Thread: Need to extract reasources from Megaman Anniversary Collection for PS2

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Need to extract resources from Megaman Anniversary Collection for PS2

I've figured out the format of Megaman Aniversary Collection's archive files. They are uncompressed raw data, much like a directory structure (one dword represents the number of entries, then each entry has a 4byte checksum probably a CRC32, an offset for the start of the data, and a length of the data, and finally 4 bytes of extra data used in some special circumstances such as if the length of the data is 0 or if the offset points to some location within the the directory table itself, but most of the time the value stored in the extra-data dword is just 0x00000000).

So basically I find that there are a number of different formats of data pointed to, some of which appear to be audio data and have a FOURCC of "AUS " or "ASF " as the first 4 bytes of the data. Unfortunately I can't figure out the format of this audio data. There's also TGA images which is pretty easy to figure out since the name Truevision (company that made TGA format is included at the end of each of these pieces of data as metadata). And there's TONS of other formats embedded with, but with unfortunately NO CLUE what the file extension should be, or what the format of the data is.

Most of this stuff is COMPLETELY PROPRIETARY, and I'm gonna need some good game hackers helping me here to help me figure out what the formats are, and how to use them.

Anyone here who's got good reverse engineering skills, I would REALLY WELCOME ANY HELP that you can give me.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Videogamer555; 20th-April-2013 at 22:30.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What is the goal of this project intended to be

As most of what is included in this will be available in different formats anyway to start with

A lot of the data will be various loaders and other none game code, unusable with anything else but the PS2 console so no converting or playing of

There will be custom code in there as well encrypted in there own way possibly just for this disc

P.S. we are not really this sort of place but I know a site that may have coders ect that might have a bit of know how at http://www.romhacking.net/

do not hold your breath though unless there has already been someone that has played round with this game anyway I can't see you getting much help but it's worth a try if this is something you really want to do

PCSX2 debug features may also help you on getting extracted files as well as some games do extract files into memory
    ps2dis a PS2 disassembler tool may come in handy if you can use it (you can find that at romhacking as well as other handy tools for PS2 game files and other systems game files)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-April-2013 at 23:55.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR