Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USB Loaders and other mods for Wii?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

All my Wii Motes are Motion Plus or use a Motion Plus adapter and yes it's perfectly fine including with Zelda - Skyward Sword

You will need to if you have not already played the vid that tells you how to use Motion Plus, this is the same of retail games, USB Loaders will skip that video unless to do otherwise

This only needs to be done ones with one Motion Plus games afterwards it works with every Motion Plus game
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-February-2013 at 16:18.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

So Googling the problem, it seems that Dios Mios doesn't actually work with the latest version of USB Loader GX. You'd have to download a beta version. Which I did, tried to play Twin Snakes. This got me past the annoying "Copy the game to your SD card" problem...but the audio on the title screen skips and it locks when either trying to go to the briefing or at the first Codec call. Ugh. I just want to play Twin Snakes from my USB, since the Wii's disk drive is conking out and I'd rather not further abuse it with burned disks.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I already covered USB loader GX versions, though it was in another thread... Please no more new threads for Wii moddery ndsplayer19576 there is enough active ones all for you at the moment

I can't say I got the results you got though I used that game as a test and it played just fine, DIOS MIOS will be at fault though rather than the USB loader, either that or you failed to format the drive correctly or rip the disc

I hazard a guess at DIOS MIOS being at fault though using an older version

P.S. to get auto disc swop/swaps working you need atleast version 2.6 of DIOS MIOS disc1 and disc2 stored in the same folder in iso format (can be compressed iso) disc needs to be named game.iso and disc2 needs to be named disc2.iso

I am using DIOS MIOS version 2.7 though and the PAL version of Twin Snakes, according to the compat list saves don't work in 2.6 though they work just fine for me but I have saves on there before I installed it to USB as I just ripped my original discs with USBloaderGX direct to the USB drive, they may have also fixed that in 2.7 as well I do not know, but if saves are an issue the easy way to fix that is just to add a save from gamefaqs or something to your GC memcard, there are enough tools to do that now, you may also need save converting software aswell

P.S. DIOS MIOS 2.8 is out now

I have problems with downloading from the official page (free user downloads have ran out or something like that and asks for me to pay to download (I don't normally download from that DL service so it may be blocked by my IP needless to say I refuse to pay to download in the first place and if my IP does block it for some reason then I would be paying for nothing))

I use eurasia instead, I am a member but there is a none member download service aswell

diosmios v2.8
    diosmioslite v2.8

It is always best to check official sites first though even if I do trust euroasia and have used them for years for alt links or hard to find console software
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-February-2013 at 17:03.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I have no idea. Halfway suspected my ISO was bad, so I grabbed the game from another source. Nope, same problem. Skipping audio on the title screen, and the first Codec call locks everything. The Codec screen itself pops up with the frequency, but Snake and Campbell's faces never appear and the conversation won't start.

And going to the Briefing option just causes a black screen while the (skipping) audio continues to play. Very weird.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    All my Wii Motes are Motion Plus or use a Motion Plus adapter and yes it's perfectly fine including with Zelda - Skyward Sword

You will need to if you have not already played the vid that tells you how to use Motion Plus, this is the same of retail games, USB Loaders will skip that video unless to do otherwise

This only needs to be done ones with one Motion Plus games afterwards it works with every Motion Plus game
    Would it say if my Wii came with motion plus built in the Wiimotes? I have no idea

I got it in a bundle in 2010 but I don't know if it will have Motion Plus built in so I'm asking anyway

Around 2010 I think I saw an ad with Motion Plus adapter and it was some massive plug-in to the bit where you use a nunchuk or classic controller, about the width of the Wiimote itself so it extended the controller a bit

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

All Wii's do now mine is a first model Wii though so I have 2 of those Motion Plus Ad on blocks, my 3rd Wii Mote came with Zelda Skywards Sword (Golden Wii Mote sexyness that has Motion Plus built in to it)

the Wii Mote though that has it built in says "Wii" then under that says "Wii MotionPlus INSIDE" just under the 4 lights, the ones that do not just say "Wii" under the 4 lights
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-February-2013 at 17:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DeathChicken View Post
    I have no idea. Halfway suspected my ISO was bad, so I grabbed the game from another source. Nope, same problem. Skipping audio on the title screen, and the first Codec call locks everything. The Codec screen itself pops up with the frequency, but Snake and Campbell's faces never appear and the conversation won't start.

And going to the Briefing option just causes a black screen while the (skipping) audio continues to play. Very weird.
    Update DIOS MIOS, install the game directly via your PC instead of burning it and using a USB Loader to rip it from disc (doubly so as you stated your drive is somewhat worn)

I possible skipped the briefing vid I have played the game too many times but I will check that very soon for you the Codec calls worked fine though as did the entire first part up to jumping into the lift, then I switched to a save at the end of disc 1 so I could test disc changing

EDIT

Yep briefing vids work just great I also used compressed iso when I ripped my game

All cemera's work including zooming in and out & moving, if the issue is still there from installing via PC not disc and updating DIOS MIOS it could either be a slow USB1 drive issue instead of USB2, USB2 is recommended (Wii does not have USB3 support but a USB3 drive will run at USB2 speed anyway) or the image you have is indeed corrupt then you need to download it from another source rather than the same one again

P.S. I also quickly installed the new DIOS MIOS 2.8

Special>Demo Theater also play fine for me (you may not have that unlocked) basically it plays all the cut scenes in order including the codec play backs, these all play perfectly.

P.P.S. you can still use compressed iso format from PC using the correct tools, DIOS MIOS actually comes with a tool able to do that or you can just name to full iso or gcm to game.iso for disc 1 and disc2.iso for disc 2 and pop them in the path games/(just use the folder already created by USBLoaderGX)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-February-2013 at 17:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Please no more new threads for Wii moddery ndsplayer19576 there is enough active ones all for you at the moment
    Ok I'll stop and try and figure them out before I become more of a pain

I'll go round helping people with whatever I know instead

If you want I'll PM you first before I begin out of curiosity

All Wii's do now mine is a first model Wii though so I have 2 of those Motion Plus Ad on blocks, my 3rd Wii Mote came with Zelda Skywards Sword (Golden Wii Mote sexyness that has Motion Plus built in to it)

the Wii Mote though that has it built in says "Wii" then under that says "Wii MotionPlus INSIDE" just under the 4 lights, the ones that do not just say "Wii" under the 4 lights
    Ok thanks for the info

I'll use your fat32 method and see how it goes if I use wbfs files and if goes great, I'll use USB Loader GX now that I now lots already

Just one more question: DIOS MIOS Lite doesn't seem to work with USB Loader GX, but with cfg-Loader; should I use DIOS MIOS instead?

You can close this thread if you need to
    Last edited by ndsplayer19576; 28th-February-2013 at 18:24.

Thanks

I am using DIOS MIOS 1.8. Taking the Twin Snakes ISO from various sources (I've tried pretty much all of the versions hosted here on Emuparadise, as well as a few others), running them through DiscEx and putting the folder on the USB. Always the same thing happens.

At this point, I kind of suspect that it might be my USB drive at fault, as the game itself is running but certain parts of it just aren't loading during the game itself.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

1.8 is very out of date and does not support 2 disc games, update DIOS MIOS

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ndsplayer19576 View Post
    Ok I'll stop and try and figure them out before I become more of a pain

I'll go round helping people with whatever I know instead

If you want I'll PM you first before I begin out of curiosity

Ok thanks for the info

I'll use your fat32 method and see how it goes if I use wbfs files and if goes great, I'll use USB Loader GX now that I now lots already

Just one more question: DIOS MIOS Lite doesn't seem to work with USB Loader GX, but with cfg-Loader; should I use DIOS MIOS instead?

You can close this thread if you need to
    Nope don't PM me just post in one thread not 2 or more

DIOS MIOS lite works perfectly fine with USBLoaderGX I tested that first before changing to the full version, yes try the full version

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Nope don't PM me just post in one thread not 2 or more
    Ok, I'll try and do so in future

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You may need to update your Wii's ios's you seem to be getting lots of issues ndsplayer19576

easiest and safest way is via ModMii (initially used to mod a Wii but also used to update IOS drivers in a safe way)

You may need to re-install DIOS MIOS after
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-February-2013 at 18:50.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Aha, I figured out the problem. NeoGamma reformatted my USB drive to FAT32 when I first used it...but for whatever reason, it set the clusters to 4k instead of 32k. Went and formatted the drive again, set the clusters to 32 myself. Now the game works fine.

And it's DIOS MIOS 2.8 I'm using, not 1.8. Whoops.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's great DeathChicken

Don't like NeoGamma it is kinda a sucky gui for USB, that is one I have used myself from time to time

Oopsies heh everyone can make little mistakes, enjoy MGS TS, love those games except maybe Rising not sure I like it yet, it's not really a MGS game though, not played the PSP ones as of yet either

P.S. 140.15 is needed when you return to the hanger it's the codec tune in on the back of the box for Meryl...
    Last edited by Zorlon; 1st-March-2013 at 13:30.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]