Thread: [REQ] Mortal Kombat Gold v1.006 (1999)(Midway)(NTSC)(US)[!][6S T-9701NGD] CDI

Thanks
    EP Points

Default [REQ] Mortal Kombat Gold v1.006 (1999)(Midway)(NTSC)(US)[!][6S T-9701NGD] CDI

zorlon could you do a cdi rip of mk gold red disc please. this dump: http://dumpcast.dcemulation.org/foru...pic.php?t=1305

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I will have a look at it for you

I do have the GDI image anyway

P.S. do you know the difference between this and the 1.001 version?
    P.P.S. does team play through show 2 to 5 FMV endings or none?? (kind of in hope only Tounament and Arcade show FMV endings?, Bio's are unlockable I asume, I know there are cheats aswell)

How does a 2x 99min CDI rip sound?? see spoiler for my notes I have made today

A single disc even on 99min medias would require heavy down-sampling, I can do that though if it's wanted

At the moment i am working on other things so this would come between projects so not sure when I will get it done, I will not leave it too long though

Spoiler warning:
    including the normal CDDA this hits apx 957 MB

a 99min disc holds apx 870 MB give about 21 MB for the booting system gives you apx 849MB to work with

Down-sampling is a must, I may get away with just doing the sound in the SFD movies though, still taking this down by 90MB will be hard to do

I could split this on to two discs maybe, but I wouldn't be so keen on doing that with this type of game, though if the FMV is an ending for each character that wouldn't be so bad, not played this game so I wouldn't know what is in all the FMV's

EDIT actually I may split it, the FMV's are mostly Bio's and Endings
    22 Bio FMV's
    21 End FMV's

Whatever GO is short for is missing from the End FMV's

ect ect file names

MVENDBA.SFD
    MVBIOBA.SFD

MVBIOGO.SFD does not have a MVENDGO.SFD, I presume from a NPC like a boss maybe

11 characters per disc should work with 80min discs (I would need to check that though) 1 disc would have 11 Bio and 10 End FMV's the other 11 Bio and 11 End FMV's

Total size of INTRO+BIO+END FMV = 540 MB of the grand total 957 MB

The above split option would give the best quality if it works that is

EDIT make that 12 on each disc 10 normals fighters bio's/end plus 2 special bio's intro & secret end

I am just taking notes for now

LAST EDIT....

960 - FMV = 420
    420 + 316 CD 1 = 736 = fit 99min CD (would includes first 10 fighters (Bio/end) Intro + 2 hidden Bio's + Secret end) [would be bigger after I dummy the missing vids]
    420 + 280 CD 2 = 700 = fit 99min CD (would includes last 10 fighters (Bio/end) Intro + 2 hidden Bio's + Secret end) [would be bigger after I dummy the missing vids]
    On 2 CD's this is still too big for 80min CD-R's (CD 2 is close but to give room for the self boot system it is normally a 679 MB limit a loss of 21 MB)

I don't want to make a 3CD rip for this game, it worked fine for Grandia II because of the nature of the game, with that the save/swap points are indicated in-game
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-June-2013 at 22:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR