Thread: (PSP) Editing Saves without the CFWCheat

Thanks

Default (PSP) Editing Saves without the CFWCheat

I need help editing a save but I don't want to hack my PSP to do so, is there any way that I can edit, copy or change my saves without using CFWcheats or downgrading my firmware?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

CFWCheat is not a save editor anyway it's a cheat engine, but it lets you import PSX save data but does nothing for PSP save data

the saves have nothing to do with firmware just copy the save edit it copy it back, the save data is just stored on the memstick pro duo

be warned though most save data will have some sort of protection so editing a save may well just corrupt the save data, so make a backup

they have been doing this since the PSX days putting protection in the save data

you can copy and change saves anyway though they are not linked to your PSP or anything, so downloaded saves should work just fine, just make sure the region matches up

\PSP\SAVEDATA\Games Code
    e.g. \PSP\SAVEDATA\ULUS1003500 is NANCO MUSEUM Battle Collection
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-June-2013 at 19:31.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Is that so? I just wanted to edit my saves without using CFWCheat. I don't hack my PSP as just want to edit my saves, not the games themselves.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

CFWCheat again is not a method to edit saves

I pointed the save path out not the game contents path

Most saves will use checksums though so not much can be edited unless you know of some special save editors that will fix any checksum checks, not looked or heard of any for PSP game saves but that's not to say there is not any, but you can import a save easy enough, no modding required just copy and paste via windows while your PSP is hooked up via USB
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-June-2013 at 21:37.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

How can decrypt the savers into something usable? Certain programs won't do anything until I decrypt the saves or use some hex editor.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Read what the certain programs tell you to do and do that and if it says use a hex editor then use a hex editor, that's what I would be trying first.

P.S. I did mention protection and this is just another form

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Thank You for help but I think I am just gonna find that JCPSP emulator and use it to decrypt my files.

I tried to find programs and guides for decryption but they all seems to require some special firmware or plugin for the PSP.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah that does kinda suck for those not wanting to mod there console, you would of thought be now there would be a simple Win32 decrypt tool.

The other way is to just ask someone else if they can do that for you.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I'll try that. Thanks for your help, vorlon. I appreciate it.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Done lots and lots of digging, now there is a PC decrypter but that's all it can do, once the saves are de-crypted they will show as corrupt on your PSP, jpsp may be able to use those then but you will have have no way to re-encrypt them after

I was right though most games are not tagged to the system there are a few that are that I was not aware of but that's a reasonably rare thing, so this could be re-encrypted with a modded PSP using various save tools then copy the encrypted save to your un-modded psp

The easiest way is to just mod the thing though, it's not like you can't go online with games after modding or anything
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-June-2013 at 09:38.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]