Thread: Xbox HDD Copy or Clone???

Thanks

Question Xbox HDD Copy or Clone???

I want to know if it is possible to use your own C: and E: files to work on an whole different xbox console.
    If it's possible to make a copy of my files to a hard drive and install it on a different xbox console or motherboard.
    I don't have the eeprom.bin or key of the other console so i was wandering if i can use my own to make it function.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No you still can't do that

Is the other xbox modded in any way to start with? Yes/No

does the other xbox function at all? i.e. can it at least boot to it's own original bios?

What state is this 'other' xbox in

C and E file can be used but then you have no way of locking the HDD resulting in a 05 or if you lock it to your HDD settings you get a 06 error

05 error just means the drive is not locked
    06 means the drive can't be unlocked this would be caused by it being locked to your xbox rather than the 'other' xbox (that error is also caused by corrupt HDD's)

There are plenty of way to mod an xbox and upgrade a HDD, if you give me the info I am after I may be able to help you mod/upgrade the thing.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-June-2013 at 20:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

It was soft modded but i kinda got angry or irritaded that i ended formatting the other hdd and rebuild it from scracth and got error 05
    What do you mean by booting to its own bios?
    The other xbox is fime it just that it messed up and i probably ruined it more by my format.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh you rebuilt the original HDD of the 'Other' xbox resulting in a 05 as it was not locked

sorry to say then that you just bricked that xbox, I don't know about getting that working again

What I meant by it's own bios, is I meant it booting up to the main menu without any errors

If it was booting up ok though there was a method to mod the drive without an eeprom, but instead take the exact info given in the system info screen and use ndure to mod the thing, something I have not tested myself yet, I try that with a spare HDD though, but I can't see that working with the wrong info on the drive to start with and you can't boot it either now

There was also a method to recover the eeprom.bin from an unlocked HDD but as it's cloned from your drive there is no way to recover the correct eeprom.bim for the 'other' xbox

There is even a method to clone a HDD direct on the xbox if it is already soft modded but you need to be able to boot it up to start with.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

try heimdall's xbox recovery disc.also known as hexen.if this disc cant fix your problem,nothing can.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A recovery disc can't run if the bios has an error, as the bios does all the checks before any media can boot up be it the HDD or anything in the disc drive.

the eeprom needs to be recovered first this can be done with a cheapish tool, cheaper if you make one anyway that will let you lock the drive to the correct xbox

Not my video but it gives you an idea how it works
    To buy UK ebay
    To make
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-August-2013 at 11:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]