Thread: Problem to run "TY the Tasmanian Tiger - Night of the Quinkan".

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation Problem to run "TY the Tasmanian Tiger - Night of the Quinkan".

For any unknown reason, this game simple freeze on his boot logo (Red sign with Ty silhouette).

The discs are new, I tryed to burn with Nero, Imgburn and alcohol, and the same problem, happens all the time.

Here i'm using a matrix modchip, and I tried disable the follow options:

Macrovision Fix

Green Fix

03oj3.jpg

And still the problem persists.

Do, anyone had success to fix this problem?

All help will be welcome.

Thanks for your attention.
    ------------------------------
    "TY the Tasmanian Tiger - Night of the Quinkan".
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...alia%29/154762

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Not sure what region your console is, but that game should be PAL (the download you linked to is an Australian version).
    I know the matrix chip automatically detects media region, but I guess you could try forcing PAL mode (your tv will need to support PAL mode too).

So try changing option:
    PS2 Screen fix to PAL60 or if that doesn't work try PAL.

http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/matrix/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks Deadlegion,

I tried, but the problem still persists.

I found some comments about this case in special, and same with the original disc, without a modchip, it happens with ps2 slim models.

In my case, I'm trying with an SCPH-90000X, but the last comment that I read, one person can run this game (original disc) in an SCPH-39001 (Fat model) and he can't run on slim models after this one.

Can be possible, That "TY the Tasmanian Tiger - Night of the Quinkan" be one of those games, that are imcompatible with slim models, like the instructions booklet (console) advised.

I'll try find more info, and if I find something, I update here soon as possible,
    Last edited by Unknownuser2; 15th-August-2013 at 11:53.

Thanks
    EP Points

On this last weekend I had success to run this game on pcsx2 (using old Eur. Bios 04/10/2001) and the old ps2 (fat model).

I'll continue the tests with other ps2 models, and bios.

More info can find on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ty_the_...chnical_issues
    Last edited by Unknownuser2; 19th-August-2013 at 20:49.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Get an xbox and mod the beast

Best to play from HDD as well, replacing the HDD with a large sized one to get a few games on it, this will both save you burning DVD's and CD's but will also keep the drive from getting worn.

The Xbox can be soft-modded as well so no need for a mod chip, though it is best to get a model lower than 1.6 due to High Def issues with some games, unless your not fussed about High-Def then any model xbox will do via A/V composite, HD is done either via a A/V component or with a mod chip with a VGA hard mod. (I'm using a soft mod plus component for HD)

You should be able to pick up an xbox for rather cheap as well as needed bits to mod it (there are a few options but if you happen to have an olde PC with IDE HDD connections it makes things easier)

The xbox will play some of the multi system games better than the PS2, but I do admit the PS2 does have more exclusive to PS2 games that are rather nice games, the xbox has a few xbox only games as well though and some very good ones at that (I'm not even talking about Halo, as it happens I'm not a fan of the Halo series, though I like the other well known series Fable)

P.S. if like me you do not like the xbox controllers, I just use a PS2 pad in a PS2 to xbox controller converter .

This is just another option, I'm in no way implying that you must do this.

I originally got the xbox just for emulators on it, but after playing a few of the gems for xbox I have come to love some of the xbox games aswell, even if I do use a PS2 controller to play them.

The xbox is one of the best machines for it's emulators as well, hence why I got the thing for that function.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Heya Zorlon's,

Thanks for the tip, I'm thinking on buy a xbox, I'm really like the form of those popular consoles, can run well emulators and old games.

In part I didn't burned more than 3 copies o TY3, trying to run it, hehehe...

But is funny to see the difference on the slim models in comparison with the old Ps2 "Fat" models.

For now, is a hobby try run this game on the slim version, I believe that can be possible using programs like "usb extreme" (let's see if using a HD or a Flash drive, it can be done), but I'll need to wait until the weekend to try, lmao

On emulator, the game simply worked well, with the old "Eur Bios", but with the "7000x Bios", I couldn't run the game yet (maybe the problem is the bios, not the hardware).

And again, thank so much for the tips, and for your attention.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

OPL (Open PS2 Loader) may be a better bet and ESR as alt loaders

OPL lets you run from USB HDD or over Cat5 or Crossover Cat5 the Network option will get smoother streaming (read the game data) than any USB device

USB 1.01 on the PS2 = 1.5 megabits per second (Low Bandwidth) 12 megabits per second (High Bandwidth)
    Lan on the PS2 = 100 megabits per second

I think you can hazard a guess that Lan via Cat5 or Crossover is going to be the best option (Crossover direct to a PC or Laptop might be faster than Cat5 to a network hub from the PS2 and a Cat5 from the hub to a PC and is certainly faster than wireless to a PC and a the wireless hub Cat5 to the PS2 from the same hub)

You could do the streaming from an old desktop with a 100Mbit Lan port or faster (Not all Lan ports are 100Mbit I have had some old 10Mbit Lan ports in my time) anyway once you get the desktop setup you don't need that hooked up to a display, so you could use the same TV to setup the desktop and just change the channel/source to the PS2

ESR is a mod that lets you run from pre patched DVD's direct from the PS2 DVD drive with no swapping (the patch fools the console into accepting the discs as DVD video the ESR software detects these and runs them as PS2 DVD Games, via a custom loader (It only works from DVD)) you might be able to run none patched DVD's as well through ESR but I have never tested that, to do that you would just need to run ESR.elf directly (It's just a PS2 exec file/executable file)

There is no reason you can't try ESR now I can't tell you if any TY games work with ESR myself as it has yet to be tested with ESR well with my compat list anyway, but this is an alt loader that does not require you to have any extra hardware, it can even be stored on your memcard directly rather than on a USB device

I would hazard a guess at the bios being the issue here as the hardware still has most of what the bulky model had and some extra's, they removed the use of the internal HDD/Network expansion slot and gave use a Network Lan port without the need for the expansion port, gave use a flip top instead of a disc tray, improved the PSX emulation, added an infer red light for some of the accesories for the PS2 but overall the machine is the same machine as the bulky model asides from the new bios chip, it's just sad they did not make sure all the games worked on the PS2 side of things, that said I don't think any of the custom loaders can fix this issue, but only one real way to find out though is just to try it
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-August-2013 at 11:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Heya again Zorlon,

I did the tests with lan using an old dell 120L laptop, and it's impressive how fast is the game loading.

Thanks again, for this tip.

About Ty 3, don't worry, that game won't will run on the "ps2 slim" anyway (and it includes the esr patch).