Thread: ePSXe180 does not read iso files

Thanks

Default ePSXe180 does not read iso files

I don't know anything about emulators and iso files. Today I downloaded ePSXe180 to play Final Fantasy VII, and I configued the ePSXe180 to work properly. I downloaded the ISO files off of emuparadise.me, and extracted them to my desktop. The problem is, when I run ePSXe180 and then click "run iso", I try to find the iso files I put on my desktop but I don't see it. How do I run the iso files?

EDIT:
    Last edited by AtmosGT; 1st-June-2013 at 01:34.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

by any chance are they ecm files??

if so just read

ECM and APE guide

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    by any chance are they ecm files??

if so just read

ECM and APE guide
    Thank you very much, this guide helped me a lot. Just one more question, how would I go about saving my game? Would I use "Save state" under the run tab?

Added after 30 minutes...
    I used the save state button, and used slot 1. After that I closed out the emulator and later found out that I couldn't find my saved files. In my memorycards folder I have 3 files which are: delete.me, epsxe000.mcr, and epsxe001.mcr. Do those have anything to do with it?
    Last edited by AtmosGT; 1st-June-2013 at 00:48.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Save state can be buggy in some games. Saving game as you would on the playstation uses your epsxe000.mcr and epsxeoo1.mcr as a standard playstation memory card and you should have less problems.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Save state can be buggy in some games. Saving game as you would on the playstation uses your epsxe000.mcr and epsxeoo1.mcr as a standard playstation memory card and you should have less problems.
    Thank you. I've gotten it to work
    I forgot that I had to run the game first, and then the press load, and wala, my saved game. What I did before was run the emulator and looked through the load section, where there was nothing saved.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you are going to use save states, save normally in-game as well

If any setting needs changing because the game crashes or slows down or whatever reason and you change the emulator setup to fix the issue and load a save state it will be for nothing because the save state also stores setting so loading in a save state would just revert any changes made.

As above yes save states can bug out very easy so when you load them the game will freeze or reset on loading said save state, you may get lucky but this is a random bug it can happen at any time in any game
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-June-2013 at 09:25.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR