Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sony are C**** and I demand retribution

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

Default Sony are C**** and I demand retribution

So, Uncharted 3 became available for free via the European PSN as some point in the recent past. What follows is my experience downloading the game.

"Uncharted 3 single player" Clicked download, proceeded to download 11GB of something called 3D movies. "kaaaay" I thought, and allowed it to download.

When that was finished, I had 11GB of install data but no game. My friend asks if maybe I need to install the multiplayer, so I went and did that, however, at no point did Sony make any effort on any related page to let me, the gamer, know that I would be required to do this. So, this is the first instance where Sony has been a cunt today.

After downloading the multiplayer, I started it up. Proceeded to highlight the single player, and was then told I needed to download the single player before being able to play it. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I would have thought downloading something claiming to be the single player would in fact download the single player. This makes Sony a cunt for the second time today. Regardless, I downloaded the single player.

*12GB later...*

I install and start up the multiplayer once again. This time I'm told I needed to install 2D movies. FUCKING WHY?!? Seriously, I don't know what these movies are, but if they turn out to be cut scenes then Naughty Dog are not the developer I once believed them to be, never before have a had an experience where the game has to be downloaded in chunks, but that's not what I'm here to complain about, this is about Sony's complete lack of regard for the gamer. How is anyone to know the procedure involved in playing that game? I've been told online that the 3 packs should download together when I attempt to download the single player, but I have tested it again on a friends console and can confirm tat it 100% does not.

Sony are cunts.

P.S Anyone know who I can complain to? Or at least how I can ruin someone's day over this?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/an...2/~/contact-us

Good ole Sony. RAPE THEM GOOD STEVE.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by CL4P-TP View Post
    So, Uncharted 3 became available for free......
    Yeah, I was going to download it and get rid of my disc copy, then I saw that the file was 40 gigs. Granted, you could get by with not downloading extra language packs and whatnot, but that's just too much of a mess to deal with. I applaud their effort, shelling out another triple A game for free (although methinks most people with a PS3 already bought this anyway), but this isn't exactly their most tactful performance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

As far as I know you only need to download 24GB to play the single player campaign. The 3D pack isn't necessary if you aren't going to play it on a 3D TV.

What you described there happened also in the Spanish Store but they fixed it a week ago or so. The 3 files are added to the queue together and you can cancel the 3D pack if you don't need it.

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    As far as I know you only need to download 24GB to play the single player campaign. The 3D pack isn't necessary if you aren't going to play it on a 3D TV.

What you described there happened also in the Spanish Store but they fixed it a week ago or so. The 3 files are added to the queue together and you can cancel the 3D pack if you don't need it.
    The only thing that is downloaded when you click to download here is the 3D pack, I find it all hilarious and yet maddening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/an...2/~/contact-us

Good ole Sony. RAPE THEM GOOD STEVE.
    It probably wont even be read, but I'm gonna make myself a pain in the ass regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Yeah, I was going to download it and get rid of my disc copy, then I saw that the file was 40 gigs. Granted, you could get by with not downloading extra language packs and whatnot, but that's just too much of a mess to deal with. I applaud their effort, shelling out another triple A game for free (although methinks most people with a PS3 already bought this anyway), but this isn't exactly their most tactful performance.

I'm not sure how I went all this time without playing it, but alas I have. You are right though, fair fucks for making it free, but the execution leaves a bit to be desired.
    Last edited by Pickles; 24th-June-2013 at 19:52.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post

I'll take another look at it and see if they've cleaned this up a bit. Thanks for the heads up.

What's strange about the US pack is that it's Single Player only.... they made it a point to slap "Single Player Only" all over the ad on the PSN page. Oh, well, I never played the MP anyway.

You know, Last of Us pulled something kind of like this too - I downloaded it, and all I got was a Soundtrack, Themes, Digital Manual and then a small 100 meg file titled "the Last of Us". I click on it, and then the game finally starts to download, but it does it on a separate splash screen so your PS3 becomes "bricked" until you stop the download or it's finished. Kinda sucked there's no background DL of the game, cause it's a fairly big one too.

The only cool thing was that after the game is about 65% downloaded you can actually start playing it, and it will DL in the background while you play.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What's strange about the US pack is that it's Single Player only.... they made it a point to slap "Single Player Only" all over the ad on the PSN page. Oh, well, I never played the MP anyway.
    The MP has been free for everybody for a while now.

It's probably some legal thing when some guy is all "HEY, I CAN'T USE THE MP" or something. Plus it saves like 10 GB off an already bloated as hell install.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    The MP has been free for everybody for a while now.

It's probably some legal thing when some guy is all "HEY, I CAN'T USE THE MP" or something. Plus it saves like 10 GB off an already bloated as hell install.
    I didn't know the MP was free - shows how much I pay attention. Then again, I haven't played UC3 since it came out, so it's no wonder I didn't notice.....

Thanks though!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I didn't know the MP was free - shows how much I pay attention. Then again, I haven't played UC3 since it came out, so it's no wonder I didn't notice.....

Thanks though!
    MP is only free for PS+ that I got myself and never bothered with, still not even played the main game even though I have that on disc and already added the single player to my buy list (well the free PS+ version anyway)

Though that version of the MP is playable without the full game, so there may be another MP version I have not seen because I have not looked for one

Just another game that I have anyway going for free lol

If you are interested in the MP game then go get it now while it is still free if it is still free on PS+, these do go and get replaced with new PS+ free games and content
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-June-2013 at 22:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    MP is only free for PS+ that I got myself and never bothered with, still not even played the main game even though I have that on disc and already added the single player to my buy list (well the free PS+ version anyway)

Though that version of the MP is playable without the full game, so there may be another MP version I have not seen because I have not looked for one

If you are interested in the MP game then go get it now while it is still free if it is still free on PS+, these do go and get replaced with new PS+ free games and content
    You know, I think I'll just hang on to my disc version of the game - I doubt it's worth much anyway as a trade in. Thanks for all the info though!

Thanks
    EP Points

47iscool, your posts here were reported as off topic and deleted. Stop posting pics that have nothing to do with this thread, please.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post

Huh? I somehow got the MP for UC3 but I don't have ps+

Rewardsgaming.net

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I also stated it's a stand alone rather than an add-on (it can be fully played without the need of the single player game or disc) but if that is free for anyone then great
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-June-2013 at 12:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by CL4P-TP View Post
    So, Uncharted 3 became available for free via the European PSN as some point in the recent past...

...P.S Anyone know who I can complain to? Or at least how I can ruin someone's day over this?
    Complaining over a free AAA title, so brave.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Complaining over a free AAA title, so brave.
    He isn't complaining over the quality of the game or it being made free but over the confusing way they did it..