Thread: BIOS issue with WiiEngine

Thanks

Default BIOS issue with WiiEngine

Hello there.

I've been trying to emulate Rondo of Blood on WiiEngine, but haven't been able to get it to work. I've managed to get it to run under the 1.0 CD Bios, which doesn't allow the full game to run but rather a demo level telling you to get a more advanced BIOS, but whenever I use a 3.0 BIOS, it doesn't work, the screen simply flashes for a split second and I'm back on Wiiengine. I've tried a couple of 3.0 BIOS, with the same luck. Does anyone know what my problem could be?

Thanks for your time.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try a v2 CD bios aswell I'm sure it was only the v1 bios that could give you the mini game anyway

Can't say I have emulated that game on a Wii though, I can hazard a guess that it's not fully compatible though as with most PC engine emulators (in general I'm talking about not with Castlevania X as I have played that game through many times over a few emulators)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Oh it's compatible with the emulator, at least many tell me as such. I mean I'm able to run it just fine, the demo level "Stage X" I mean with this specific 1.0 BIOS, but with every 2.0 or 3.0 one I've used thus far, it won't even load the game, it will just make the screen flash and then go back to the emulator. I'm honestly stumped.

On a related note, what would be the best emulator on the PC to run it? I may just look up my laptop to my TV to play it.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Magic Engine a pay for emulator is the best of the best

I have an older version uploaded here with the key but I do strongly recommend buying that one

Older fully functional version
    The official site that you can grab the latest version from in demo format or buy it

You can test the bios images out in those aswell

Just by the emu crashing out says there is an issue with that game even though the v1 bios can run the very basic bubble 3D mini game

There may be an issue with the disc image as well but that can also be tested via Magic engine that I know it works with
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-January-2013 at 23:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I just thought I would look through my Wii-Ware and guess what game is on the list

Castlevania.Rondo.of.Blood.USA.VC.TG16.Wii-OneUp

i.e. That game is officially emulated on the Wii, you can install these from a WAD installer

We will maybe have those aswell, not checked though myself
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-January-2013 at 16:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Sorry for the slow response, I've been busy.

Thanks for the Magic Engine stuff! Though I have no idea how to run my .cue file in it. I don't see an option to boot it. I've even burned it to a CD-R, but haven't a clue how to get the emulator to detect and run it.