Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

xboxhdm can lock and unlock the HDD remember

I would try without unlocking it first and trying it as is, that is if you have not totally messed the drive up, a locked drive should still be able to read, you will not be able to write to it though in that state

I don't actually care anymore if you just ignore my advise now, I give up, you won't know unless you try.

You are the only member ever to make me want to give up and I have seen plenty of members take a lot to help.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-July-2013 at 22:04.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Sorry if I bug ya but again I need help on this is it that my pc is an old 95 that it keeps kicking me out of it, is it the monitor im using that one I asked if light guns worked on or is it because im using a cd-rw instead of cd-r?
    it keeps saying I passed an undefined mode number every time I press 1-3.
    the tower can't even detect hdd bios says primary master ide uninstalled.
    Last edited by soratron; 1st-August-2013 at 19:43.
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

the screen used will effect nothing
    rw maybe if it's not that readable the drive you are booting it from, that would explain the error when you press 1 to 3

The fact that the tower is reporting back that it can't find the primary master isn't good, so what options do you have for the Primary Master in the bios

At this point I have no idea what damage you have done to the drive with your messing but make sure the drive itself is set to master.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-August-2013 at 20:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'll get some cd-r's and check that, in the bios i changed it to user and it doesn't fill it in auto like you say it does when the tower is booting up with the norm dive it says atapi drive found keyboard found hdd found with the xbox hdd only the first two are found
    When I messed with the hdd settings it said doing this may cause your xbox to no longer function so If the hdd aint the prob do think I just flat out killed it if so what parts can I salvage besides the case?
    Last edited by soratron; 2nd-August-2013 at 09:39.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by soratron View Post
    I'll get some cd-r's and check that, in the bios i changed it to user and it doesn't fill it in auto like you say it does when the tower is booting up with the norm dive it says atapi drive found keyboard found hdd found with the xbox hdd only the first two are found
    When I messed with the hdd settings it said doing this may cause your xbox to no longer function so If the hdd aint the prob do think I just flat out killed it if so what parts can I salvage besides the case?
    Recoverable parts

The HDD is very much a problem you messed that up

The Case.
    The internal cables.
    The CD/DVD drive (If that is working it is worth keeping as lots of Xbox's had problem CD/DVD drives including my xbox that I just swapped with my 1.6 xbox CD/DVD drive [The common issue is the drive not ejecting])
    Anything else that can be removed

The entire thing is worth keeping if the board works though, but you will want a eeprom dump/dumper

If you are very very very good with soldering you can take the mem chip out of one xbox and double the mem on another (I am not good enough to do that myself)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

a new prob not with console the right trigger on my third party trans blue s controller once in a while keeps tripping when im not touching it do I have something under the trigger or is it cause it's third party cause it's real annoying when I start console only to shutdown again.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No idea. could be anything really, dirty inside, dodgy connections, wires are twisted so much there is a break that keep catching (a break can be at any point between the controller and the console port plug).

Get a new pad preferably an official one (Some things only work with official pads), or you can get a PS2/PSX to Xbox converter, I use one that takes a PS2/PSX pad and converts it to xbox gamecube & USB, though the USB conversion does not work on the converter I have (mine looks like a little xbox kinda, it even has 2 memcard ports on the thing)

It may work with old OS PC's but never got this working in Vista or Windows 7, but as I only use it with the xbox I can't say I was bothered

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

on xboxhdm I used option 4 atapwd it shows nothing it connected to the primary cable does this mean the hard drive is shot cause the pc can't read ps2 can't format it should I get a new drive and try that on cause i think that's why hdm keeps rerouting on option 1-3 no hdd is attached to the tower it sees the cd-rom and floppy-rom.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If the HDD is not detected at all I suspect you have totally killed it (well done), there is no point in trying another HDD unless you can get the eeprom

Nothing can format a locked drive anyway, unless you unlocked it.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

so only options now are get new drive eeprom reader then use xboxhdm right?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sounds about right, you will need to make a new CD of xboxhdm with the eeprom included

There are other methods of getting new HDD's working but for those you require a working console to start with, something you do not have as it's the original HDD you killed

You can make a new HDD now if you have a HDD and make it work with the other xbox you have then just unlock it, with the eeprom of the other xbox and lock it with the now broken xbox's eeprom when you can get it

i.e. clone the xbox HDD from the working xbox, unlock it with the working xbox's eeprom, then lock it with the broken xbox's eeprom (I say clone because a new HDD is not going to have the required system files)

I recently done something like that myself

My 1.2/1.3 xbox had a broken CD/DVD drive (eject was not working other wise a fully functional xbox) My 1.6 was fully working in every way except that the 1.6 versions have problem while in HD mode with a few games that display scrambled, so I wanted to use my HDD in the 1.2/1.3 so I unlocked it with the eeprom from my 1.6 and locked it with the eeprom from my 1.2/1.3 so I could use the same HDD in the other console, while I was at it I swapped out the CD/DVD drive as well.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I know what your saying would probably work for this but thing is I want to resell the new one as used like new unopened so I'll just stick with the hdm eeprom read options thanks this is the last time I'll bring this thing up if I can't fix it sometime in September I'll just buy a new board and hdd [they come together] from richpsxparts and sell the new xbox and the parts like wires drive heat sinks what ev then throw the old board away.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I will close this then and wish you the best of luck

Just take care what you are doing, this time.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]