Thread: pcsx2 how to play lan on one pc

Thanks

Default pcsx2 how to play lan on one pc

hello guys can i play lan games same spy vs spy or monster hunter on one pc ? ?

Thanks
    EP Points

No.

Thanks

why ?! plz help me

Thanks
    EP Points

How do you expect to play a lan game on one computer? The whole point of it is to connect to another machine. Not to mention netplay for PCSX2 is spotty at best last I heard.

Thanks

I can see the game I created with two pcsx2 opened but can't connect or enter the game. I think if it was impossible I would be able to even create a game and see it on the LAN screen.

Thanks
    EP Points

I did think of that but if you have a pc capable of running 2 pcsx2 you must have one of the most powerful pcs ever built That being said you'd probably have the cash just to get a couple of actual PS2's

You may want to google search and see if anyone has ever come up with a workaround for doing this if you have the processing power to do so. Doubt it but it's worth a look and I'm reasonably sure no one here has ever done it.

Alternatively if you're having friends over to play or something have them bring their pc or laptop over and do it over 2 machines.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The fact that you can get as far as the create game stage does not mean it is possible, it just means that the software (the game itself) can create a game/session before it requires/looks for a Lan/Online connection

You can do that on a real console even if you do not have a Broadband or Lan, but it will just report back could not connect or it will be constantly looking/just not let you continue.

There are no LAN Options in PCSX2 that I am aware of

There is a Dev9 plugin that connects to the Sony servers though this is experimental but be aware that most of sony's PS2 game servers are no longer with us

http://pcsx2.net/download/viewcategory/9-plugins.html you will find a plugin called DEV9giga-razi this is the one that lets you connect to sony's servers

EDIT:- There is a LAN DEV9 driver but from what I have read this may not work in the latest version of pcsx2, it was last working in version 0.9.7, it was broken in the next version 0.9.8, crashing that version of pcsx2

Dev9 GiGaHeRz's DEV9 Driver 0.3.0 is the name of the driver though no idea where you can get that from and no idea how you would go and set that up to work on a single machine :/
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-July-2013 at 20:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Looks like it is possible to LAN it up between 2 machines but probably a bit complicated for this guy....

I found this while checking around.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2...ed-Metal-Black

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah the driver used stopped working in version 0.9.8, last working in 0.9.7.

This is the reason I did not spot it right away

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-To-Play-Online-Guide is the online guide if that is of interest
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-July-2013 at 20:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR