Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: driver for blue triangular playstation 1 controller to usb adapter

Thanks
    EP Points

Default driver for blue triangular playstation 1 controller to usb adapter

hi. i have a blue triangular adapter used to connect the original playstation dual shock controller to a USB port. my windows 7 starter computer did find a driver for it to use, but it was a little bit buggy with epsxe (though still useable with workarounds), but the main thing is that there was no rumble functionality.

i thought i had lost the driver disc that came with my adapter, and looked for two hours or so on the internet for a driver that would work, with no success!

but now i have found the driver disc! and i installed it. i have good rumble functionality using pcsx-reloaded (but not epsxe, and only partial functionality for pSX), using the harakiri plugin. the games i've tested the rumble feature with are the Metal Gear Solid Demo disc, Legend of Lagoon disc 1 [NTSC], and Silhouette Mirage [NTSC]. i am quite happy that i can play these games on my netbook with rumble, instead of having to use my (not very accessible) TV!

i want to put out the file that came on my driver disc in case anyone else has the same problem.

note: i still don't know if my adapter is a dilong pu203 adapter, a Super Dual Box adapter from Mayflash, or even something else. i say this because on the internet it says that the adapter i got has been duplicated by at least one company, (and complicating matters is that Mayflash has three or more different versions of this adapter), so it may not be clear which adapter you actually have just by looking at its appearance.
    ` i think (but am not sure) that i bought this adapter through ebay, about three or four years ago.

so my adapter looks like the picture in the attachment called "with indentation.jpg"
    and it DOESN'T look like the picture in the attachment called "without indentation.jpg"
    (notice the indentation around the ring of the "dome" on the adapter).
    ` also, my adapter lights up with a red LED light.

the two other jpg files are the packaging my adapter came in.
    and the ZIP file is a zip of the one file that was on the driver disc.

after installing the adapter, i could go to Devices and Printers in my Windows 7 Starter system, and then right click my adapter (called Twin USB Joystick), and select "Game Controller Settings". under "Installed Game Controllers", there will be two items listed, both named the same thing: "Twin USB Vibration Gamepad". for me, it was the second one that i need to choose; (i'm not sure if it's because of which slot in my adapter i plugged in my controller, or not).
    ` from there, there's a button test and a vibration test, both of which worked for me. please note that the "vibration strength" you set under the vibration test actually does affect how strong the vibration will be in the emulator.

in the harakiri controller plugin, under the Direct Input ForceFeedback setting, i also have to choose the second listed "Twin USB Vibration Gamepad" item. i also set both the large and small motors to "Constant".
    ` also note that though the harakiri plugin remembers the button configuration you have to laboriously create, it seems to forget the Direct Input ForceFeedback selection you made every time you close PCSX, so you have to re-configure that part every time you open PCSX.
    ` in PCSX, i choose the harakiri plugin for controller 1, and the other plugin that came with PCSX (i think it's called SSSPSX Pad Pressure Mod 1.6) for controller 2 ; i didn't test it using both harakiri, but i read someplace on the internet that this can make the emulator crash.

-------------------------------------

in case anyone might be helped by this:
    - i got rumble to work in epsxe. i needed to select DXJoy2, instead of DXJoy1, under the gamepad configuration (and choose constant for the large motor and sine for the small motor).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img026.jpg 
Views:	945 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	36683   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img025.jpg 
Views:	1093 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	36682  

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by silpheed_tandy; 30th-March-2013 at 15:34.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to silpheed_tandy For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah you don't need a driver at all for that converter it's a standard HID device unless you are wanting rumble support that a HID driver alone will not give you

If I can find it though there is rumble driver that works with just about any and all PSX/PS2 to USB converters and with 360 USB pads and it works with ePSXe

I have that converter myself as well as others that I use both with my PC and PS3

From what I remember though for some coverters the left and right motror is mixed up but that shouldn't really effect much if it is backwards
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-March-2013 at 00:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

one that DOES work with ePSXe, too? really??
    can you provide a link for it?

i keep on reading that Metal Gear Solid totally is impossible to have its rumble work with ePSXe.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't know if the US version has dual shock support but I will test the EU version out anyway, last time I heard about MGS and dual shock though it was a fault of the emulator (maybe the plugin) but not the drivers and was with an older version of ePSXe

