Thread: In need of help with PSAR Dumper (PSP 1000 6.60 PRO)

Thanks

Wink In need of help with PSAR Dumper (PSP 1000 6.60 PRO)

Today i decided get some ISO's for the first time and convert them onto my PSP 1000. (With 6.60 PRO-B10) I successfully converted the ISO's to EBOOT's and so forth with RS-GUI PopStationMD v3.00, but i appear to be having trouble with the PSAR dumper i downloaded. Whenever i hit square to decrypt the EBOOT of its copyright licenses, the program tells me that its "Not a PSAR file".

Does this mean that the file cant be read on the dumper, or is my PSP racist against me playing the original resident evil or crash bandicoot?

I also got the original ISO's from coolroms.com, could that site have a reputation for having problems? im somewhat new to the PSP scene but ive worked with computers most of my life. any help would be much appreciated. i just want to re-live my childhood again!

-Scott

Brief Update: I ended up getting Red Squirrel's dumper. but when i do attempt to decrypt, it now says "failed to allocate buffer to PSAR". now what?
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 2nd-May-2013 at 01:10. Reason: please, don't double post, use the EDIT button.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Are you trying to play PSX games on your PSP 1K if you are then you should just go back to 5.50 Prome and play with the normal version of popstation the prometheus versions of 5.50 are future proof and work with 6.60 software anyway

The only reason anyone uses 6 and up is because there PSP's started at a higher firmware than 5.50 so thats 3K and PSP Go owners

First downgrade to 5.50gen-d then upgrade that to 5.50gen-d3 then upgrade with 5.50gen-d3 Prometheus 4 that will eventually give you 5.50 Prome and ensure you have every fix you would want

pops and everything else works just fine then

The reason PSP 1k and 2K owners stop at 5.50 Prome is because 6 up over has limitations that 5.50 does not, hence the extra messing you are doing to attempt to run something that is so simple to run on lower firmware versions
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-May-2013 at 09:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

@Zorlon alright, ill try this out. thank you for the reply

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wish you luck with that and await your feedback after downgrading

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

i downloaded gen-D and all of the other 5.50 files i needed ahead of time. but the strange thing is that whenever i try to install gen-D, my PSP freezes on "load modules from UPDATER" or something like that. taking a alternative route, i decided to get Hellcat's recovery flasher program and got the firmware pack, some loading errors occur. to be specific, its "Error 80020148" loading/starting nand_Updater.prx, 1fatfs_updater.prx, and 1flash_fatfmt_updater. i have a feeling that im missing something...do you know whats causing these issues? it probably involves the updater, i just dont know what exactly the updater is.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's possibly to do with the current firmware being higher than what you are trying to install.

I don't know if this will help you go as low as 5.XX but it is worth looking at 6.xx Downgrader - a firmware downgrader for PSP! a small guide by Meganova

For the guide you can ignore downgrading to certain firmwares as the 1K model can run on as low firmware 1.00

Myself I have a pandora battery converter that I use instead (basicly it's what sony used to recover PSP 1k and 2k models), and just use the recovery through that if I wanted a lower firmware.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

makes sense! thank you anyways for all your help. ill see what i can do

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I will wish you luck with that

Hope to hear back from you with a downgraded PSP

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]