Thread: Wii-U gets hacked and mod chips coming.

Thanks

Default Wii-U gets hacked and mod chips coming.

Last edited by gamerdude21; 1st-May-2013 at 16:56.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't see the point, what are people gonna pirate?

That was me trolling, I know the Wii U is new and it's yet to have a load of games released for it yet.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Same thing has happened in the past. New console released, mediocre sales, exploit found to run unsigned code/backups etc. Everyone rushes out to buy new console, leave it for a few months, exploit patched so you can't play the latest games.

Seems to be the same every generation, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the exploits start with the console manufacturers themselves....

Thanks
    EP Points

its a conspiracy!

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    Same thing has happened in the past. New console released, mediocre sales, exploit found to run unsigned code/backups etc. Everyone rushes out to buy new console, leave it for a few months, exploit patched so you can't play the latest games.

Seems to be the same every generation, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the exploits start with the console manufacturers themselves....
    This only happened on the early PSP models, not sure of the PSP-3000, and on the Wii until Nintendo gave up updating the firmware on the system.

Thanks

I might get a Wii-U after the prices get slashed down to about $100 or less. But only if it at least had 3 games I wanted to play on it.

I don't expect there to be a Wii-U emulator any time soon that runs commercial games, but stranger things have happened.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

if it can play wii back up games then thats awesome. I found a Wii Pro controller for $7 at my dads goodwill store yesterday, I plan on getting a Wii U anyway, this will be better than running a slowish emulator on my computer.
    STOP THE MADDENESS, STOP BUYING SPORTS GAMES!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/w...x_distribution

I for one have no interest in modding a WiiU or PS3 maybe my 360

I have not read much into it but sounds like the Wii side of the WiiU is already very much hacked
    Last edited by Zorlon; 5th-May-2013 at 18:04.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

The developers of the Dolphin emulator have hacked the Wii U gamepad (video)

Thanks

Default Wii-U game pad reverse engineered by Dolphin emulator devs.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-wii-u-gamepad

By Richard Leadbetter Published Wednesday, 15 May 2013

The Wii U GamePad has been reverse-engineered by the developers behind the Dolphin GameCube/Wii emulator, with the controller's functions completely simulated on PC. When we heard the news on Twitter, we contacted developer Pierre Bourdon to find out more. In hacking the GamePad, we reasoned that the developers would have extensive information on how Nintendo's innovative controller actually works.
    I'm not sure what this means as far as a possible emulator in the future. But we already know the Wii-U was hacked (completely), and now the pad has been reverse engineered. I'm guessing team Dolphin is making some steady progress.

Anyone else optimistic about the possibility of a Wii-U emulator in the near future?

I'm calling it right now that the Wii-U most certainly gets emulated to run commercial games before the PS3/360 does.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, obviously, Wii U has more attention focused on it emulation wise than PS3 or X360. But there's no telling if the emulation will go smoothly enough. As said in the article, the main problem is the custom GPU, which needs to be reverse engineered. That takes a lot of time. PS3, X360, and Xbox original had custom GPUs. Xbox original is not emulated yet, so I rather see some progress in that 6th gen console rather than an 8th gen one.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    Well, obviously, Wii U has more attention focused on it emulation wise than PS3 or X360. But there's no telling if the emulation will go smoothly enough. As said in the article, the main problem is the custom GPU, which needs to be reverse engineered. That takes a lot of time. PS3, X360, and Xbox original had custom GPUs. Xbox original is not emulated yet, so I rather see some progress in that 6th gen console rather than an 8th gen one.
    hell even the ps2 doesnt run right even with a powerful computer (most of the time, there are some games that work). however if there is already something this early i am not suprised, though i think it should wait till after halfway into the lifcycle, or you get the psp, hacked early on, devs didnt develope for it in the west.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    hell even the ps2 doesnt run right even with a powerful computer (most of the time, there are some games that work). however if there is already something this early i am not suprised, though i think it should wait till after halfway into the lifcycle, or you get the psp, hacked early on, devs didnt develope for it in the west.
    PCSX2 runs great for me, but I got a reasonably powerful PC. I don't even need to use speed hacks anymore. Even my old PC with an Phenom II x4 980 ran just about every PS2 game I tried at 60fps, some games needed speed hacks, but most didn't.

Wii games on Dolphin also run exceptionally well on my system. I got Xenoblade Chronicles running at 1080p in DX11 and max FPS and even turned the AA/AF up. It looks like a PS3 game instead of a PS2 game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    My shitty, shitty MacBook Pro running Windows 7 can run PCSX2 with almost no noticeable slowdown on a majority of games I've tried...