Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Did I say you had to use a floppy, but you just do things your own way

besides your laptop does not need to be able to read a floppy disc at all.

There are plenty of ways to get files from one machine to another even if one machine has a floppy drive and the other does not.

You have yourself a crossover cable remember it's not just consoles you can ftp to from you know, you can even use a simple share folder over a crossover and drag n drop the file.

I'm not so certain you have a working xbox at all though anyway, never seen or heard of an xbox have the error screen without a number.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-July-2013 at 13:13.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Just have to wait a while to check and see bills put this project on hold for a few months along with other things So I just got a cheap garage sale priced xbox replacement. This time I wrote down your tut, changed my ftp ethernet v4 settings, and will not go anywhere near the hdd settings options. And I have good youtube eyes even with the light glare on the screen I saw no number in the top left of the screen in the eeprom tutorial so I'm sure the xbox still works. The way things at my job are going it might be a while before I can order the reader and pay bills and land lord/parents.

Quick question right off the top of my head if I get the eeprom reader and usb cable and make the eeprom.bin file for xbhmd can I use the c and e drives from my good xbox to fix the one I messed? It is softmodded with unleashx. I've been reading around the net apparently the no number error is error 7 non working hdd found in a post asked in 07 its no number cause its an v1.0 I just have to fix it with the eeprom.
    Last edited by soratron; 26th-July-2013 at 08:23.
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Okay... Zorlon I admit you were right about me just pffting my hdd I can't even format it in my ps2 with either free mcboot or hdloader. So long question short if I get the eeprom and a new hdd can I use xbox hdd maker with the softmodded c and e files from good xbox when I create the new fatx hdd or em I just wasting my time?

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

xboxhdm will set up your HDD and format it for you. I'd try your old HDD before getting a new one.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks I asked because I was thinking of getting another one of the samsung hdd I got for my ps2 from geeks, and could my problem with xboxhdm not loading on my system be because I was using an rw disc instead of -r that why it kept backing out or is it having a fit about the monitor an old crt that didn't come withe pc, if that's the prob will my emerson lcd vga tv work? Oh and the reason I can't reformat is it because I locked it with hdm?
    Last edited by soratron; 30th-July-2013 at 12:17.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can copy one HDD to another but yeah do what Jackhammer said, make sure you have a working machine first recover the eeprom and fix the original HDD then you can clone it or whatever you want to do with it after.

Just get that eeprom first you can still use the old HDD you can lock and unlock it with hdm and do what you like with the HDD, but before you format it make sure you recover the eeprom

you can back it up to another HDD if you wanted

Unlock the HDD Recover the eeprom via the browser, all through xboxhdm.

Once you have the eeprom make that xboxhdm CD again with the eeprom

P.S. I am very very busy at the moment with a couple of xbox projects of my own at the moment, taking notes on what each game uses in HD (High Def) and taking notes of issues caused from running from HDD and how to fix them, I will release fixes once everything is done....

At the same time I am posting on here

At the same time I am modding Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 for the xbox, or rather fixing parts of my old mod as well as adding new content

Yeah that's kinda busy
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-July-2013 at 14:41.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Oh neat I've been trying out a few on my lcd tv looks like ultimate spider-man where you fight green goblin [I think] one building made of glass windows flickers. I'll buy the eeprom reader [did money math] what I was planning with old hdd was format it to ps2 to check and see if it's dead or still usable use xbhdm build from scratch if I can get it to work right and pop it back in xbox then later after I sell new xbox dont really need 2 buy the 400gb one that I've been using in my ps2 30001 R 50001 R since all charts show it locks and works on model v1.0's.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What I have been trying to tell you is that you shouldn't need the eeprom reader and still be able to recover it with xboxhdm

P.S. what cable do you have the xbox hooked up to your LCD with?

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

RF madcatz ps1,snes/gcn/n64, original xbox adapter. The compiste one that came with it was non working tv only buzzed then said no signal. It was only in the stage it happened nowhere else never had any of the other games do it though. [voodoo vince, halo ce, whiplash, splinter cell ''first one'', neighbors from hell, halo 2, call of cthulhu DCO the earth,malice, blinx the time sweeper, grabbed by the ghoulies, metal slug 3. But the resolution on my lcd is like my ps1's composite on crt.
    Last edited by soratron; 31st-July-2013 at 07:20.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Do you have a picture of the cable so I know what exact one you are using, showing all connections preferably

I get 480i/480p/720p & 1080i on my Plasma, depends on the game, most can only use 480p a few only support 480i (can be forced to 480p though) 720p is supported by some games but not many, even less support 1080i (from what I have tested from J to Z only 1 game so far has 1080i support, there are a few with 720p support though around 25 so far [I didn't do an exact count])

The picture is perfect, crystal clear

If you are talking about
    51zbQSNpoBL.jpg

Then no wonder you get a horrible picture and that has no HD support only SD and produces the worst display of all the cable types

