Thread: Xbox Problem Burning

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Xbox Problem Burning

I have problem with original xbox burning
    every game I burn on slowest speed as possible for me 4x
    is not working only checking and reading and after that unknown disc
    but when I burn on 8x is working reading name of a game I click launch dvd and working but is lagging
    why when I burn on slowest speed is not working but when I burn on 8x is working (but lagging) ?
    please help my anyone

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What are you burning to?

DVD Recoradables discs vary drastically in quality

To be honest I will not play anything from DVD and just play directly from the internal HDD, then again I did replace mine with a 750GB drive to cater for this at the stock HDD is only apx 8GB if I remember

Some DVD-R's will just fail while others will lag and some will be perfect if the drive reading them is still working well

Most DVD+R's will just work great but not all drives can read them, so even though DVD+R is higher quality in general if the drive does not support +R no DVD+R will work

For DVD media look at http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia to figure out is good to buy

It is unfortionate that you can't just go by brand as every brand has good quality and bad quality variants

Verbatim media is often recommended (I use them myself) but even those have DVD's that will not work on console DVD-5 Verbatim List as you will see some of those have mixed or poor results in general and mixed with console compat, mixed = some have gotten those working while others have not, for consoles it may depend on the console reading the discs
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-July-2013 at 22:28.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

and on internal hdd is working all games

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well not all do but there are ways to fix that with the few that have issues

A very very very small amount of games have the long file name issue i.e. file names used on DVD that are too long for the FatX format xbox HDD's use

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

hi,i live in uk and buy memorex dvd+r from my local wilkinson.£1.70 for 10 discs.
    i have never had a problem with these discs.just make sure when burning with nero
    always choose udf and activate xbox compatability.
    i softmodded about 10 xbox's and these discs work on all of them.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ImgBurn is all you need for console game burning, as a huge bonus it's totally free, no need for silly setting as default will work with everything, just the burning speed to lower.

The only extra recommended setting would be over burning (that only takes effect if the disc image is bigger than a normal sized CD) used for Dreamcast CD's mostly and an extra driver that is also needed for Dreamcast burning, otherwise defaults work with everything, even if you messed on with the settings there is an option to restore defaults.

P.S. the brand of the DVD media is not something you can go by as every brand has good and poor quality media, then again +R in general as higher quality than -R so going +R you do have a higher chance of it working on x console, if that console has +R support, early DVD consoles don't support +R due to the fact that +R was made afterwards and DVD reader made before the +R media can not read +R media

I tend to point out video help as they also include extra info not just brand names and media type to help identify what you are buying, because on mass testing will give various results due to the fact the every brand, even a specific type of disc e.g. DVD-R DVD5 sized has lots of different quality media even if the type and brand are the same.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]