Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wii Emulator

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah guess your best bet is to get the wiimote and a sensor bar/bluetooth dongle or the 360 wired controller (which you could probably find for 10-15 bucks) Keyboard would work with the proper setting up but it looks like it would be almost impossible to get through some sections of the game from what I've read so far. In the meantime there are other games..

Thanks

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh T_T *bang head on floor*

I don't wanna spend my bday money on July 2nd just to get this stuff T_T I only wanna play the one Wii game (I still have some of my original Wii games but I am a collector of certain series so those will never go anywhere)
    Last edited by deadlegion; 19th-June-2013 at 23:08. Reason: merged posts
    I am a old forum member whose account got lost in the database crash used to be a level 8 user here now I am a 0 :'( miss those old days.

Thanks
    EP Points

Gotta do what you gotta do. A 360 controller isn't exactly expensive which is the best bet.

And watch the double posting - hit the edit button.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Darkcaptain3 please stop double posting, just use edit post instead it's on the lower right of every post you make

P.s. what controllers do you have out of interest

PSX/PS2 to USB come rather cheaply

For Wii Motes you do need the Wii Mote itself the nunchuck thingy controller and blue tooth as well as the censor bar

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

doesn't my computer have blue tooth I though. An sorry about double posting its a bad habit Ive always had on some forums. I haven't used emulators in a while due to not having a pc for the longest amount of time and only having netbooks (laptops with no cd drives) and laptops that weren't made for gaming. I have a xbox 360 wireless controller have 2 of those with the charge cables that basically turn them into corded controllers when their done charging. I have a super Nintendo controller, PS2 controller, and I am missing my Gamecube controller as I think now I may have sold it along with the extra GameCubes I got from the Salvation Army for free that didn't come with controllers. If I still had that other usb controller that was made for pc gaming (it be the kindof controllers I'd want for things like this) its hidden somewhere as I went through all my boxes of stuff today and could not find it. Oh and I have the Wiimotion Plus but not the controller. I sold my Wii to my colleges RPG club as I needed the money and I got more from them than I would've if I traded it in but that meant I had to sell the controller too. I never told them I had the Wiimotion plus part that came with my Wii Sports Resort nor did I give them any wii games at all though I did sell the ones that were not series I was collecting such as the Sports, Mario and such.

I am trying to play Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword and that apparently required the WiiMotion Plus according to the sites post though.
    I am a old forum member whose account got lost in the database crash used to be a level 8 user here now I am a 0 :'( miss those old days.

Thanks
    EP Points

I didn't see any mention of any bluetooth devices in your DX report unless I missed something but yeah there is a way to get your 360 controller to connect through that via a modded driver package but I can't for the life of me remember where. You could just google that though - if you have it that is. And no the usb cord for the 360 controller WILL NOT do anything else but charge it. If it did you of course wouldn't need to bother with bluetooth anyways. But you'd still have to setup the wiimotion plus controls for it either way per the threads I listed on the Dolphin site.

We seem to just be running around in circles now.

Edit: Oh you mentioned a PS2 controller and like Zorlon said you could use that. You'd just need a usb adapter for it and they're like 5 bucks. Or maybe you could borrow a controller from a friend for a bit??
    Last edited by Zaladane; 19th-June-2013 at 22:48.

Thanks

Okay well thanks for the help your very helpful as always Zaladane. ^.^

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A wired 360 controller will work with no drivers but it may have issues with the 2 analog triggers and no rumble (I forget what the driver set is as well that fixes that)
    A PS2/PSX controller via a USB converter will also work without drivers with no issues but no rumble, the last couple of PS2 to USB converters I got only cost £2 apx, they were listed under PS2 to PS3 converters that are just USB converters work both on a PC and the PS3

There are plenty of to USB converters out there but the cheapest are the PSX/PS2 ones though as to USB converters can end up costing a bit when you are looking at retro ones that are harder to find

a PS3 controller could also be used but those are far from cheap

Most comps do not have blue tooth it's a kind of redundant for computers i.e. not much need for it, but you can get those really cheaply, I got one for a £1 from a local pound shop, you do not need to spend a lot for blue tooth, it's old tech that is hardly used by much now, not much related to PC anyway

Blue Tooth for wireless 360 pads... I'm sure that does not work unless something new has been done but last I looked you required there own USB dongle thing that let you hook 4 wireless pads to a PC at once but they are not standard blue tooth and not all the cheap either.

I have rumble drivers uploaded here I'm sure if not I can upload them easy enough they are not specific to PS2/PSX controllers though these work with any rumble supported pad

As this is emulation a motion plus is not a requirement, you can tell the emulator you are using anything Wii or Wii Motion plus even if you are really using a mouse and keyboard, but it would be required if you are playing on the real console

My self I kept my Wii but it is soft modded to play games via a USB HDD, runs perfect with no fuss and I got my gold Wii Motion Plus with my copy of Skyward Sword that is in mint condition as it has never entered my Wii and just put a downloaded copy on to my HDD, though I could of installed that to the HDD directly as well from the Wii

Could be worth picking up a Wii again at some point, they are easy enough to mod as well now (on a side note though newer models of the Wii do not have the GC support and now you can play GC games from HDD as well now), anyway that would be for another thread if that ever gets your interest.

SUM IT UP
    your best & cheapest option from what you have is the PS2 to USB converter option that will cost you very little
    The most expensive option is to get an Actual Wii Mote+censor bar+blue tooth+chucknun but is the best way
    The next expensive would be a toss between a retro USB converter for the SNES pad (but that would be lacking of buttons needed) and a USB wireless dongle that is required for wireless 360 pads (the cable as above stated is just for charging) neither item is cheap

You can try with a keyboard and mouse, it shouldn't be too bad for Zelda, not great but not terrible either, besides it would be worth a shot anyway to make sure the game is going to run ok and preferably without bugs
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-June-2013 at 12:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I actually came upon a program that claims to be able to connect a 360 controller via bluetooth however I have my suspicions about it and won't bother saying what it was - maybe I'll check it out and make sure it's safe first.

With the triggers on the pad I just used Xpadder and mapped them to a couple of keyboard keys and in turn mapped those keyboard strokes in a few emulators most notably epsxe which seemed the easiest way at the time to clear up any headaches but it's been awhile since I emulated anything really. Of course doing this in pcsx2 will preclude the chance of using the analog function of the triggers but I don't even remember if that matters with many ps2 games - or even if they had analog shoulder buttons on the official controllers anyways
    Last edited by Zaladane; 20th-June-2013 at 13:25.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    I actually came upon a program that claims to be able to connect a 360 controller via bluetooth however I have my suspicions about it and won't bother saying what it was - maybe I'll check it out and make sure it's safe first.

With the triggers on the pad I just used Xpadder and mapped them to a couple of keyboard keys and in turn mapped those keyboard strokes in a few emulators most notably epsxe which seemed the easiest way at the time to clear up any headaches. Of course doing this in pcsx2 will preclude the chance of using the analog function of the triggers but I don't even remember if that matters with many ps2 games - or even if they had analog shoulder buttons on the official controllers anyways
    Possible with a couple of racing games, but most PSX/PS2 converter do not support analog either on PC, for buttons, not sure myself if they even had analog shoulder buttons, but if they do that doesn't work with the PS3 via a PS2 to PS3 controller converter, I noticed this when trying to play Resident Evil 6, and the very very slow snow bikes that do not did not go fast with a PS2 controller, rest of the game was fine but that bit used the deep analog triggers to go fast.

Might be worth checking the blue tooth thing out sometime for 360 controllers, at the moment I am concentrated on Dreamcast stuff, not even had my PS3 on for a lil while.. except to make sure I get the latest free stuff from PSplus

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

I think the PS3 controller works with the right setup in Motionjoy for the analog stuff - I believe we went through this for someone else recently but that was just for pcsx2.

I'll try out the 360 bluetooth thing too at some point or at least check out the program I found as I don't have bluetooth myself (I think) but speaking of PS+ I've been pretty glued to those games recently so I don't know when I'll get to it. But then again I have a wired controller for that stuff anyways

Anyways I'm getting a little too off topic so I'll leave this for now.

Thanks

Do you happen to have a PS2 controller sitting around? You can buy a USB adapter for a PS2 controller for really cheap. I got one several years ago for like $11 shipped. That is another option instead of paying for a 360 controller. Also motionjoy isn't even required, and it works with most emulators. For the ones I can't set pad buttons on I use Xpadder to assign keyboard keys to pad buttons.
    Last edited by gamerdude21; 20th-June-2013 at 14:43.

Thanks

Sorry to reopen old threads but I wanted to say I went out and got online on ebay a wii with 3 wii remotes, and nunchucks along with all its cables and the sensor bar for like 46 dollars and it looks brand new. I don't have anymore money so I cannot purchase Zelda Skyward Sword what are my options now??
    Last edited by Darkcaptain3; 18th-July-2013 at 23:53.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Soft mod the Wii and play via a USB HDD, this is the wrong forum though for that sort of help

http://www.epforums.org/forumdisplay...ntendo-systems is the correct section

ModMii is the only method worth using (do not try and follow guides though most will be out of date but ModMii auto updates and downloads everything you need for the basic softmod for you and no extra un-needed files that may not apply to your mod setup or version of Wii)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

If I were to do what you suggest would I be able to take the wii online ever again? Though its unlikely I would im not good with modding a console unlike games.
    Last edited by Darkcaptain3; 19th-July-2013 at 14:18.