Thread: PS2: List Of Games That Can Be Disc Swapped?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PS2: List Of Games That Can Be Disc Swapped?

Can someone provide me with a link? Last thread I'll create, I promise.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I thought I already gave you a link via PM?

Oh well, here it is again:
    http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/swap.php

AUF (original, not platinum/greatest hits) works, others may or may not

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I thought I already gave you a link via PM?

Oh well, here it is again:
    http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/swap.php

AUF (original, not platinum/greatest hits) works, others may or may not
    I asked again, because I swear there's an alternative to 007 games...

007 games aren't available within my region, not for about a few hundred miles (gamestop isn't very populous. Only two gamestops around, both of which don't have 007 games).

It says that Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater was supposed to work, tried it, it didn't work.

Ratchet Deadlocked was supposed to work, but it couldn't fit on my DVD+RW disks, was double the size of the disk, actually.

I don't want to buy other games, as it's a gamble, unless I can get someone to CONFIRM they work. I got ripped off online way too many times, not buying online (don't even suggest it, not doing it either way).

I've spent about 50 bucks (and 50 bucks is a lot, where I come from, can't find a job, quite yet), and I've been pushing my relatives (Don't judge me, I'm older than you think) an awful lot.

Can only buy one more PS2 game, and I want to make it worthwhile.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Get AUF off ebay then.
    It's the only one that's guaranteed to work.

And don't use rewriteable discs.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

DVD+RW discs will not work

DVD-RW discs will also not work
    Not all PS2's can read DVD+R at all and not all DVD-R's are worth using some will not read in any PS2, DVD-R quality ranges from very to very good and plenty between

No DVD brand can be trusted as each has that quality range, if your PS2 can indeed read DVD+R though the quality ranges goes from good to very good

Instead of buying a game though just buy Swap Magic 3

If you are going to buy anything buy something that works out the box save up if needs be, if you have limited resources learn to save.

Swap Magic comes new at apx $20 that has the CD and DVD

I noticed that some even just sell the CD version for $10 and less

http://www.swapmagic3.com/superufopr...tent.asp?id=13 check them out yourself

You miss out on far too much not buying online, stay clear of ebay if that's how you got ripped off or if you do buy from them always check and see what kind of rating the seller has and read the feed back, not everyone is out to rip people off, but you do need to take responsibility for your own actions buying off of new sellers with no feedback and buying off sellers with bad feedback you can't expect to get a good deal.

Just make sure you read up and ask the seller questions first before you buy, not everyone online is out to get you.

For blank media look at http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia/ for a reference guide to what is good quality and what is bad, this is a strong recommendation as DVD-R's are of various quality and some will not read at all or poorly on a PS2, DVD+R again only works with some versions of the PS2 (later versions)

Also be aware that FreeBootMC will not work on the last model of the PS2 the version that is glossy for half of the console, the slim before that only has a sinlge slim stripe that is glossy

FreeBootMC plus ESR lets you boot DVD games directly without any swaps, the games must be first patched before burning though
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-July-2013 at 10:07.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR