Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project64K Help

Thanks

Default Project64K Help

Hi, I'm getting errors for Project64k that say "Not enough memory for Jump Tabel!" and "Failed to allocate Memory". I started getting these errors today and i've been using this for over a year. I tried looking up how to fix this but couldn't find a real answer. I also tried around 5-6 different Project64K emulators and Porject64kve and I still get the error. No other emulator gives me this problem. Can you all please help me fix this?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Restart your computer

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

That didn't work. When I went to sleep yesterday, I had my computer turned off the entire time, when I turned my computer back on, the emulator still didn't work. What can I do to fix this?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Roll back your machine before the problems started

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Recovery\System Restore

Look for a restore point before the problem started, you can also scan to see what progs are affected (I recommend you do that to check if you need to re-install anything after also some of the installed progs may of caused the issue to start with)

A restore point only affects installed drivers and programs. documents and images and generally any downloaded files are not touched by the restore point

It may also be a virus causing issues

EDIT make that rollback a few days back, just in case
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-May-2013 at 19:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Jackhammer is online now Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Do you mean you don't have a recovery point, or just can't find recovery?

Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Like I can see your screen grab when it's that small

Anyway in that version of windows you could only do that if you made system backups from what I remember

To find it though hit Start>Help & Support>

Look under
    Pick a Task
    then look for
    Undo changes to your computer with System Restore

LOL so many ways to find it, just like windows used to be, oh that is because it is how windows used to be...

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

It didn't work. I set it back 4 days ago and I got this problem yesterday.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I recommend you do a full virus scan then update all your hardware drivers, install/re-install updates for Direct X, C++, Dot Net and Java, the installers should fix any problems that may of happens to any of the Direct X, C++, Dot Net or Java files

Direct X, C++ and Dot Net are all Mircosoft distro files you only need the Runtime files
    Java is by Oracle

If it's still not working I would say re-install windows and start fresh

Because you are just giving us very generic information and we don't know what you have downloaded or what dodgy sites you of happened accross we can't give you exacts on how to fix this issue of yours, can't say I have heard of anyone every having this exact problem either

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

What information do you want? Ok, does this info help?
    The day before I got this problem, I downloaded project64k 0.13. I was already using version 1.2. Next day, both versions stopped working. I downloaded around 5 other versions of project64k and none of them worked, so I deleted all off them. Then I downloaded project64kve. It did not work but I did not delete it. After I did the system restore, it still didn't work so I deleted it and downloaded the latest version of project64k and it didn't work. Is there a way to get project64k completely out of my computer so I can start over like getting it out of the registry of the computer or by doing something else you know of that will work?
    By the way, normal Project64 works fine. I downloaded 2.1 and it works perfectly but for somereason project64k doesn't work.
    Last edited by GameMaster0097; 14th-May-2013 at 23:13.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GameMaster0097 View Post
    Is there a way to get project64k completely out of my computer so I can start over like getting it out of the registry of the computer or by doing something else you know of that will work?
    Assuming it is an issue with leftover files or registry keys, you could try downloading ccleaner and using that; http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Usage is fairly simple. On the side the two tabs you'll be concerned with are "Cleaner" and "Registry". Run the cleaner part on its default settings, then go to the Registry option. Here, click "scan for issues", then "fixed selected issues". You can choose to backup the registry at this point but it generally isn't necessary. Then, click "fix all selected issues".

The important part here is to then restart your computer, and do the registry scan again. Repeat until no results come up for the registry scan; this makes sure there are no unneeded registry keys left over at all. Finally, log off then back onto windows and try your project64k again.

If this doesn't fix the issue I would assume it's a bug in the program itself; I've had similar issues even using the regular releases of PJ64, where multiple copies needed to be downloaded to run them. This is one of the few pieces of software I've ever had such unexplained issues with.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A rollback should of cleaned the reg but it's not a bad idea to run a reg cleaner, not sure how well the rollback feature works in XP, it has been some years since I last used XP and never needed to rollback for that matter

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

It didn't work.
    You guys now anyway to force project64k open? Also, can the normal project 64 i have on here could be causing the problem?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You tried something simple like running a fresh download of it from a new folder?

If reg is not the issue then a settings file may be the problem like using an old one with a new version of the software

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Is there a way to be sure that project64k is not on my computer and is there a way to make it like project64k was never on my computer so I can start over?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You already done the roll back that would of done that same as a reg clean would of.

Just try running from a fresh new folder as removing reg settings alone has not helped. It may very well be a settings file rather than reg entries.

The only way to be certain though is a clean install of windows itself, that I don't recommend unless you have the original install discs and don't mind having to phone microsoft to get it activated again.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]