Thread: cfg-Loader and DIOS MIOS Lite

Thanks
    EP Points

Default cfg-Loader and DIOS MIOS Lite

What I'm trying to do is to put GCN games on my SD and load them on Wii using DIOS MIOS Lite and cfg-Loader. Although what happens is that they are not displayed and I can't set my view to SD since I require WBFS for the SD, which isn't possible for GCN games.

I wouldn't want to give up space on my small 8GB USB for partitioning as I use it for Wii games via WBFS. My Wii is also 2010 so no disc loading suggestions are available.

Am I doing anything wrong? I used one of the formats of the game so that it came out like this:

sd:/G9SE8P/sys/apploader.img, bi2.bin, boot.bin

game.iso was in the G9SE8P folder (i.e. game i.d. folder)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

1 convert the WBFS partition to Fat32 32kb cluster size if you want to run your GC and Wii games from HDD (you would need to remove the games first (back em up onto your PC with a WBFS manager))

You will also need an external formatter to get the Fat32 32kb cluster format done correctly as new versions of windows do not support formatting to that spec, I used EaseUS Partition Master 9.2.1 Home Edition for this (it's free )

2 if you are using DIOS MIOS Lite then it should just work from the SD formatted as Fat32 64kb or less cluster size

I will also recommend using USB Loader GX (not the latest stable version 3.0 but one of the newer revisions r1209 is the last one)

The same thing applies to cfg USB Loader though get v70 r36 or higher

The correct path is sd:/games/G9SE8P/game.iso or usb#:/games/G9SE8P/game.iso

The sys folder and it's contents are not needed

You need everything perfect for it to work

Path needs to be exact (actually the the subfolder the game goes into can be renamed from it's ID if you like)
    USB Drive format also needs to be exact as Fat32 64kb cluser size is no good and that's usually default it needs to be Fat32 32k clusters DIOS MIOS (none lite version)
    SD card format also needs to exact of Fat32 64kb clusters or less and to be using DIOS MIOS Lite

P.S. let me know if you can't find any of the needed files, as it happens I only just enabled GameCube games myself (today) but already ran them off my SD and HDD perfectly (this is yet to be perfect as some audio is not supported as of yet, that is only with a small amount of games most are great, I know this because I know how the sound works in some games and has the same issues with other GC mods that I have done before)

P.P.S. not sure if you require a GC disc in the Wii to do this either... well not yet as it happens I have had one in mostly because when I tested the games I had just dumped a handfull of my originals directly by the Wii from USBloaderGX, there is also other GC rippers that can do the same direct on the Wii if you own originals

EDIT:- Nope you do not need a GC disc in the drive for most games some may though
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-February-2013 at 21:35.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks Zorlon, I wasn't so sure about that "games" folder since I used some tool called "DM Toolbox" to do it for me and it came out as what I said at the beginning.

I'll see if my SD's already formatted to 64kb, otherwise I'll back it up and re-format it if I find it's above.

Can I use my built-in formatter in Windows? I think you've seen before that I'm using Win 7 x64. What I forgot to put in was that it was SP1 if that matters.

EDIT: I've checked some compatibility list and that "No disc error" wasn't really in the games that I use with the same region, except for Super Mario Sunshine NTSC-U which had that rare no disc thing.
    Last edited by ndsplayer19576; 24th-February-2013 at 22:39.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

just get the formatter I mentioned, you can't even format a HDD with Fat32 in Win7 x64 just exFat or NTFS

for SD's if you do need to format the best tool for that is a SD formatter, just google that just about any will do, these just do a better job than windows does, as I am sure windows can still format SD cards as FAT32, just not HDD's, shrugs not sure why that would be

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    just get the formatter I mentioned, you can't even format a HDD with Fat32 in Win7 x64 just exFat or NTFS

for SD's if you do need to format the best tool for that is a SD formatter, just google that just about any will do, these just do a better job than windows does, as I am sure windows can still format SD cards as FAT32, just not HDD's, shrugs not sure why that would be
    So I see, HDD's can't be formatted as FAT32 by Winndows, while SD's can, but I was going with the SD method to start with anyway.

Why didn't I read your previous post properly earlier? Guess that's just me.