Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Xbox 1.6 HD (High Def) Scrambled display issues [Work around]

Some games on the Xbox version 1.6x will be scrambled with most dash boards when using High Def displays

To fix this just disable 480p the games will then be unscrambled but is displayed in 480i

Another option is to use Complex tools to launch these games with 480p enabled this will also unscramble the image and displays in 480p

The only issue with the second option is that it will not work with all games will unscramble that way

I was going to list the issue games but I switched xbox's so now I am using a 1.2/1.3 xbox I just unlocked my HDD with the eeprom from my 1.6 xbox and re-locked it with the eeprom from the 1.2/1.3 xbox (when I ID'ed what version I had it outputted 1.2/1.3 so I don't know the exact version and not interested enough to recheck with an alt method )

[I also kept the DVD drive from my 1.6 as the 1.2/1.3 drive was sticky as in it didn't want to eject, but that's a common issue]

NOTES

There is a list online that says use evox to launch through but the games he lists and info is all messed up and inaccurate, there are games in his scrambled list that just work on a 1.6, or would just show a dirty disc error that can be fixed and his not working list has games that do work on a 1.6 (maybe all the games work in his none working list, but I have yet to go through all the ones he listed so can't verify that, the ones I did test though all worked), perhaps he just had a bunch of none working disc images, I don't know but the info is not valid, he does say he messed the testing up though.

The evox idea is a good one though as you can use it like a shortcut by editing the ini so only a single game is shown and should work the same as Complex tools does again not every scrambled game will be un-scrambled with this work around (I have not tested the evox method myself though but from a single game he tested I did get the same results and the only way for that game to work is with 480p disabled).
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-June-2014 at 14:59.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm just posting this here for others to know, i'm not taking any credit...originaly posted on TiZ by zinhorockman:
    Tested and works on my 1.6b softmoded. As for Jet Set Radio Future i heard the combo DVD with SEGA GT 2002 has a loader.xbe that fixed the problem. Currently leeching the torrent but is slow as @?#%.
    Enjoy!

"I found the solution to the problem of Panzer Dragoon Orta not showing in 480p on 1.6 Xbox!
    Its very simple, if you have a softmodded xbox, just use the file explorer and run PD1.xbe from the Panzer Dragoon Orta folder. By doing this you will enter the Panzer Dragoon 1 with scrambled screen, but just press up one time in the digital or analog stick and press the A button to exit the Panzer Dragoon 1 and return to Panzer Dragoon Orta, but now displaying perfectly at 480p! You can do this for Gun Valkyrie too, just copy the Panzer Dragoon 1 content inside the Gun Valkyrie folder and do the same, when you exit from Panzer Dragoon 1 it will load Gun Valkyrie in 480p just fine! I discover this yesterday and since then i'm playing both in 480p on my 1.6 Xbox! Today i will test this trick on other games like Wreckless 1, if i have sucess, i will update this topic later. Like before, sorry for my english, if anyone has questions, I'll try to answer as best as I can.

Edit: I tested on Wreckless now and works too! Panzer Dragoon 1 port is the best thing that happened for Xbox 1.6 owners! The only draw back is that for non softmodded Xbox this only works for Panzer Dragoon Orta, for other games, only softmodded Xbox...

Well, for non softmodded you must enter Panzer Dragoon 1 from Pandora's Box, if you can't get in "blinded" just do this: ON THE OPENING SCREEN PRESS START ONE TIME, THEN IN THE MENU SCREEN, THE 1ST OPTION IS NEW GAME AND THE 2ND IS CONTINUE (THIS OPTION IS HIGHLIGHTED ONLY IF YOU SELECT "SAVE AND END GAME" FROM THE PAUSE MENU, YOU MUST REMEMBER IF YOU USED THIS), PANDORA'S BOX IS THE 3RD OPTION, SO YOU PRESS [DOWN] ONE OR TWO TIMES (DEPENDING IF YOU HAVE SAVED THE GAME) THEN PRESS [A], YOU WILL BE ON "PANDORA'S BOX", NOW PRESS [RIGHT] TWO TIMES THEN PRESS [A], THIS TIME YOU WILL BE ON "APPENDIX", JUST PRESS [A], THEN [LEFT] AND [A] AGAIN. If you do it right, you will see the message from the opening of Panzer Dragoon 1 and you just have to exit from it and play Panzer Dragoon Orta the way it should be! I will be uploading videos tomorrow and put the links here."

Source: forum we don't link up here

I remember testing metal slug 3 on my 1.6 xbox and it does not work in 480p even after patching.
    Haven't tried loading it thru Complex Tools, EvoX or AVA. Will try tho and report back.

EDIT:-

Ok, just tried the bundle dvd (sega gt 2002 & jet set radio future) and these are my findings regarding JSRF:

If i try to boot the game using its xbe, i get a scrambled display , but if i use the default.xbe which is actually an XDemos loader used by MS on various demo DVDs (or so i heard) it boots in crisp 480p.
    EvoX build 3921 also boots the game in 480p no matter what version (bundle dvd or standalone)

EDIT1: Arctic Thunder works thru EvoX (builds 3921 or 3935) or MXM Menu.

EDIT2: got GUNVALKYRIE & Panzer Dragoon 1 to boot in crisp 480p by using EvoX build 3921 and setting the region to auto or ntsc (or else garbled mess) and no it won't work on build 3935, don't know why, guess the evox guys messed something between builds. All other methods using different MenuX (MXM, CDX) variants failed.

EDIT3: Metal Slug 3 boots in 480p (after using the patch, thanks Zorlon) thru EvoX build 3921

EDIT4: Panzer Dragoon ORTA & Jet Set Radio Future (standalone) in 480p thru EvoX 3921
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-March-2014 at 10:06. Reason: removed link