Thread: Arcade Stick for Xbox

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Arcade Stick for Xbox

Hi Ho
    I was wondering if there was a really good arcade stick for the original Xbox.
    I know the XArcade Tankstick supports Xbox, but I was discouraged to buy it and it comes at a very high price, especially for ppl living outside the US.
    I want an Arcade Stick for MAMEoX and FBA-XXX in the first place, but that would barely matter if the stick was working properly on the XBox.
    I have also tried my old PS1-Stick using a converter but to no avail :-(
    See ya
    Tosnic

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I own a Logic3 Tri-Format Arcade Stick, supports PS2 Xbox and PC (works on PSX as well obviously) the thing even has a slot for the xbox memory card, not that you really need one

the stick itself is a good stick (I wouldn't say it's arcade quality or anything though) and works well from your lap (the design works well for playing on your lap) or from a desk (I do still like playing on a solid surface though than from my lap)

P.S. that stick shouldn't be vasty expensive or anything it is a budget stick and is very well built for a home console stick

A lil shocked that a xbox to PSX/2 converter didn't work though... Not sure why that would be either though, maybe I should test some of my more obscure pads like my one handed controller that lacks Analog sticks, it could just be that the converter used expects Analog pads at the very least and most sticks only support one Joy stick that can either replace 1 Analog stick or the D-Pad depending on the stick setup

If you wanted to push the boat out a bit but not as far as the X arcade sticks that are very expensive there are solid arcade sticks that you can get simply called Xbox Arcade stick

But Logic 3 do one of those as well that comes very cheaply that is more your solid very squared box with stick and buttons, not had that one myself but Logic3's sticks I have used most are well built anyway (again not to the standard of arcade but still very durable and very well built)

Asides from the X Arcade sticks I have never seen a console Arcade stick build to arcade standards not even the Street Fighter ones you can get that are very good sticks but still lack the solid feel of the real arcade sticks (they are not heavy enough and would need to be bolted down to get the real feel of arcade)

Oh well looked at the US Amazon and found none of the ones I was thinking of, there was a few that looked like the one I was talking about the Tri-format one that is very good but the ones I seen had been wireless (2x AA or AAA batteries in a controller is not something I am a fan of unless you can play and charge them like PS3 and 360 controllers can then I might not be so bothered) or sticks for the 360 or PS3 (dunno about ebay though, they might have some good original xbox arcade sticks in auction)

You will not find any at the same quality as the X-Arcade Stick or Twin Stick though, but Real Arcade hardware is not really that cheap either and don't blame you not wanting to pay the over the top price they ask for them, even though I know you would love one, wouldn't be so bad if they provided all the converters free but you pay for those individually

EDIT saying all that actually there does seem to be some newer arcade sticks (not for the original xbox though) that do look like they would be solid enough and big enough to get a good arcade feel with them though the price tags on them you may as well grab an X arcade stick or twin stick
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-March-2013 at 21:07.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you Zorlon.
    Is that arcade stick of yours actually called "Logic3 Tri-Format Arcade Stick"? I cannot find any results on ebay.com for that name
    and I cannot find any result for "xbox arcade stick" on the German ebay site. O_o It seems Germany has no love for arcades :-(
    I also looked for the arcade sticks mentioned here, but they are out of production and play-asia is out of stock. I guess XArcade owns the arcade stick niche just because they continuously offer their products...

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah that's the exact name but let me check for some german sites for you

Edit didn't take long

http://www.amazon.de/Playstation-Joy...3627580&sr=8-5 that's my stick though that's outs of stock there but the uk amazon has that stick
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-March-2013 at 17:46.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

thx. Now I know at least how it looks like

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

out of interest how much would it cost to grab the one from the UK? Or can't you?

the item itself is £19.99 plus £2.03 postage but that's UK postage but you would be importing it so there would be added cost

or £15.95 used plus £2.03 for UK postage

I got mine used as it happens but it was in perfect working condition, even works fine in Windows 7 though the drivers are on floppy and only for 95 to XP the device is detected as a HID controller on newer Windows versions so it can still be used, it even has it's own macro's so you can program a single button to do a series of presses and or set up turbo fire on the buttons.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-March-2013 at 21:11.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    out of interest how much would it cost to grab the one from the UK? Or can't you?

the item itself is £19.99 plus £2.03 postage but that's UK postage but you would be importing it so there would be added cost

or £15.95 used plus £2.03 for UK postage

I got mine used as it happens but it was in perfect working condition, even works fine in Windows 7 though the drivers are on floppy and only for 95 to XP the device is detected as a HID controller on newer Windows versions so it can still be used, it even has it's own macro's so you can program a single button to do a series of presses and or set up turbo fire on the buttons.
    The delivery cost would be approx 15 Euro (for EU shipping), but the seller has to decide wether they send the item to Germany to begin with. I had contacted sellers before from UK and US amazon, both refusing to ship to Germany :-(

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That sucks I will keep an eye out for you though

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]