EDIT I have the USB stick I use ready also just need to find the correct memcard with the mod on and get the PS2 hooked up though I have it out ready, it's just a mess of wires behind my TV set, then again I have over 10 devices under the TV in a computer cabinet (basically an old style PC desk with doors to hide the junk on it, that I use under my TV instead of using it as a comp desk)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-November-2014 at 12:35.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]