Thread: Problem with Naruto Shippuden - Ultimate Ninja 5 (Europe)

Thanks

Okay i don't no where to start with this....... well i recently downloaded "Naruto Shippuden - Ultimate Ninja 5 (Europe)" so i burn it use my swap magic to play it and let just say i was not to happy what happen next i chose pal option to play the game and the screen turn black and white and it play slow i try to play it in ntsc option and the screen get very huge and i can't see much of the options and the game play. The game look very fun to play but with the problem i am having it very difficult to play the game does anyone no how to fix this problem i really want to play this game.

Okay i think i should rephrase my question i want to no how to play pal ps2 games on a ntsc ps2 i heard i can convert pal to ntsc or i can patch it what i would like to no what is the best way ????
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-June-2013 at 21:26.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Get a multi regional TV and the problem goes away

I do not recommend patch or forcing NTSC on PAL games or vice versa this can cause problems making the game go out of sync in some cases it will make the game freeze totally making it impossible to play

If you can get an RGB scart this will also resolve the PAL in B/W issue and give a better image than A/V does

There are patch progs though as well that can force NTSC on PAL games and there is a Y-fix (Y-fixes are for centering the image)
    http://sksapps.com/index.php?page=ypatch.html

Some PAL games do come with a 60Hz option that will display fine for you, they will boot in B/W but once you hit the 60Hz option it will display correctly, much like ICO PAL DVD does, do not force those to NTSC either boot em in PAL mode and just change to 60Hz via the option that is usually shown long before the game goes into game play, most the time before a main menu is even shown
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-June-2013 at 21:37.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Get a multi regional TV and the problem goes away

I do not recommend patch or forcing NTSC on PAL games or vice versa this can cause problems making the game go out of sync in some cases it will make the game freeze totally making it impossible to play

If you can get an RGB scart this will also resolve the PAL in B/W issue and give a better image than A/V does

There are patch progs though as well that can force NTSC on PAL games and there is a Y-fix (Y-fixes are for centering the image)
    http://sksapps.com/index.php?page=ypatch.html

Some PAL games do come with a 60Hz option that will display fine for you, they will boot in B/W but once you hit the 60Hz option it will display correctly, much like ICO PAL DVD does, do not force those to NTSC either boot em in PAL mode and just change to 60Hz via the option that is usually shown long before the game goes into game play, most the time before a main menu is even shown
    Hmmmm i am glade i rephrase my question..... okay now where in god name can i get a multi regional TV ????? only thing i have is a flat screen tv and what about the 60hz option where can i find that option ?????

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Most modern TV's are multi regional you must be using an older set

The 60Hz options are only in some games and you would see that before the games gets to a main menu

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Most modern TV's are multi regional you must be using an older set

The 60Hz options are only in some games and you would see that before the games gets to a main menu
    Hmmmm i see.... well i did some research all night long and i might have fond a solution, i can't afford a new tv but what about a all region free dvd player would that work ?????

Okay scratch that, i don't that would work what about a Com World CMD-HDX44 Professional Quality PAL to NTSC Video Converter i read some info on it and it might be what the doctor order (i think )
    Last edited by adam4landry; 27th-June-2013 at 15:09.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

sounds like that should work yeah

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

sounds like that should work yeah
    It sure look like it this is it spec of it :
    Convert PAL Signal to NTSC Signal. Use with your NTSC HDTV.
    Connections:
    RCA (composite) or S-Video (SVHS)
    HDMI Output (NTSC)
    You will not notice any video degradation after conversion!
    Specially designed to work with any Hi Definition source like Satellite Receivers, cables boxes, Wii, XBOX, XBOX360, PS3, PS2, DVD players, DVD recorders, Digital HDV Camcorders, etc...
    Our Video Converter delivers crystal clear converted pictures, exceptional super-stable synchronism and superior color separation.
    Up-Conversion to 1080p of your analog signals!!

Here some good info for you.... there might be a virus on the Y-fix program i thing my mcafee got rid off it (i hope to god it did )
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-June-2013 at 19:42.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's not a virus but any program that patches by searching a file and then auto alters file will be detected as a virus

Something I had not thought to tell you, most know this anyway though.

Then again I advised against patching from PAL to NTSC and vice versa though for other reasons

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

It's not a virus but any program that patches by searching a file and then auto alters file will be detected as a virus

Something I had not thought to tell you, most know this anyway though.

Then again I advised against patching from PAL to NTSC and vice versa though for other reasons
    Well i extract it and place it in my usb stick that when my mcafee said it was a "trojan virus" i did not wanted to repeat what happen to my last computer so i hope and pray my new one did not catch anything

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It has not from the patcher

But after having a nasty virus previously I can't blame you for being causious

trojan virus's search through files and alter them when ran, patchers. that search through files for certain numbers/hex code and alter them when ran so are often mistakenly identified as a virus but understandably so, the only real difference is that patchers are controlled directly by you, as in you tell it what file to search through and patch a true trojan will often be hidden inside of another file so you do not realise you are executing the thing and will patch system files when it has been ran

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

It has not from the patcher

But after having a nasty virus previously I can't blame you for being causious

trojan virus's search through files and alter them when ran, patchers. that search through files for certain numbers/hex code and alter them when ran so are often mistakenly identified as a virus but understandably so, the only real difference is that patchers are controlled directly by you, as in you tell it what file to search through and patch a true trojan will often be hidden inside of another file so you do not realise you are executing the thing and will patch system files when it has been ran
    Well being causious is never a bad thing.

I delete that patcher program because i am not taking any chances, i wanted to try that program to play the ultimate ninja 5 in ntsc but after i saw that trojan word from my mcafee i won't try and press my luck after what happen to my last computer , so i will ask my brother in law to order me that video decoder i hope he can get me that.