Thread: No picture when using composite cables

Thanks

Red face No picture when using composite cables

I have a PSP Go and SDTV. I got composite cables. I get stereo sound on the TV, but no picture. I've tried every combination of display settings, I have the TV set on the right input, which is why I can hear the sounds. Everything's plugged into the right place.

I'm wondering if it's the CFW that is the problem. I have 6.60 Pro-C.

Also, when I switch by holding the display button, the screen goes black and I can go back by pressing it again. But when I manually select Switch Video Output in the menu, it shows the little icon of the psp, arrow, and tv then just shuts down the PSP. It does this on both OFW and CFW.

Can you think of any CFW settings that might be causing this or any way around this? Thanks.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Is there not another TV you can test it on even a friends TV??

Most HDTV's do allow for SDTV connections usually through the component connection having the yellow lead in the Green connection and/or using a AV scart adaptor

To me it sounds like it is the cable itself though rather than the PSP

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I tried 2 TVs and it was the same. I would blame the cable, but why does the PSP shut down when I manually select Switch Video Output?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Possibly because it does not detect the cable fully so for precaution it's shuts off instead of being locked in a display that can't be shown (that's a guess mind I don't know that but that would be logical)

The firmware would have little to do with it working or not working unless you have corrupt firmware and modded/custom firmware still uses official firmware, the cable itself should just work without changing settings (output method maybe)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-April-2013 at 18:20.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR