Thread: ps2 30001 R drive replacement

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default ps2 30001 R drive replacement

Looking to replace dvd drive in old ps2 V4 30001 R so I need help finding a site that still sells these used or new for less then $127.55-richpsxparts
    any help would be really nice.
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by soratron View Post
    Looking to replace dvd drive in old ps2 V4 30001 R so I need help finding a site that still sells these used or new for less then $127.55-richpsxparts
    any help would be really nice.
    Buy a complete working console of the same model (ebay/similar site or pawn shop)...waaay cheaper than $130

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't want another one and that was only the one so far I found price wise with the complete assembly want to make this one compatible with my esr disks but I need the drive to work first then give newer phat model that plays disks to sister fo she can play a few of the burnt games I made for her like KH1 and FFX on ESR.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Oh, ok.
    I just assumed you had a 30001 with a modchip that had a faulty laser.

If you're just using softmod then go buy another used ps2 (they're cheap) and some ppl even give them away

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Like I said I want to fix up this I already have an hdd and network adapter plugged into it with games on the hdd but I burnt a few of my favorites onto dvd-r and my hdd 20GB is full and I don't feel like deleting games that where a pain to put on it once. Then I was going to give my sister the working one back it's hers barrowing it under condition that I don't mod it with a chip and her ps2 memory card port jiggles so it thinks cards are not in it mine doesn't jiggle and 2 she wants it back before she moves.
    The games I burned aren't pirated I stepped on one in 07 and lost the disc to one last year and brother by accident sold my DAH 2 disc instead of his last month without telling me I still have the case though. "Destroy all humans 2"

I forgot to mention that the current drive the white cable closest to the power button has been broken off of the board and the drive go eh eh.... stops trying is this the problem with my drive and will soldering it fix my disc read problem or not?
    Last edited by soratron; 1st-September-2013 at 10:20.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It is still the cheap option is still just to buy a 2nd PS2 rather than trying to buy just the parts, you can use the 2nd one for parts if you wanted to but if the HDD + Network adapter works without changing anyway you might as well do that.

Hell you could use that to replace the ports as well so you have 2 fully functional PS2's unless they are different models

Hate to tell you this but in not owning the original disc it is a pirate copy (copyright laws are a bit stupid in places specially with some CD and DVD media having protection against copying but it is legal to have a single backup (copy) for software), but to be honest no one cares about that here anyway

the white cable... the one connecting the Power/eject button?? anyway can't see that being an issue anyway if it still ejects and powers on and off

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

the power comes on but it wont eject if I press the button and that's the grey shiny cable the one I'm talking about goes right under the drive lift arm. when it was still attached to the drive after waiting a few minutes the disc would spin [ I took casing of]. Mine is a 30001 R sister's is a 50001 model and I looked they're setup is a bitt different in the cable layout.
    It's funny I found a new 7001 psx laser on day 1 of searching google for 45.00 dollars amazon, BRAND NEW! But I only so far found any original ps2 drive boards with the laser eyes still connected on psx parts for way too much 79.95-129.98+ shipping 5.98. So I was hoping you guys new a legit site that sells parts from power board to bay covers, but seriously I need to find part before next wednesday when she starts moving out.

Also side question has anyone successfully installed a 2.0 usb port in their console if so tell me how I've got a 1tb usb hdd and was thinking of putting iso's on it but 1.1 is way too well like a scratched disc.
    Last edited by soratron; 4th-September-2013 at 06:38.