Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I AM NEW; I NEED HELP PLZ :[ (emulating GC games)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by K1nG JaY xX View Post
    You can't open the gcm file, you need an emulator to open it, once you downloaf and configure the gc emulator, open the file using the emulator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    ooohh...i see, ok, i am following the video exactly, now doing the jzip part as in the video, lets see how this will turn out this time. but there is one thing; in the video his number files are white paper, mine all the time keep getting out as paper with books in them as seen in the pics. is that alright? or is it the things affecting this process? cause someone in the upper posts mentioned these files computer makes them into images like that, but isnt really anything, so...

update, ok. i just opened dolphin and it still odnt recognize. btw, i pressed on GCpad thing and it said an wrror, and send error report. could it be that the emulator isnt working?

Thanks

I'd delete dolphin, back up anything you want to save from your previous dolphin uses if any.
    Delete Dolphin and get a fresh download. 3.5 is the latest version.

Open Dolphin up and use the Open button ( with the folder image ) and navigate to your .gcm file, select it and hit open, that should be it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Please don't double post, goldensun777.
    Use the Edit Post function thank you.

Thanks

i am not sure whats goin on, but it kept telling me yesterday that the forum is busy, and i couldnt post what i typed. i tried different times a day, but didnt work...maybe it posted but i couldnt see it due to that problem. anyways, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the help, i had to install another dolphin emulator the newest one from their site and i was able to play the game. i only had one problem though; the sound was glitchy and slow you can say...i found a youtube video for that, but it didnt solve the problem. any suggestions?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

lol

sorry that was funny yeah you extracted the the disc image already

do yourself a favor and go into the settings for winrar and take iso off the file association list

The best offer is buy a Wii and softmod it

PC specs would be desirable for giving config info for that game or go to http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Main_Page for hints though the info is a lil out of date from what others have said, but it's a good starting point
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-January-2013 at 17:58.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    lol

sorry that was funny yeah you extracted the the disc image already

do yourself a favor and go into the settings for winrar and take iso off the file association list

The best offer is buy a Wii and softmod it

PC specs would be desirable for giving config info for that game or go to http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Main_Page for hints though the info is a lil out of date from what others have said, but it's a good starting point
    lol whats taking the iso off the winrar do?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

stops it from thinking iso is an archive type so it doesn't even try and extract them

even with console games that do have iso files you can extract, doing so makes them unusable

The reason you may of had the errors with winrar at least is because it was attempting to extract the iso file as well, as it happens Wii and GC iso's are not your normal type as in they are built differently to normal iso images though they burn exactly the same
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-January-2013 at 20:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Nice Zorlon, winrar auto extracting the already .iso was a nice find, totally slipped my mind! And glad we could help fix the issue Goldensun777.

Don't forget the THANKS button on your way out!

Thanks

i went to the wiki, but it didnt asist me much; i didnt see about audio config and best quality. so i went and searched online for "PC specs" but it gave me results that didnt have pc specs in the url...if there is a website for that and especially a direct link to the audio problem how to fix it for dolphin gamecube, can you perhaps post me it plz?

thnx in advance!

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

it's your computers specifications... i.e. what your computers specs are what cpu you have what graphics chip set you have what sound chip set you have and how much memory your system has also what OS (Operating system you have.. e.g. Windows8)

P.S. don't just give us what sound chip set you have the other information is needed aswell

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

it's your computers specifications... i.e. what your computers specs are what cpu you have what graphics chip set you have what sound chip set you have and how much memory your system has also what OS (Operating system you have.. e.g. Windows8)

P.S. don't just give us what sound chip set you have the other information is needed aswell
    o wow its that complicated lol. ill post a pic of what i have.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	36182

Name:	untitled1.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	36183

Name:	untitled2.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	36184

Name:	untitled3.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	36185

Name:	untitled4.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	36186
    Last edited by goldensun777; 22nd-January-2013 at 21:07.

Thanks

You could use a bit more RAM, many emulators are CPU demanding, when you run the emulator, open up windows task manager and see if your CPU Usage is through the roof. Also different games can cause this aswell being that some games are more demanding than others. Also check into nightly builds, sometimes they have neat updates that make it run better, also I'm not sure it would make much difference but try setting it as a higher priority. Make sure your sound card is updated and is thoroughly compatible with dolphin ( as some are not ideal. ) Zorlon could probably tell you a bit more in depth about it than I can. Just my ideas.

Don't forget the THANKS button on your way out!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to K1nG JaY xX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by K1nG JaY xX View Post
    You could use a bit more RAM, many emulators are CPU demanding, when you run the emulator, open up windows task manager and see if your CPU Usage is through the roof. Also different games can cause this aswell being that some games are more demanding than others. Also check into nightly builds, sometimes they have neat updates that make it run better, also I'm not sure it would make much difference but try setting it as a higher priority. Make sure your sound card is updated and is thoroughly compatible with dolphin ( as some are not ideal. ) Zorlon could probably tell you a bit more in depth about it than I can. Just my ideas.

ok thnx there is a similar youtube video that describes my situation but different game, though he had same sound glitching as i did. but he said to follow steps that he did, and then it worked for him, but some people commented it didnt as it didnt either for me. ill also wait for zorlon to reply back after i gave him my pc info.