Thread: Please help Optimize my settings for ePSXe 1.8

Thanks

Default Please help Optimize my settings for ePSXe 1.8

ild like to know the best plugins and settings for epsxe 1.8 on my laptop thank you!

My specs:
    Processor: Intel Core I5-2450M CPU @2.5Ghz(4 CPUs)
    RAM: 8192MB
    Video Card: Intel HD Graphics Family (1696MB aprox total memory)
    resolution: 1366 x 768

it would be nice if i could use 1 setup for all games but i understand if i have to swap between different video settings for 3d/2d games
    (quick question does this mean im using on-board graphics and it has a gig and a half of dedicated memory?)

I cant seem to get it to work on this Laptop using Pete's OpenGL plugin. Ild really appreciate the best or at least a working setup
    It seems to like Pete's D3D is that my best option? i guess its cause im running off integrated graphics

Current Graphic Plugin setting:

Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.76
    Author: Pete Bernert
    GFX card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Resolution/Color:
    - 1360x768 Fullscreen - [32 Bit]

Textures:
    - R5G5B5A1
    - Filtering: 0
    - Hi-Res textures: 1
    - VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
    - FPS limit: on
    - Frame skipping: off
    - FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
    - Offscreen drawing: 2
    - Framebuffer texture: 2
    - Framebuffer access: 0
    - Alpha multipass: on
    - Mask bit: on
    - Advanced blending: none

Misc:
    - Scanlines: off [0]
    - Unfiltered FB: off
    - Dithering: off
    - Screen smoothing: off
    - Full vram: off
    - Game fixes: off [00000000]
    Last edited by quarts21; 19th-March-2013 at 02:28. Reason: additional Information

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Google it. There should be sites with listings of each game with general "best" settings, geared toward getting the game as close to original graphical quality or eliminating missing screens. Your device should run PS1 emulation just fine since my Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 with 250MB dedicated runs Final Fantasy Tactics pretty well.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Ya I did google it. Im just not familiar with how all this works with an integrated graphics card I've never had to work with one. I got it working with D3D but it doesnt seem to be optimized O.o the FMV at the begining of star ocean doesnt show but i hear the audio very choppy O.o on screen it shows 60fps too lol very odd .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try changing "off screen drawing" and "framebuffer access". I see you have "Framebuffer texture" set at 2 and "Framebuffer access" at 0, that might be causing problems. And "off-screen drawing" set too high can cause problems, too.

Might also try the P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.18 if that came with your package. I also recommend downloading an ePSXe 1.7 package from emuparadise.me since they come with a ton more video/audio plugins. Often, a different plugin will change your game-play experience for the better.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

In general, 3D games look best with any of the Petes D3D plugins, as well as the OpenGL plugins (note you'll have the most luck compatibility wise with the first OpenGL one, not the OpenGL2 one). For 2D games, you would generally want to try just using the P.E.Op.S soft plugin; this is the only swapping you should ever need to do between playing 2D and 3D games.

Here is a screenshot of the settings I normally use;

This setup applies to the D3D, OpenGL and Soft plugins (though the soft plugin has less options). If the games run smoothly under these settings, you can try increasing the fullscreen resolution near the top if you'd like, and disable scanlines if you don't like the way they look.

If objects aren't rendering right you can try choosing different options under Compatibility, these settings should work fine for the majority of games though.

In case you don't have either the OpenGL or Soft plugins, here are a couple links;

OpenGL Plugin
    P.E.Op.S Soft Plugin
    Last edited by MaslowK; 23rd-March-2013 at 00:26.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Google it. There should be sites with listings of each game with general "best" settings, geared toward getting the game as close to original graphical quality or eliminating missing screens. Your device should run PS1 emulation just fine since my Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 with 250MB dedicated runs Final Fantasy Tactics pretty well.
    Can you list your video, audio, and CD rom settings and configurations please?
    I use Intel GMA 3600 Series as well, but when I play any games on ePSXe 1.6, 1.7, or 1.9, the speed was very slow.
    Here are my specs:
    Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2800 @ 1.86GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 2036MB RAM
    Card name: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 Series
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 3600 Series (Atom N2800)
    Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
    Shared Memory: 761 MB
    Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (60.003Hz)
    Output Type: Internal

Thanks skullpoker..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Please, don't revive old threads like this, create a new one if you need help..

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just to add that the info in this thread is very much out of date anyway and one of the reasons we don't allow older threads to be re-activated/bumped up like this.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR