Thread: acekard

Thanks

Default acekard

Hi has anyone have any idea wot's going on with acekard, they do not answer emails, and they seem to be dragging their heels over the latest dsi & 3d updates for their carts, yet r4i and others have released their new firmwares.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by huggi View Post
    Hi has anyone have any idea wot's going on with acekard, they do not answer emails, and they seem to be dragging their heels over the latest dsi & 3d updates for their carts, yet r4i and others have released their new firmwares.
    Have you got their contact details from the official site?

Bad R4 clones like mine from China are dead and have no contacting stuff so you're lucky to have it

Supercard DSTWO seems to be better now as Zorlon was recommending to me and some others but I have no idea about contact details with them if any

Thanks

coz acekard 2i stopped getting firmware updates, currently your best bet is the r4i gold card with rts http://www.thegamerdepot.com/buy-woo...ids-p-150.html
    Last edited by 3dsgamedemon; 3rd-September-2013 at 06:36.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There hardware was blocked to the point that no amount of firmware updates would fix it for the 3DS

The answer is never

I also own a AceKard2i that I can no longer use with any of my 3DS's, I owned a SuperCardDSTwo though anyway so used that and got myself a second one

I don't use 2 3DS's myself my girlfriend uses one I use the XL model

SuperCard DSTWO is the next best choice though
    NDS compat with no patching
    GBA emulation on DS to 3DS that for the most part works very well (Perfect in a lot of games) this is no available to other flash kits and does not use slot2
    SNES emulation that also works great (SNES is scaled down though as the DS upper screen is too low res not to do that compat is so so some game run great while others don't run so well) also not available to other flash kits
    *GBA and SNES emulation only work with the SuperCardDSTwo because the DSTWO has an extra memory chip that is added to the memory the DS side hardware uses

P.S. all DS flash kits only access DS side hardware resources so nothing is added when you use those in a 3DS
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-February-2013 at 12:10.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

supercard dstwo is the best cart at the moment, have you ever noticed that the DS2 is the only cart that has not needed a new hardware to bypass a N3DS/NDS update

Thanks

Yes I got their contact details from the official site have sent 3 mails but no reply also having trouble loggin on to their forum !

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes I got their contact details from the official site have sent 3 mails but no reply also having trouble loggin on to their forum !
    Ok so you can assume that it's finished like said above

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The very last update they done originally was only available if you sent them an e-mail but they have not updated since then and only put the update up on there site after the kit was hardware blocked (another words software/firmware updates to the flash kit will never be possible)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    The very last update they done originally was only available if you sent them an e-mail but they have not updated since then and only put the update up on there site after the kit was hardware blocked (another words software/firmware updates to the flash kit will never be possible)
    So hardware blocking would cause that thing to come up as that turn off your console thing on the 3DS/DSi?

Is it that it would only be a hardware change in the acekard that would make it a completely brand new, unblocked card if they're lucky to not copy other flashcart hardware similarly? (of course until Nintendo finds out a way of blocking it when they get their hands on one)

Thanks

per haps I'll dust of my old R4i cart as there is a update to 1.45 for dsi, for now I only updated my xldsi to download a game from the shop now my acekard 2i don't work.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ndsplayer19576 View Post
    So hardware blocking would cause that thing to come up as that turn off your console thing on the 3DS/DSi?

Is it that it would only be a hardware change in the acekard that would make it a completely brand new, unblocked card if they're lucky to not copy other flashcart hardware similarly? (of course until Nintendo finds out a way of blocking it when they get their hands on one)
    Hardware and Software blocks show the same thing

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]