RF produces the worst image of all SD cables and must be tuned in (all other composite cables, you don't tune in but change the source instead)
    S.Video composite is ok for some sets, others will produce a black and white image though (I do not recommend you bother with S.Video, Red/White sound and normally a black multi pin video end)
    A/V composite is much higher in quality than RF composite (Red White for sound and Yellow for the picture)
    RGB Scart composite even higher (a rather large black block with lots of pins, not sure if TV sets outside the UK actually support scart most the time no one knows what I am talking about if I mention scart)

The above are all Standard Def though still even when used on a HDTV

RGB Scart or Red/White/Yellow A/V Composite are the recommended Standard Def cables that produce very good quality images for SD, for older machines like the PSX Saturn and under I would stick to this PSX and Saturn in HD would not look good, these consoles are low res and producing a High Def image on low res 3D games just does not look good, both of those ran at 320x240 apx, you want at least 640x480 for HD.. Dreamcast PS2 Xbox and higher support 480

To get High Def you need a Component adapter or cable (Red/White for sound or Digital Audio and Red/Blue/Green for the picture)

VGA can be used if the machine is modded to be able to use VGA, the cable would be home made as well, that would also be High Def

HDMI is not supported by the Original Xbox, a way to do that though is to use a component to HDMI converter but that seems pointless unless you don't have component ports on your TV and only have HDMI, then it would be your only option

Official Component Adaptor "Microsoft Xbox High Definition AV Pack"
    2.jpg

Of the 3rd Party cables... Monster Cables have one the best ones
    1.jpg

Warning though most 3rd party High Def Component cables suffer from intermittent signal loss due to low quality cable, this is something that is there with all low quality component cables, so even getting the official Adapter you will still need high quality component cables to go with it

I have a feeling the problem in Spider-man is not a problem with the display cable but a problem with the actual game.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-July-2013 at 08:48.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

When I said it looked like composite I didn't mean it was bad conker looks like the youtube videos of hd 360 games from hdmi my tv is an hd lcd vga emerson flat screen with dvd player Cable/RF looks like composite that looks like component which looks like hdmi ps2 looks great only prob brightness is lower then I prefer for most games. On my old xbox the bad one is it normal for it to cause the screen to buzz when there's a lot of white on the screen or is there a prob with the video port?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No and no it's not a problem with the Video port it's a problem with the video cable and Youtube vids are lower quality than real HD output, all Youtube vids are compressed video that always has quality loss, but you must of been looking at low quality ones to think that SD is even close to HD

No composite cable looks anything like HD, not even a good quality Scart does (even Scart will get rid of white noise images), like I said RF produces the worst display you can get

Even if you switched to A/V Red White Yellow you will see a quality gain in the picture

PS2 has no HDMI port

If you actually had HD cables you would see a huge difference even from Scart, that is the best quality for SD

Though if your set is so small that you can not see a difference... if that's the case there is no point in it being HD if SD looks the same, even on a 8inch set you would see a difference (the sort of screen size a portable DVD player has) and on that I would understand more if there wasn't a huge difference because the screen is rather small

All composite hook ups = blurred images (you might not think so until you actually see it yourself) the best quality here is found with RGB Scart and secondly A/V Yellow, Red & White

Component, HDMI and VGA = super sharp image, no blur or noise at all unless it's an intended visual effect, crystal clear images

If you are happy with Composite then stick to it, but that is in no way HD and never will be HD unless you have the correct hook up, the Xbox in HD has options on the bios to support 480p 720p and 1080i, this is not possible to even see if you are hooked up with composite, not even the highest quality Scart can not enable HD
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-July-2013 at 13:04.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

0731131247.jpgGetting back on track Could you describe how to recover the eeprom from the drive, it's a little bit veg in your tutorial on installing a new drive.
    this is the only picture i got of my screen's RF output its a lot better then the camera shows.
    $(KGrHqR,!lgE-9lgw4VJBQB1tUpjiw~~60_35.JPG
    Last edited by soratron; 31st-July-2013 at 18:53.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

lol not even close to HD standards not even that good for SD standards

I may do a compare so you can see for yourself, but I don't have any time to do that at the moment

Anyone can tell you that RF is not the best display

Anyway for xboxhdm

Boot it as normal
    Tap enter at the first prompt
    At the next prompt after some loading type
    xbrowser
    Tap that enter key

the above lets you copy delete files and folders ect...

P.S. that is the same point that you normally type xboxhd, just you don't this time

can't claim to of tested that mind so you are on your own but if you can use that even just to copy from one xbox HDD to another xbox HDD it will still help you recover the eeprom, i am in the hope it will let you copy to your PC windows HDD though to save some time and effort, though from one xHDD to another xHDD might be easier for you, then just FTP it to your laptop, from the working xbrick
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-July-2013 at 20:57.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

so you mean make it save the eeprom to the tower's hdd?
    With it in the condition it's in if I had a case to usb thing would xplorer360 read it as a fatx drive?
    And I went back to the same spot in ultimate spider-man it didn't flicker I think it was a bug.
    Last edited by soratron; 31st-July-2013 at 21:30.