Thread: Xbox1 TSOP flashing with Splinter Cell

Thanks

Angry Xbox1 TSOP flashing with Splinter Cell

Hi all, I am trying to flash my TSOP in my 1.0 Xbox and I have already soldered the connections on my motherboard to unlock the TSOP.. I have my original Splinter Cell disc ready but, I can't find a download to the Splinter Cell game save with the raincoat installer and bios anywhere.

** Don't know if this changes any of my plans here**
    My Xbox is already softmodded with SID 5.12 but for some reason I am unable to get back into the softmod installer from the Splinter Cell exploit. (when I try to load the save from check points, the game goes to a black screen then resets itself).

Or is there a way I can run a program from UnleashX or EvoX or XBMC to flash my bios?

EDIT - I think I broke my Xbox.. I found the flash bios menu in EvoX and flashed the EvoX M7 eject fix bios, and now my Xbox will turn on to the Green X boot screen and it will say Microsoft underneath it. but then it just goes to a black screen.. I can still load up game discs but I also still can't get into the SID exploit.
    Last edited by niggainasuit; 5th-May-2013 at 23:32.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,220 Times in 1,445 Posts
    EP Points

the raincoat files you are looking for i found in this thread.
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. i uploaded them to multiuplaod so you can download them.
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. just choose whichever file server you want.

as for your current problem is your xbox chipped?
    if so then just download slayers evox installer disc and it you can install a dash from the disc.
    if your xbox is softmodded and you can still play games then just resoftmod it with your game exploit as the softmod exploit will still be on your xbox1 hdd.
    do a bit of reading first though just to be sure.
    REMEMBER if you are looking for a xbox game then make sure and check the XBOX MASTERLIST.
    https://www.epforums.org/showthread....ox-Master-List

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't know what you are gaining by flashing the TSOP, can you give me reasons why you would.

I just use XBMC I just like the way it looks/works.

I would just re-flash the bios to it's original state and start again, that should fix the EDIT .

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=165336 have a great list of tuto's for flashing.

You may need to make a couple of discs to get into a file manager to re-do the save files used by the splintercell exploit or use a Evox/Unleash disc (there is a recovery disc around will dig that out tomorrow maybe, might be the day after I am planning on going out for the best part of tomorrow)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I wanted to flash my TSOP because, my box freezes up all the time when playing backups. So I'm trying something new. I guess I will have to use a recovery disc or a dashboard disc like you said, because all I can do is get into a game on disc. Can't do anything else, since I have no way ftp'ing in or getting these files from my usb to the xbox right now (and my splinter cell SID save is not working either).

I don't know how to make a disc for this kind of thing, but I do have one DVD+RW left laying around.

EDIT - so i just realized my tsop flash problem is that i didn't bother to look at the file size of the bios i flashed and i flashed a 256kb bios on my 1mb tsop.. so if i can get into evox from a disc, i should be able to flash a fixed bios over it.
    Last edited by niggainasuit; 6th-May-2013 at 00:13.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,220 Times in 1,445 Posts
    EP Points

in that case slayers evox disc launches into evox.
    download it here
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. just unrar and burn the iso to disc with either dvd decryptor or img burn and burn at about 3x burning speed.
    when you launch the disc it will let you ftp as for flashing i am not sure.
    REMEMBER if you are looking for a xbox game then make sure and check the XBOX MASTERLIST.
    https://www.epforums.org/showthread....ox-Master-List

Thanks

thanks fumanchu ill try this out tomorrow, hope it works.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by niggainasuit View Post
    I wanted to flash my TSOP because, my box freezes up all the time when playing backups. So I'm trying something new. I guess I will have to use a recovery disc or a dashboard disc like you said, because all I can do is get into a game on disc. Can't do anything else, since I have no way ftp'ing in or getting these files from my usb to the xbox right now (and my splinter cell SID save is not working either).

I don't know how to make a disc for this kind of thing, but I do have one DVD+RW left laying around.

EDIT - so i just realized my tsop flash problem is that i didn't bother to look at the file size of the bios i flashed and i flashed a 256kb bios on my 1mb tsop.. so if i can get into evox from a disc, i should be able to flash a fixed bios over it.
    I can honestly say I can't see flashing the chip improving DVD-R disc reading if you are running from discs, usually thats just the xbox's naff dvd drive

90% of games run best direct from HDD, there are about 10% games that will not work from HDD (a fix might help for those though)

If you think it might just be a heat issue (the v1.0 xbox does have heat issues anyway) just blast the fun up a few notches, I'm sure most the custom gui's will have that feature I know XBMC does, wish all consoles had that feature, might save a few from red ringing or whatever.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    I can honestly say I can't see flashing the chip improving DVD-R disc reading if you are running from discs, usually thats just the xbox's naff dvd drive
    Yeah I understand a little bit about the inner workings of computers and xbox's and whatnot, I forgot to mention in this thread that my problems are with backups on the hard drive. Any games I have on disc work perfect. My box is usually pretty warm, but it never freezes or overheats even when I leave it on the dashboard while ftp'ing over night. It's just in nearly every game I try, it gets stuck at one exact point. For example, in Red Dead Revolver it gets stuck on the level 2 loading screen. In the Simpsons Hit & Run, it gets stuck on the loading screen before the first level. But none of this matters at the moment because I f'ed my bios lol. I've tried to patch the default.xbe but that didn't work. and tried re-downloading and ftp'ing... no luck. So I was thinking if I put a new bios on there, something might happen. I know it sounds like there is no reason that it should work. But my issue sounds like a problem that really shouldn't have ever happened.

UPDATE I burned the disc in ImgBurn at 4x speed because it said my drive doesnt support 3x, only 4x. Then I put in my xbox and it loaded into the slayer's evox installer fine and instead of ftp'ing over the splinter cell tsop files, my dumbass thought i would skip a step and use the tsop flasher in evox, since it said install evox m8 bios for v1.0-1.5 xbox. I thought I do have a 1.0 xbox so the worst that can happen is I have to go back into the slayer's disc right? Wrong. Now when I turn on the xbox I get no video, and the eject ring flashes red/green lights. When I unplug the component cable and turn it on, it flashes orange/green as if it just wants me to connect the video cable, but when I plug it back in, it goes green/red again. I don't have a composite cable with me right now to see if that would work for some reason but, I will try in a few days if that's my only option at this point?

EDIT I just tried desoldering the motherboard, where I soldered the connections to unlock the TSOP and that did nothing.

Ok so after doing more research into this subject, I seem to have been hit with the FRAG which means my only outlet is to get a modchip which costs about $30-40.. Since I only payed $15 for the Xbox and I found another one on Craigslist without any cords for $5, I will just start fresh with a new one. One question I have though, is there anyway with a new bios I would be able to go to my dashboard from within the game, sort of like on the 360? It's annoying to have to get up and restart the xbox whenever I want to do something else.
    Last edited by niggainasuit; 7th-May-2013 at 19:31. Reason: posts merged