Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It will be apx 24 hrs before I can take a look at that game due to download time of the DVD of this game and I will be asleep when it completes the download
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-October-2013 at 20:00.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Okay, I can wait. By the way, if I'm not mistaken the iso in the ep database is corrupted. I'd suggest you to download from another source (I got mine from a torrent). Thank you for your time.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I am getting the one from EP so I will verify that and report it if it is corrupt so it can be fixed (if that is the case)
    90% of broken games reported are just the users download getting corrupt due to unstable connections, to fix that just use a download manager like www.freedownloadmanager.org and large files such as PS2 ISO's are especially prone to bad downloading

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Oh, that may be the case with my download. I actually don't use any download managers.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah lack of the download manager just caused the fault with your download GOW2 hosted on our main site is just fine.

The download manager I linked is what I use myself it also supports torrent files though I still use uTorrent myself, even though I hardly use torrents now as 90% of the torrent sites I used to use are gone now.

disable antivirus software when you extract the kit and use it as splitoff.exe is detected as a virus by some antivirus software, I presume it is because it aters a file but this only effects what you tell it to do (it just splits a file at a off set you tell it to (in this case the batch file tells splitoff to split Part1.pak))

if that is missed you will end up with iml creating a messed up disc image as you describe (1 of the files would be missing because splitoff was skipped), the iml should be disc1.iml, then disc2.iml the second time iml2iso pops up (TEST.IML shows as the default iml file that needs to be changed)

I will get round to making the kit simplified but I can't avoid the use of splitoff.exe, well not that I can think of.

disc1.iso = 3.99 GB
    disc2.iso = 4.09 GB

I don't want to burn test this game as I own the DLC version on my PS3 along with the first one and the two PSP ones in HD.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-October-2013 at 10:58.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

You don't need to burn the game to test, I can do that. I don't know if the problem is related to the anti-virus software, but even though I turn it off, the result is the same. By the way, when I run gow2rip.bat, I see that some files are not found in the folder. it looks like this on the black screen:

Error: cannot open file 'GODOFWAR.TOC': No such file or directory.

PS: I don't know if you upload stuff right now. However if you can upload DVD5 versions, it would probably save me from the trouble of ripping them myself. I'm sure some other people would downlaod them too, just saying.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That file is part of the original disc

What files do you have after extracting the DVD9

Either the disc has not extracted fully or you did not extract the DVD9 to the correct path

989NOMID.IRX
    DBCMAN.IRX
    DS1O_S1.IRX
    DS2U_D.IRX
    GODOFWAR.TOC
    IOPRP300.IMG
    LIBSD.IRX
    MC2_D.IRX
    MC2_S1.IRX
    PART1.PAK
    PART2.PAK
    SCUS_974.81
    SIO2D.IRX
    SIO2MAN.IRX
    SMPD.IRX
    SYSTEM.CNF

is a full list of files that make up this DVD9 game

those files should be in the same folder as the kit so you will also have

ApplyPPF3.exe
    disc1.iml
    disc1.ims
    disc2.iml
    disc2.ims
    gdvd4-iml2iso.exe
    gow2rip.bat
    GOWTOCD1.PPF
    GOWTOCD2.PPF
    PART1A.XDT
    PART1B.XDT
    PART2D1.PAK
    readme.txt
    splitoff.exe
    xdelta.exe

The above is all the kit files

Also extract the kit again (turn your antivirus off, you can turn the internet off as well if you like for security reasons while the antivirus software is off)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-October-2013 at 10:49.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Okay, I believe I have succesfully created two new isos.
    Disc 1 = 3.99
    Disc 2 = 3.97

I think something went wrong with the second one, since it's not 4.09 like yours.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Possibly but too tired to give out any advice at the moment

But this is the contents of disc2 and file sizes

174.79 KB , >:\989NOMID.IRX
    15.29 KB , >:\DBCMAN.IRX
    9.22 KB , >:\DS1O_S1.IRX
    11.45 KB , >:\DS2U_D.IRX
    38.09 KB , >:\GODOFWAR.TOC
    271.78 KB , >:\IOPRP300.IMG
    29.38 KB , >:\LIBSD.IRX
    19.75 KB , >:\MC2_D.IRX
    19.69 KB , >:\MC2_S1.IRX
    122.77 MB , >:\PART1.PAK
    3.97 GB , >:\PART2.PAK
    2.03 MB , >:\SCUS_974.81
    11.02 KB , >:\SIO2D.IRX
    6.49 KB , >:\SIO2MAN.IRX
    50.92 KB , >:\SMPD.IRX
    0.06 KB , >:\SYSTEM.CNF

You can check that with ISO buster, if something does not match up let me know so I can figure out what went wrong. funny that PART2.PAK happens to be 3.97 GB

EDIT

smillies are not intended
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-June-2015 at 16:58.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Okay, this is really interesting, but appearently after unzipping the iso I do not have the part2.pak file. I tried to see hidden files, but it just doesn't exist in my iso. And after extracting my iso, I get something around 3.97.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by grifterb View Post
    Okay, this is really interesting, but appearently after unzipping the iso I do not have the part2.pak file. I tried to see hidden files, but it just doesn't exist in my iso. And after extracting my iso, I get something around 3.97.
    sounds like the second layer was not extracted

the first disc has PART2.PAK dummied anyway so disc1 is fine

it also sounds like PART1.PAK may be incorrect in disc2

when I get back in I will give you a list of files that are on disc1 and the file sizes so you can check

and get yourself isobuster it's free anyway, only paid part is for recovering files but that fails mostly so not worth it

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Okay, I got the problem. Just like you said, apache3 cannot extract the part2.pak from the second layer, that file is missing. I can see the file in the iso, however I cannot extract it. I'll try it with the isobuster this time. If it doesn't work then I'll need another way.

PS: My iso is solid this time, so I don't think that is the problem.

Okay, just an update, when I open the iso with isobuster, it doesn't even show the part2.pak file. I still have a problem.

EDIT: Again, I tried with apache, successfully extracted everything. disc1.iso is a success with 3.99 gb. However dis2 process is done at 97 percent, and it's only 3.97gb.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 19th-October-2013 at 13:33. Reason: merged posts

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Funny I used Apache3 and it extracted both layers just fine

if there is an error in extracting the contents of the dual layer ISO it sounds like that iso may have issues

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?87223 Apache3 guide

I tested the kit 3 times now and it works without issues every time so the issue is with your extracting of the dual layer disc image or you have something preventing the programs used from running but I already advised you to disable anti virus software (while downloading, extracting and running the kit)

I will even provide a SFV file you so can check that you have all the correct original files extracted ok with any sfv file checker (I use QuickSFV myself)

the sfv is attached zipped up this is for the files extracted from the original DVD9 image and not for any files after the kit has been ran as that will change some of the CRC values of the files as some are altered to work on 2 DVD5 discs instead of the single DVD9 disc

I am guessing the issue is still that something is preventing the programs from running so instead of splitoff doing it's thing it is skipping to the next part that deletes the original file PART1.PAK and replaces it with the altered file created with splitoff but because splitoff has not run there are no files to replace the original one that was removed

If you wanted to can edit the bat file and put a pause between each line, remove any cls commands then run it again, then you can see if it does not do something, or can't find something as it goes

Spoiler warning:

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. If splitoff can't run what happens is that the next line, deletes PART1.PAK,
    then the xdleta lines will fail as OPART1A.PAK & OPART1B.PAK are not found,
    the copy /b line will fail as the files do not exist because the above failed and PART1.PAK is not recreated
    the del lines will give an error as the files are not created with the above lines

P.S. this is not the only kit that requires splitoff, there are other kits that also need this

EDIT: tested the iml without the PART1.PAK file there that is created with a combination of splitoff, xdelta and the copy command and the image is 3.97 GB like I have been saying all along the issue is with splitoff being prevented from running that creates the new PART1.PAK file needed for disc2
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-October-2013 at 19:49.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Hi Zorlon!

Thanks for discovering that Sakura Wars can actually be split into 2 DVD-5's.

Is the kit available?

Thanks Again!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by benjotheman View Post
    Hi Zorlon!

Thanks for discovering that Sakura Wars can actually be split into 2 DVD-5's.

Is the kit available?

Thanks Again!
    It is now

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Here is one I made (a while back now just never got round to uploading it)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]