Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unknown Source when loading MHP3 on JPCSP

Thanks

Default Unknown Source when loading MHP3 on JPCSP

Hi guys newbie here

So I just downloaded jpcsp for Monster Hunter Portable 3rd and was expecting to play it this second but unfortunately NO

It just shows shows a bunch of unknown source thingies o.O

Here's the screenshot

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/7010/18900561.jpg

Hope somebody can help me out ASAP I really want to play this game
    Last edited by zlyng0801; 12th-March-2013 at 11:48.

Thanks
    EP Points

There's no decent psp emulator at the moment, don't know if JPCSP is still active

An active one at the moment is PPSSPP, but it was released mid-late last year and is currently in very early stages (pre-alpha quality)

Give PCSP a go, it's on the main site, I've also heard of PSP4All but I can't be bothered to find it or even test it

Since PSP emulation probably won't be great until, lets say, PPSSPP reaches its potential, I'd leave PSP emus for now and get a hackable PSP (not too great on Sony stuff). For some games, you'll need a decent PC; also applies to things like Dolphin and PCSX2.

P.S. What I mean by decent is a minimum of a 2.5 GHz CPU, any Radeon/GeForce GPU better than Intel HD Graphics 3000/4000 and 4GB RAM. You're not alone if your PC is slow; mine's in the mid-low end range now. I'll show it to you so you see what I mean

P.P.S. Since you're a newbie I don't expect you to know about whatever I'm talking about

There should be someone with a PSP themselves who would recommend getting an actual PSP instead
    System Specs are Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1, i3-2310M @2.1GHz, 4GB Ram and 128MB Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Click the thanks button if I helped in any way!

Thanks

LOL tried both PCSP and PPSSPP too , still not working T.T

Is it possible that its the game problem?

Well if thats so then I'll download it from another site

P.S I think I have a decent pc , Windows 7 64bit , Intel i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz , 6GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce GT630M

Thanks
    EP Points

Jpcsp is the one that's furthest along. And sorry you're out of luck for now, everything I've been able to find out says it's unplayable right now. Also it's encrypted. It seems all the Monster Hunter games are unplayable.

Here's a handy list. Looks like it's been a few months since updated but it's not that old.

Compatibility list A-L
    Compatibility list M-Z

Thanks
    EP Points

Whoa, your PC's better than I thought... I assume everyone's PC is bad (since they want stuff for free with what they have), it's a proper high end CPU and GPU you have there! With that PC, you could emulate the PS2, GCN and Wii pretty well

It's the compatibility like Zaladane said

You're just gonna have to wait for a PSP emulator to reach its potential and be very compatible like all of us (i.e. JPCSP, PPSSPP, but not PCSP I think)
    System Specs are Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1, i3-2310M @2.1GHz, 4GB Ram and 128MB Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Thanks

Oh well then I'll find something else to play T.T

By the way can Dolphin or Desmume emulator play Wii U games like MH3U ?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by zlyng0801 View Post
    Oh well then I'll find something else to play T.T

By the way can Dolphin or Desmume emulator play Wii U games like MH3U ?

Desmume plays NDS games, Dolphin plays GCN/Wii games (not Wii U games!)

Wii U games haven't been dumped yet I think (since Wii U was late last year)

This means that there is no Wii U emulator (there will be but for many years to come)

Thanks

Yea I know its for NDS games but are NDS n 3DS games the same?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Hunter

MH3U can be played in either 3DS or Wii U but since you said Wii emulator can't support Wii U files so I'm wondering can NDS emulator play 3DS games

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There are no 3DS or WiiU emulators

There are no 3DS flash kits that support 3DS games either

In fact 3DS roms have no use as of yet and there is no way of even knowing if the dumps are correct yet either

3DS software is totally different from NDS software, it is not just 3D that is added the res and polygon count is a lot different to what the old NDS software was, it would be like trying to play PS3 on a PSX
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-March-2013 at 18:38.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

If you really want to play a Monster Hunter game try Monster Hunter Tri on Dolphin!

The compat list looks good!

http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.ph...ter_Hunter_Tri
    "Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within
    the heart of mankind." - Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Thanks

Ohh........ too bad for me >.<

So gonna wait for someone to make an emulator of those o.O

Yea I did that already

Almost finished the game =P

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You will be waiting a very long time then :/

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    You will be waiting a very long time then :/
    Hehe, I'm estimating about 4-6 yrs for a 3ds emu and 6-8 yrs for a Wii U one, there isn't a 360 or PS3 one either (actually there's a PS3 emulator for homebrew a.k.a. rpcs3 but it's of no use now except for homebrew debugging) and all of the ones on the net are fakes anyways (not going too far otherwise I might go into warez)

EDIT: That might be a weird estimate on yrs

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There isn't even an Xbox emu that can actually play anything let alone a 360 one

You never know what some smart kid or group will come out with though

At the moment Nintendo are very good at keeping things blocked (Yes I know the Wii was opened up ages ago but with the 3DS with every update the flash kits get blocked, yet a few get around the blocks after being blocked)

There has not been enough hardware info for the 3DS and DSi side hardware for it to be fully cracked so no 3DS or DSi software has been fully dumped yet and no flash kits developed that could run either fully (there is one flash kit that supports DSi mode that I know of but yet to see any DSi rom dumped correctly so take that whatever way you like)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    There isn't even an Xbox emu that can actually play anything let alone a 360 one

You never know what some smart kid or group will come out with though

At the moment Nintendo are very good at keeping things blocked (Yes I know the Wii was opened up ages ago but with the 3DS with every update the flash kits get blocked, yet a few get around the blocks after being blocked)

There has not been enough hardware info for the 3DS and DSi side hardware for it to be fully cracked so no 3DS or DSi software has been fully dumped yet and no flash kits developed that could run either fully (there is one flash kit that supports DSi mode that I know of but yet to see any DSi rom dumped correctly so take that whatever way you like)
    I'm guessing that the Wii U has this sort of strictness on updates like the 3DS?

I forgot about original Xbox emulation since it's nowhere near complete (or being developed from the last time I saw it a month ago)

DSi roms kind of work on flash kits , if I had WEP for my wi-fi i could test it but not risking wi-fi security over games

Microsoft are blocking stuff too; all modding methods require you to open up the 360 at least once before using homebrew/jtag stuff from usb but they aren't as bad as nintendo at the moment (i'll take this back if it happens with their next console i.e. 720/whatever they call it)