Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunlord DC nulldc 1.0.3. or 1.6b no picture (or small) and with sound

Thanks

Default Gunlord DC nulldc 1.0.3. or 1.6b no picture (or small) and with sound

I have try many CDI files from the game Gunlord and still with no picture (or small in right corner) and with sound.

What is wrong with the emulator or CDI file, or do i need something else or do i have to change something in the emulator?

thanks,

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Turn VGA off and use RGB instead, try the other cable modes as well

I am guessing that it is a VGA issue as I don't have the game myself but I do know the types of issues VGA has with the very few games that do not support it

P.S. NullDC is far from perfect to start with but is one of the best emulators along with Demul myself I have a Dreamcast anyway

I highly doubt the CD image has anything to do with the issue
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-May-2013 at 18:07.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Turn VGA off and use RGB instead, try the other cable modes as well

I am guessing that it is a VGA issue as I don't have the game myself but I do know the types of issues VGA has with the very few games that do not support it

P.S. NullDC is far from perfect to start with but is one of the best emulators along with Demul myself I have a Dreamcast anyway

I highly doubt the CD image has anything to do with the issue
    o.k,

i have check all cable types:
    (plugin null PVR direct 3D hall)
    VGA 0 / VGA 1 / RGB / etc.

still no picture only sound.

When i change the plugin to chankast there is picture only the dreamcast logo is weird and the colors are not correct.

All other games works perfect, just this one give's me problems.....

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MarcAlmighty View Post
    o.k,

i have check all cable types:
    (plugin null PVR direct 3D hall)
    VGA 0 / VGA 1 / RGB / etc.

still no picture only sound.

When i change the plugin to chankast there is picture only the dreamcast logo is weird and the colors are not correct.

All other games works perfect, just this one give's me problems.....
    Try out Demul instead

I will check the game out later myself if you are still getting problems, though I will first need to find the game as most of my games are the EU or US release games only so far I still need to grab the Jap set myself

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

i already setup Nulldc in my Bartop and really don't want too change it all for this game, so if this problem comes from nulldc then bad luck for me, worked with demul only the setup and the rest is a lot easier with NullDC.

And DUX also worked fine with this and soon check Last Hope.

Thanks anyway for the help and maby you get it working on NullDC.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

NullDC is not as compatible and Demul

NullDC will not work with any WinCE games and there are a few non WinCE games that only work in Demul aswell

Demul is just a more accurate emulator and has more features supported.

I have both emulators on my laptop mostly for testing, as I do own a Dreamcast anyway.

I don't mind testing the game for you.

EDIT got that game downloading i will let you know how it fairs in demul

P.S. I have tested a lot of games in NullDC so I already know it will work fine with lots of games but at the same time I know for a fact that is not all games

I was keeping track though the tests had been for another reason rather than seeing how well a game emulates http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?83089 that is something I will have to get back to the reason I stopped, was I lost a lot of the last post I done, that was lots of work gone.

EDIT works fine in NullDC 1.0.4 rev 1.4.1. with Cable Type set to TV (RGB) Works with VGA cable set aswell
    demul failed, it only had the left half of the screen shown but stretched to the entire display area

NullDC 1.0.4 r141.zip
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	906 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	36932

I couldn't play it because I don't have my pad hooked up so just let it play in demo mode, will have to burn this gem though was meaning to get this a while back, not tested unlicenced by Sega games in NullDC yet so I wouldn't know for the the other game you want to play, I know that works on real hardware but it was a Mil-CD to start with so the rip is not a rip at all. it's just direct copy.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-May-2013 at 19:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks Zorlon,

never tried this version, will try this tommorow in Mala and xp and hope this will work.

Before i also have to downloaded some dxd_ files before 1.0.3 and 1.06b works on xp.

If it won't work i come back to you, also if it works

edit: i see there is no resolution 800X600 too choose? (for my scanline generator)

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The real Dreamcast looks best with a VGA cable that had no scanline effects

Some of the lower res games don't look as good in VGA though I guess the few that have a native res of 320x240 but most games for Dreamcast are 640x480 and even the 640x480 2D games look nice with VGA

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

o.k and with no luck, in xp it wont boot up and only hear sound, do i need a driver for this?

i can make a picture if need?

thanks for the help so far.

i hear sound only the screen freeze and get this message.