I need to find the driver again myself, I don't think I have it at the moment

Think I still have it just going to do a quick test, just need to find the little converter cable, that I will maybe dig out tonight (that particular one is in the loft)

I will test with a game that actually has Dual Shock support and I know works first then MGS EU version

I will test this also but you should be able to change the default pad plugin in ePSXe as well using a front end by Pete (the same pete that does the video plugins)

EDIT yeah the US version has shock support as well

Vibration test tells me it is the correct way round for that converter

... game test 1 on it's way

P.S. I will upload the sucker for you after my few tests

Final Fantasy VIII works fine with Dual Shock (tested once in normal game play, enabled via pause screen)
    Metal Gear Solid also works fine with Dual Shock (tested in Options screen that has a Vibration test, left for weak, right for strong)

Both tested in ePSXe 1.8.0 both are my original discs so both games are the EU versions, so not sure if the US version of MGS will work or not, I know the US version of Final Fantasy VIII works though I have played that version in ePSXe before with dual shock enabled, I also just used the default pad plugin as it worked so I'll not test the front end with ePSXe 1.8.0 as there is no need to

Please find attached Pad Vibration Setup.zip, extract it and run it

EDIT:................

Moved to Everything Emulation as this is more of an emulator issue rather than a console issue

P.S. yes it is the slot you used that ended up being the second driver listed I done exactly the same, when the USB cable is at the back and the lights show on the top, the right slot is slot 1 the left is slot 2 so it's backwards, not a big issue though, it is just a cheap converter.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-March-2013 at 13:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The only info you might be missing at this point: In ePSXe, press F5 to switch between digital and analog controller mode. I think digital in this case means no rumble so you will probably NEED to be in Analog mode for rumble to work properly.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    The only info you might be missing at this point: In ePSXe, press F5 to switch between digital and analog controller mode. I think digital in this case means no rumble so you will probably NEED to be in Analog mode for rumble to work properly.
    ePSXe 1.8.0 and 1.7.0 detect the pad type for you , unless digital is only setup in the config to start with

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

i also have a similar one the only difference and i think that has to do with it is that mines got on the circuit board in it it has SL811 instead of VL811 i was wondering if anyones got a driver for that one or if this will work with it

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It works with anything that actually has rumble support and is just for rumble

I have used the driver with my 360 wired pads and 3 different PSX to USB converters 2 of those are supposed to be used with the PS3

EDIT... I already said that...

Just try the thing and check the pad settings in windows to see if your USB converter has taken to the driver

I can't tell you if yours works or not without actually having the device to test with
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-July-2013 at 10:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

i think i know my issue it may be my OS its window 8 if i run the program in compatibility will that help and if so where are the downloaded files located would it be in the program files or program files(86x) any idea would help

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Run it as admin if there are issues running it

It should work with Windows 8 though anyway

works fine with Windows 7 64bit

C:\Windows\USB Vibration is the install path

P.S. it is normal for it to return an error message about recommended settings, but it installed fine anyway

Just run the installed file C:\Windows\USB Vibration\dr100&110\GameControler.exe if you are not sure
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-July-2013 at 01:31.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

well before i couldn't get any controllers to work wired or not only rumble buttons worked i'm not sure what the issue is it works fine on my laptop just not my desktop also i did find that folder clicked the install.exe got the box that asks if i'm sure then nothing it just does nothing no installer pop up no error no nothing i'm just wondering if i just have bad luck with some shit or it'd broken powers being supplied but that's it
    Last edited by xen_tech; 21st-July-2013 at 16:17.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can always right click and extract the Pad Vibration Setup.exe file and try running the setup file that is contained in the folder you just extracted to

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

still nothing no input response from my controllers they work fine with other stuff but that's it just doesn't work with my usb connector for it no controller works

edit: both the program and the emulator see the usb gampad connector but as before nor response form controllers none of them are broken if that says anything
    Last edited by xen_tech; 21st-July-2013 at 16:17.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What emulator are you talking about & game?

P.S. I think I know what the issue is and it's not dirvers
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-July-2013 at 17:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I've used both ePSXe and psxfin and its not any games that are the issue i just can't get any of the controllers to even work to setup a joy pad configuration like with my corded ones i can turn the analog functions on if they have it and that's it with wireless ones the wireless receive doesn't receive the signal nor does the controller