(i can hear the game play)
    Last edited by MarcAlmighty; 1st-May-2013 at 21:25.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Use Print screen (prt sc) if you want to show a screen shot (paint can be use to paste the print screen to) prt scn + alt will take a shot of the active window only

I can't read what the error is though, I can only read english

But by the looks of it the drivers used are for Windows Vista or higher using Direct X 11 that is not available to Windows XP users, you can try both video plugins though under options>select plugins (video is listed as Power VR) for me I can only get the Direct3D HAL driver working (possibly lack of hardware, not really looked into that)

I don't know if you can use the drivers that came with the 1.0.3 versions or not, but it may be worth a try, then again it may have the same issues again.

I'm on Windows 7 myself, not that I like Widows 7 any more than Windows XP but it does have more features that newer software uses that XP can't, so although Win7 will run slower than XP newer software has more chance of working correctly with Win7 over XP.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Use Print screen (prt sc) if you want to show a screen shot (paint can be use to paste the print screen to) prt scn + alt will take a shot of the active window only

I can't read what the error is though, I can only read english

But by the looks of it the drivers used are for Windows Vista or higher using Direct X 11 that is not available to Windows XP users, you can try both video plugins though under options>select plugins (video is listed as Power VR) for me I can only get the Direct3D HAL driver working (possibly lack of hardware, not really looked into that)

I don't know if you can use the drivers that came with the 1.0.3 versions or not, but it may be worth a try, then again it may have the same issues again.

I'm on Windows 7 myself, not that I like Widows 7 any more than Windows XP but it does have more features that newer software uses that XP can't, so although Win7 will run slower than XP newer software has more chance of working correctly with Win7 over XP.
    checked google and they say directx11 is not compatible with xp so the only thing i can do i too remove the plugins from 1.0.4 and put the plugins from 1.0.3 into that right?
    (tonight i will mak a print screen)

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wish you luck with that, but I can't see it helping but it is worth a shot.

It is worth buying a Dreamcast though most models do not need any sort of modding to play backups either, EU Dreamcast's all play backups US Dreamcast's depends both on the model and the date they are made, if you want more info I can help you there as well.

P.S. Gun Lord is a Neo-Geo game first it was just ported to the Dreamcast by the coders

Release: NEO·GEO™ MVS December 2011, Dreamcast™ 2012, NEO·GEO™ AES 2012

I admit I have not seen a rom of the Neo-Geo version though but not really looked either
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-May-2013 at 10:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

i want to thank you for your feedback Zorlon, tested and not working, only dux playing fine.

So no Gunlord and Last Hope for me, no big problem at all other Dreamcast games worked fine for me.

Cheers!

Thanks

DUX 1.5 and Sturmwind Beta runs fine in nullDC 1.0.3
    Last edited by MarcAlmighty; 7th-May-2013 at 21:13.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MarcAlmighty View Post
    DUX 1.5 and Sturmwing Beta runs fine in nullDC 1.0.3
    Rush Rush Rally Racing won't emulate in either NullDC or demul even if you make cdi disc image

I will eventually be testing the other unlicenced games as well anyway as I have desided to include those in my big releases list but I'm already up to letter S (just started to test games starting with S) I will go back and check those games I have missed so far including any unreleased games I may of missed, most of those are very playable there is only the one game that is unreleased but found on a dev system that is not really playable, being System Shock that is bootable on a real DC at least but is no way playable in any way as it runs very poorly

unreleased list of released via group games

Ball Breakers (This one was released as Moho for PAL systems, Ball Breakers was going to be the NTSC name, but never got released while the system was alive)
    Flintstones, The: Viva Rock Vegas
    Half-Life & Blue Shift
    Hell Gate
    PBA Tour Bowling 2001
    Propeller Arena
    System Shock (this is at Alpha stage and not at a playable state)

May have newer released unreleased games now

unlicenced games

Bleem!Cast - Gran Turismo 2 - Pointless for you just use ePSXe
    Bleem!Cast - Metal Gear Solid - Pointless for you just use ePSXe
    Bleem!Cast - Tekken 3 - Pointless for you just use ePSXe
    Cool Herders
    Dream Para Para - Pointless for you as it requires special controllers not emulated, pointless for me aswell I don't have those special controllers
    DUX
    Feet of Fury
    Frog Feast
    Gunlord - Completed that already
    Inhabitants
    Irides: Master of Blocks
    Last Hope
    Last Hope: Pink Bullets
    Maqiupai
    Rush Rush Rally Racing
    Sturmwing (beta)
    Super Boom Tread Troopers (was part of a demo disc so it might be considered a rip rather than an unlicened game)
    Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles

there might be some missing from that list I am a lil out of date with the last few ones and some have not had rips yet that are currently out this list has had rips out though
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-May-2013 at 21:28.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]